Wizards vs Real Salt Lake 8/7 7:30 p/i/p [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    I don't think Bunbury can be faulted for this play, he appears to be even with the second to last defender when Zusi last touches the ball. I doubt the AR could see when the last touch happened, and if the did it seems tie goes to the defender for most AR.

2. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea i just watched the replay and thinking of it live, its not like he was in the play regardless, he was coming back to being even, he was farther offside just before; it was a deflection that bounced to him.... finish was nice regardless, Bunbury has the ability to be a great player

3. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was impressed with how your offense is improving. You have a lot of big active guys surging forward, and it creates a lot of opportunities.

Morales had a couple chances to put us ahead, but your boys probably created more chances.

RSL's best shot at a second goal was probably the 3 on 3 where Morales took too long to chip the keeper. Speaking of which, Nielsen should have come out and cleared the cross on the Findley 'goal', he had no business staying on his line. Still, in two games I really like your keeper - he's a winner.

GL going forward, your front office is picking up good players and KC is definitely a team on the upswing.

4. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea Puma is fan favorite as well, everyone loves him and he is really freaking solid.

We had some turnovers in the middle that Morales almost killed us on, Auvray did a nice job closing, but made some serious passing mistakes that can kill you. He was hurt when you guys destroyed us at your place, he made a big difference.

Both teams had about 15 mins of good stuff, but w/ the shortness of the length of the CAB, they quickly would switch to booting it/dont make a mistake ugly footie.

5. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I just like that he can actually make things happen.

6. bobunbury

bobunbury Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Actually, he can be faulted. When Zusi received the ball, Bunbury was in an offside position, and never made an attempt to get back onside.

He has to be able to recognize that. If he does, KC has 3 points. I am not trying to nail the kid, but he has to understand that as the center forward, his team is relying on him to score. That's his primary job!

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He probably should have, unfortunately controlling his box in the air is the weakest part of Jimmy's game.

8. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the first game in a very long time that I had confidence during the game that the team was not going to fold and give the game away. It looks like they are picking up a bit of swagger and I like that.......

9. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should have nominees in both GOTW and SOTW polls this week. Waiting for the GOTW list to come up soon.....

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO