Wizards fined for uniforms

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Oct 10, 2003.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    http://www.mlsnet.com/content/03/mls1010discipline.html

WFT?! Suck it MLS! I thought the home team got to choose what we wore for a game...

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with you--you guys look great in the blue&white, too. Colo should have just put on their black shorts and there would be clash. Yet another sign of how much MLS controls everything. 5 days in advance!?!?

Does anyone know why you did it though? Any reason besides "because we'd look good"?

3. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does this mean that it was OK when we wore the same kit in LA the week before?

4. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    How about that noon game versus the Metros? I remeber KC not using their normal jerseys and the Metros used their away kit...

5. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Thats bull$hit... personally i like the blue tops and white shorts much better than all blue... its more original i think... i cant believe MLS fined the team for wearing what ever kit they want at home....

6. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's all in the name of professionalism, which is subjective, but unfortunately they are the ones running the league, not us. It could be way worse. Ajax Cape Town, the sister club to Ajax, was expelled from the South African premiership for violating dress code (three times). I belive in their situation it was that they werent wearing the normal uniform sponsor. That's something to get a little more peeved about than the Wizard issue, but still, it's probably overreacting a bit.

7. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when the Galaxy went with green shorts with their yellow tops last week (looked nice IMO) did they break the rules too?

8. bettendor

bettendor New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Iowa
    Wiz fined for unis mistake

Hmmm... This sound too much like the NFL, a.k.a. the No Fun League.

9. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a second I though a fine was being levied retoractive to the 1996 season!

10. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    it was not liked they were fined for wearing the white shorts with the blue top b/c the league didn't like the way it looked...they were fined b/c they wore something other than what the game notice said they were gonna wear. not sure who makes up the game notice but i am sure that KC has some say in what they wear, they just decided to not wear what they said 5 days earlier they were gonna wear...and for that they were fined. doesn't seem that hard to understand.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps it doesn't matter what they wear as long as they notify the league in advance. The league is probably tring to keep the visiting team from having to bring extra uniforms of differing colors. If KC had let the Rapids know they were wearing white in advance Colorado would have had plenty of time to adjust and get their black shorts ready to ship.

12. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im thinking that as long as we are looking to be a superstitious team, and as long as we are finally winning again, and as long as we have been wearing white shorts every time so far...i bet they decided at the last minute for good luck.

whatever it takes for victory, i guess....

13. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I'm sure that Josh Wolff can spare the extra coin to help the team, since he isn't with his play. Methinks we should play the rest of the season in the blue and whites, and if MLSHQ decides to levy a fine agian, JOsh can pick it up.

I understand why we were fined, but by that same logic, shouldn't Metrostars have been fined, too? I mean, I'm sure that BenBen had to work his tail to get those weird third stipes. Seems a bit more inconvienent than just shorts color.

14. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    KC should wear them tomorrow also!!!

No, apparently their staff is competent and filed the paperwork correctly and in good time. They may also have a GM that has read and understands the MLS procedures guide.

Can't be to harsh on CJ, the fine may have come from his paycheck. Poor guy. I'd love to replace him in a heartbeat

You can see him working. He may need a win or 3 to save his job and KC hasn't lost in blue-white-blue of any combo.

To MLS: I'm not sure what is more embarassing, the fact that there needed to be a fine per regulations or that the sum total of the fine is an untidy and miniscule for pro sports $1250. What did they do, throw some darts and add it up? Like it makes any difference in a single entity concept.

If the wrong jersey promised a win, I'm sure they could pass a collection plate through every row to get the $1250; churches do it every week and people gladly give. I'd pay an extra quarter for a guaranteed win. Wouldn't you?

15. worldsoccer-Jeff

Mar 4, 2000
    Atlanta
  16. scottinkc

scottinkc Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    My God, how hard is it to pack TWO pairs of shorts in their suitcases?!