Wiz @ Burn [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Spoon, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the biggest game of the year about to happen I hope the team comes out with there heads on straight. No repeats of the Metros game please.

2. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    (Why do I even bother asking this?)

So, is there any webcast scheduled?

3. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Doh! I originally thought this Burn game was this Sat. (Even though I knew the all-star game was this Sat., and I had seen the watch party thread and read it. I guess it's just brainfart time for me. [​IMG]).

And all night I had been thinking "There's something I'm forgetting tonight, what is it that's on TV that I'm forgetting?" But I think I also have that feeling every Wed. night ever since Temptation Island was on Wed. nights.:D

Too late to drive into KC for the game so looks like I'll sit here and try and find something on TV. I was pretty excited cause Bound is on now, but then I realized it's on cable (meaning and edited version) and who wants to watch an edited version of Bound? Kinda defeates the purpose doesn't it.

Anyways... I'm rambling, screw you all who are watching the game. Die Burn.

4. KC_KID

KC_KID New Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Kansas City, Missouri
    FFFFOOOOORRRZAAAA WIZZZARDS!!! Great win, I am sooo happy. We are looking like potential contenders for the title this year after that win. Armstrong is the MAN!

5. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No cable here.

So was 1-0 the final scoreline?

6. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep.

we played very well.

shouldve been 2-0 though.

7. KC_KID

KC_KID New Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Yes, we really dominated much the first half of the game with the best scoring opportunities. Dallas did look quite dangerous a few times though late in the second half.

8. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it should have been 2-nil. Arnuad should have scored but he went wide left. As I predicited he did more than Brown. :D
    None the less great win on the road for the Wiz. Typicall Danger Bob win. Play back and then counter. Well done!

9. kcwizklein

kcwizklein New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Kansas City
    Great game.........keep it up. We will have a very good chance at the MLS Cup

10. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    I have a reason to live! yay!

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A great win. Very solid throughout the whole team.

Igor, Quill and Armstrong looked dangerous throughout and just as I thought we were going to have to settle for a tie we got a well deserved goal. Quite a few missed chances and great team effort.

Garcia, Burns and Talley never gave them a look at the back. Awesome 3 points.

12. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We definitely should have had one in the first 15 - 20 mins... I'm still trying to figure out how Igor missed that cross from Klein early on.

Arnaud looked pretty decent in his time on the pitch. (Of course he should look good running against guys who have been playing for 60 - 70 minutes.) Made good runs off the ball & I'm sure he's kicking himself over the one v. one w/ Jordan.

Defense looked sloppy at times but was able to step up and get the job done when it counted.

Quill looks better every game... Armstrong continues to be the man. Cisco had a decent first half but disappeared a bit in the 2nd.

Hopefully we can keep up this form and not have any more lapses like the Metrostars game from last week.

13. Mikegone

Mikegone Member

Dec 20, 1999
    First win in Dallas since a shootout win on 5/20/98.

First regulation win since 8/2/97.

That's a long time. Tonight was something quite rare.

Probably won't win again in Dallas until 2007.

14. Moobythegoldncaf

Feb 27, 2001
    Carson, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the star

I know this is very unimportant, it jumped out to me that the picture of Armstrong mlsnet has up doesn't have the star above the Wizards logo on the jersey.

http://mlsnet.com/content/02/images/fp/kc0000armstrong.jpg

Oh and on a more important note, this was a great win tonight. We need to keep this momentum going. We've already proved that we can make the Quakes are bitches, and the East has been the West's wipping post all season, so we have a very valid shot in the Cup.

Peace

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Got that right. GOD WHAT A CRAPPY GAME WE PLAYED. you don't know how pi$$ed I am. We go from MLS Cup contenders to this season slump. Perfect timing for All Star break. we'll take out our anger on the Crapids in Open Cup so at least maybe we can win that again. Good game though, you guys surprised me, you looked solid.

16. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I wasn't surprised. I had noticed KC's solid form lately, and with a reinforced roster and Gansler at coach, I have been predicting KC to be a player in the postseason. You seem to be peaking at the right time, but is it too soon? Gansler has been able to get KC past injury/suspension while still playing effectively. We have not, and that was the difference in tonight's game.

17. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Great game, great win!

The "core" was at the watch party, but where are the other fans? come on people...

18. KC_KID

KC_KID New Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Well, I wanted to go tonight but I am, uhh, grounded for certain reasons, so I had to stay home and watch the game by myself. Was it just me or did Armstrong pull one of the sweetest moves to open up space and score the goal?

19. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    looked good, looked bad

Great game for the most part, another good watch party at Malloy's, small but good solid fan support.

Again, we attack down the middle the first ten minutes, get off lots of quality shots then we fizzle out and start playing the long ball up the wings with no support in the middle. Great goal by Armstrong, Arnoud(sp?) should have scored on his break away at the end and igor missed alot of great chances just wide. All in all we played a solid game. Way to go boys.

20. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Probably should have been more like 4-1. Pretty poor finishing all night by both clubs.

21. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    That 8/2 game was my first KCW roadie. Sam and I (and many others) were at that 2-1 win in Dallas. Also there were about 10 members of the Brazilian samba band that used to play at the 'Head. The match had pretty much everything. A goal from Chungy, and a late winner from the God himself. McKeon and Bowers with some rough stuff. Digi had a helper and Mo took a knock for a slight concussion. (Treated later that night back at the hotel with a pint brought to him personally by Ron Newman) Heck, even Ryan Tinsley played well that day. About 25 of us had a ton of confetti, drums, noisemakers, whistles, and even a huge clang-type bell that could not have been more annoying to the Mexis in the same endzone. I also remember Dallas tying the score and our group had to take a bit of stick from the Mexis in the end zone. It didn't last very long. Preki answered with the winner a few minutes later. All our guys came across the field to our corner to applaud us after the game.

Apparently we need to go to Dallas more often!

The best thing about the whole game was the impromptu march to the samba beat as went walked back around the Cotton Bowl to get back to the parking lot. I do miss the Brazilians.

Good times.

22. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: the star

First congratulations on your win, good for you and good for the Quakes. As far as saying that you can make the Quakes "are" bitches, maybe you should think twice. The Wiz won 2-0 against 10 men, and most definitely out played the Quakes in the last match for a 2-1 win. However you lost 3-0 and 2-1 in San Jose and the playoffs will come through San Jose this year, you still have a lot to prove and by playoff time the Quakes should be back to full strength in the back.

23. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    First off, who all was down at Molloy's last night? I was playing soccer so I couldn't go.

Secondly, bring on the 'Quakes in the playoffs... I think we'd take them in the first to 5 pts. series.

24. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    At Malloy's...

Me
    Matt
    Sam
    JT
    Mike
    Josh
    McGinty
    Kevin

A three or four others that I cant remember.

We can beat SJ, we proved that, but I doubt we make them our bitches any time soon.

25. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Re: Re: the star

First, it's always best to pay attention to the last match. Second, rewatch the tapes of the other games, especially that 3-0 win. Any kind of finishing at all and the game would have been 3-0 to KC and SJ with no chance. SJ were run-out winners, but did they deserve to be? Not necesssarily. That's football.

I'd argue that KC has been the best team over 360 minutes by something bigger than a slim margin.

BTW, if KC gets a 3, 6, or 7 seed, they would only meet in the final. I like KC's chances at a neutral site against anyone but a healthy Chicago.