Within 6 of First with a win Wednesday [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by lufty, Aug 26, 2002.

1. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    Within 6 of First with a win Wednesday

Eastern Conference

Team------- GP---- W--- L---- T ---Pts

Chicago----- 24----10---10----4----34

Columbus----24----10---10----4----34

MetroStars-- 23----10---11----2----32

New England- 24----9----14----1----28

D.C. United-- 23----6----12----5----23

With a win on Wednesday, why can't we make a push for something more then just an 8 seed?

We play C-bus, DC, and the Metrsluts, all three are very winnable games, with one more v. Dallas. If we win those three games it will give us a total of 37 points... is that enough to make it to the playoffs?

2. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think 37 should be ideal to make the playoffs, depending on how other teams do. We have a better shot of makin the playoffs then DC does. The revs knew that any more losses and they would be out, and that they know they belong in the playoffs, and they are doin something about it (Chicago game). The next few weeks are going to be exciting, hopefully. It kinda reminds me of the movie Major League. (Do we have any hot chick in personel we could use as a cardboard cutout, maybe Veronica)

3. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    The problem is this--we need to win the majority of our remaining games, something we haven't been able to do all year. There's a reason for that.

To be fair, we did play much more inspired ball the last two weeks. Who knows?

4. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Within 6 of First with a win Wednesday

Because with a win on Wednesday, we're still closer to the bottom of the East than the top, and DC's got a game in hand on us. In other words, we'd still be closer to last than we would be to first. Not to mention that beating Colorado is a big, BIG "if".

5. CTREVS

CTREVS Member

New England Revolution
    Apr 18, 2002
    Hamden
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember it's still possible for us to finnish 2nd to last in the east and make the playoffs. Kansas City are slipping fast.

6. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feldspar,

I don't think beating Colorado is such a big 'if'. It won't be a cake walk but I am leaving in a few minutes for the game and I believe I'll be watching a Revs win.

We got humiliated by Colorado in our first meeting, but consider what happened.

Sommer in goal was like an open net.
    Franchino injured and out in 5 minutes.
    Diallo was such a lazy a$$ he had to be subbed out at the end of the half.

We beat Colorado in our second meeting (at Colordado). We played a smart game with much the same line up that will be available tonight.

They beat us the third game. What an awful line up. Sommer, Downing, and Chacon. I didn't see that game but I can guess Chacon was pretty useless if he was subbed out at the half.

I think the line up tonight will be even better than the last time we beat Colorado. Griffiths instead of Kamler, Kante instead of Semedo. And they don't have Pablo.

We're going to win and then beat Columbus and take 6 points this week.

7. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

A funny thing happened on my way to the game...

I told my son that I predicted a 3-1 Revs win, Twellman would score twice, and Harris would get the 3rd.

2 out 3 ain't bad.

Next up -

Columbus is definitely winnable. We will be the first team this season to go 3 in a row.

DC is a win. 4 in a row?!

Dallas makes me nervous. Can we steal a point?

Then the MetroStars. This game will likely mean something to both of us. It's payback time.

I see 6 fairly easy points. That's 34. A point from Dallas would be 35 and then we need to beat the Metros for 38. It could happen.

It won't land us the #2 seed but wouldn't #7 be cool.

8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Take a breath!

9. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually, we are only 6 points out of 1st place, thats two wins (Columbus and DC) with a combination of 2 Chicago losses (KC and LA) and we are in first, well tied, depending on what NY does too, but they play LA this week. Another miracle in foxboro?

10. NewRevsFan

NewRevsFan New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    I personally would rather see KC continue their losing ways. I think that's a much easier way into the playoffs.

11. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    Its really too bad that we could not of taken one of the Chicago home games. It would of also been nice had Columbus not scored in the third overtime of a game earlier this year vs. us. Had we been able to win one from chicago and tie Columbus we would be in first place in the East.