Wish in one hand...

Discussion in 'France' started by urtel, Nov 16, 2003.

1. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Bordeaux has a new owner, you! The winter transfer window is about to open and you need to make up for the poor start.

Who do you look at?

What kind of soccer would you play to insure a place in Europe?

Remember, make wise transfers. You aren't a Roman Abramovich!

2. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    First things first, goalkeeping. At Bordeaux, it isn't bad. It's not great either. Olie Kahn said Barthez should try to play first team football. I agree with Olie. Barthez only has a few options in France, being OM, PSG and/or Monaco. I think with some good persuasion, les Girondins could lure him. He's hungry and needs to prove himself.
    Verdict: 6 month loan

Attack: Who doesn't need it? Sylvain Wiltord is going to Monaco, why not lure Dugarry back to Bordeaux. And wouldn't Zidane want to finish his career where he started? How about Lizarazu? A homecoming for all.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Barthez is probably going to Marseille. Don't think Bordeaux have a shot there. I dont see Dugarry going back to France. I criticzed him for leaving to go to Birmingham but now that Bordeaux have sunk pretty low it seemed like a good idea. How do you know Wiltord is going to Monaco? Zidane I heard the only French club he'd play for is OM. Lizarazu maybe your best shot but I don't see what the big deal is trying to get former Bordeaux players to come back I think you need some good younger players.
    By the way how rich is this new owner ? How much is he willing to spend ? Does he want Bordeaux to be one of the top clubs in France like they should be and used to be