Winter transfer window

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Dec 15, 2005.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct about Chivu and Romania.

2. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great quote from Liverpool's Rafa Benitez in today's SoccerAmericaDaily. I hope Laporta reads it...

Amen.

3. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I have nothing to add. All media should read that. But what would they write if they would respect this?! End of fun.. :D

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, I knew it, the real World imitates Football Manager :D

5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i think syvinho has been putting in some superb performances. he's been one of our best players, and his understanding with ronaldinho down the left is really terrific. i would rather see a right-back signed, because with gio and silvinho, we're stronger on the left than with oleguer and belletti on the right. maybe if we sign a top CB then puyol can move back to his old position on the right.

anyway, any moves should wait till the summer. there's not need to make any changes right now.

6. BARCA_VIX

BARCA_VIX New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    L.A California.
    True, the left side has been okay especially with the way Silvinho has been playing, to me our best left full back this season. We need strengthening on the right and also may be in central defence to provide depth.

7. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Hm, this wont happen until summer but a scenario is here.

Gabri is out of contract this summer and it is believed that Barca wont give him an extension. So we will need a replacement. Saviola will have one more year on his contract and I guess we wont loan him again but instead rather sell him. He is more than willing to stay in Sevilla and Sevilla would like to buy him, no question. So, Barca will use Saviola in operation to swap Daniel Alves from Sevilla. Alves will end up in Barca as a replacement for Gabri and Damia and will be competition for Belletti in right back. We will gain a great players for virtualy no money ;)

8. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a great scenario. I'd like for us to make a hard cash offer for Patrice Evra. I think he is the best left-back still at a relatively small club (My apologies to Monaco supporters), unless Giuly and Evra did not get along I can't see him not wanting to come.

So far I have been pretty good with player predicitions (I thought Deco would be good, I thought Giuly would be nice, I wanted the Davids loan, I wanted us to get Van Bommel, so I am placing my interests behind Kompany, Evra, and probably Dani Alves)

9. Snauhi

Snauhi New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i hope that we can get Kompany, but its many big clubs after him.

10. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while true that many big clubs want him...the BEST club wants him and I would think that he would want to join us versus the white plague or red menace, or the blue ballskeas

Playing for FCB has to look pretty attractive to a young player at this stage in his career.

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If all teams offered him the same exact deal, I think Milan, Juve, and Barca have the best shot at signing Kompany.

12. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Dont forget Chelsea! He has sort of agreement with them. Only if someone offers more (which is unlikly) he might change his mind.

Kompany is very mature player for his age but he lacks some expiriences in highest level. Everytime I see him playing in Champions league he doesnt show the needed quality. Why is so I dont know, perhaps the whole team is a problem. He still need atleast two seasons to develop before joining top club.

13. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Getting Nihat for 2 mill would be a great deal.Hes better than giuly and ezquerro and larsson is old

14. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    How cool would it be to have Ricard Quaresma now? Why did we have to trade him? Pss the guy showed promise and is really skillful.Loan him out but dont trade him.Good move :rolleyes:

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still own a % of him, so if he is sold (hopefully for a large sum of money) we get a good chunck of it.

Is he doing well? Last I heard, which was last year, he was doing poorly and fighting with his manager at Porto.

16. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    New manager and he seems to have matured in the past year. If you look at the Porto forum he's definatly a fan favorite now instead of a 'player who shows promise'.

17. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Quaresma is doing well, i even see him going to the world cup.

18. Football Expert

Dec 31, 2004
    west indies
    We have quality defenders......Marquez, Puyol, Bellitti, plus barca tends to develop their own defenders as a means of saving money in the long run

19. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    http://www.sport.es/ According to a british newspaper Dinho has said that Lampard and Henry will play with us next season.

20. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah right its probably just the billiointh time where the press was like "Ronaldinho, do you like Henry and Lampard and would you ever play with them" and Ronnie was like "Yeah of course they're fantastic players and I would love to see them on Barca someday".

Im really getting sick of these rumors.

21. Snauhi

Snauhi New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  22. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
  23. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Financially i also thought we are doing well. We need to however save some of the money and also keep investing in the youth scheme. I would welcome at least a world class sweeper/stopper in the winter transfers. Great that Van Bommel`s return is on schedule as we will need him.

The right full back is another problem area however i doubt we will go out to sign some one for that area as Belletti, Ole and even Gabri can all fill that position. Left wing same but i need at least a central defender.

Also on the issue of the shirt sponsorship, i can see us getting a very lucrative deal on whatever company ends up sponsoring us judging by how we are performing.

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    what would happen with marquez then? don't you think it would be a little unfair for him to sign a world class stopper? do you think we need a new partner for puyol, or just someone to cover for marquez and puyol. personally, i have become a big fan of the marquez-puyol partnership, and then oleguer and edmilson are both good back-ups. if we signed a CB who's better than marquez, then that would basically amount to asking him to leave becase it would be pointless to waste that non-EU spot on someone who isn't an undisputed first-choice. it seems to me that the CB situation is similar to the whole question of whether or not to sign henry, if he comes then the squad is certainly stronger, but then that leaves messi in a difficult situation, which overall might be worse for the team.

i think signing a right-back is much easier to justify. because belletti has been a bit of a disapointment (great runner, just doesn't manage to deliver the final ball), oleguer doesn't contribute much going forward, and gabri hasn't played at RB much (which would seem to suggest that FR doesn't have complete faith in him, besides i have a feeling he might well be leaving next summer).

25. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona