Winter is coming.....the transfer thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Oct 19, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Marco Reus will be entering contract discussions soon with the club. I really want to keep him and see how his chemistry with Gotze and whoever plays striker next year pans out. The problem is of course whether he will play at all.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I am the least confident about a Dortmund squad, I have been for a long, long while. I wonder if it is worth it to let Auba and Reus go this summer and try and rebuild in the future.

As things stand Dortmund are not even in the top 8 teams in Europe. Ignoring Bosz there has to be serious question marks about the goalkeeper, the right back, a centre back and the the replacement of Reus (who is injured most of time).

3. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    NEW 'keeper!!!! Please.

4. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    if reus is up for a pay cut then keep him, otherwise not sure if its smart to keep a player with 8+ mil a year solary when hes missing 70% of every season

we need a new gk, burki doing ok but he fades away in big games, he needs some healthy competition, always was a fan og horn but havent seen him much this season so dunno if hes a good option for us

5. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think keeping Reus is very risky, especially if you can get something for him. Without doubt he is a class player when fit, but how can you pay him what his talent demands when it mostly means tying up your medical staff and not having him 3/4 of the time?

I really enjoy this part of your club. They get more right than wrong, and Sven Mislintat may be the most valuable person in the whole organization. Dude is genius. I liked TT, but between him and TT, I take Sven every single time.

I know BVB is a team with ambition, and the supporters want to kick on to the next level. To do that you can't lose all of your top talent but losing a glass cannon might not be the worst thing ever.

6. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now that we secured the second goalie position I think it's time to look for a real good one for the starting one...

7. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weidenfeller is retiring. Who is a good replacement? Horn, Leno and Trapp are very similar and not much of an upgrade to Buerki.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It will probably have to wait to the summer, but we would probably need:
    Rudiger/Christenson/Zouma
    Leno
    Brandt

Sadly I don't think any of those can be done this January. We aren't going to be in the CL so we might as well trim the squad. I would like to see a few players let go.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shit players playing are more damaging than shit players sitting. I'd get rid of Sahin, Castro, Subotic, Park, Rode, Schürrle and Toprak. They aren't BVB quality. I don't consider them depth either. Together we could recoup about 60M and another 40M per year in wages. Enough to secure a world class CB.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I would agree with that list in general, but Toprak is impossible to sell so soon. Schurrle would be a decent back up striker to keep, but he is never fit and I agree should go.

11. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I wonder if we could make a move to bring back Dembele. Well, not now in the winter, but in the summer. Barca have signed Coutinho and if the rumors are correct they are very close to securing Griezmann come season's end. If it ends up like this then I can't see Dembele getting many minutes next season with such competition. However, I also can't see Barca giving up on a 100+ million transfer that easy. Still, monitoring the whole situation there isn't devoid of reason and if there is a chance we can get Dembele back then we ought to take it.

12. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You can't be serious. Meanwhile Watzke is haggling over a few million for Akanji. Barcelona will not sell him and especially not at a cut price to us after we robbed them. His wages are too high. He has burned all his bridges here. Dembele replaces Neymar and Coutinho replaces Iniesta so there is no clash. Griezmann would take Suarez's place, his form has been dipping for a long time now.

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If their offence can improve with Diego Costa, griezmann would be stupid to leave, and that too a direct rival and play in Lio's shadow.

14. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    #15 adriandragonus, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    WTF! according to Blick and kicker,manuel akanji is close to sign for BVB. fee 20 Mio + Bonus. still think BVB don't need him,though.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Manuel Akanji passed the medical. Today final contract details will be finalised.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  17. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Happy to have Akanji here, but that makes Subotic is absolutely done with the club.

Looking at this club right now, we still have a very unbalanced group with a lot of dead weight.

MtnGardener repped this.
  18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bild says Bartra is on the chopping block along with Subotic now that Akanji had joined the club. If this is true it's a bold move by the club. He maybe a fan favourite but he's extremely average. We can also get that investment of €8M back.

kbvb repped this.
  19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They also say that Bartra's potential departure is driven by trauma from the bus attack and a desire to move back to Spain, rather than any discontentment with the club or his performance.

20. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would much rather keep Bartra and lose Toprak. Very poor decision if this is true.....

With that said, if this is a request from him personally I completely understand.

21. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Although I've grown fond of Bartra the best thing about selling him would be no more Spaniards at the club, which is great.

22. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Much of the English media are reporting that PEA has agreed personal terms with Arsenal. With the latter selling Walcott and very close to offloading Sanchez I believe that the reported 60M transfer could be true. It would be bad timing for us, however..

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now Bild+ is reporting that we are looking at a Chelsea star as a replacement. Of course it isn't Morata so I suppose it is Batshyyyiiiuuuiiiyyyy or whatever his name is. That would be suicide. But it might also be that we are looking at swapping PEA with Giroud.

I guess PEA just wants more money. And its not like Arsenal will give him that much more.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina