Winning together: the story of the Arsenal brand

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by RealMadGunner, Aug 29, 2006.

1. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well this is one nice interesting article i found.
    Winning together: the story of the Arsenal brand
    Thoughts ??
    "...It's an intelligent look at the game today and how Arsenal are 'playing' off the field. It reveals that in fact Arsenal supporters have much to be proud of..."

2. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Great interview by Rick. Anyone read the book? I might have to pick it up..I love the commercial side of the business.

3. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant interview. Kudos to Rick for asking great questions that incorporate US fans as the 'foreigners.'

4. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    I've read it and can recommend it!

5. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just ordered a copy of the book through Amazon US. The shipping is less than the UK sellers and it will most likely arrive more quickly to those of us Stateside.

Check it out at Amazon.

6. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra

Crap. I just ordered it from the UK. :(

7. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    I might have to buy it...Again!!

8. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

You know, you do have the option of cancelling orders from amazon if you do it relatively soon after placing the order.

9. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great article, though I have to disagree with the whole branding bit. I am not impressed with advertising on shirts, and to credit Emirates as a great brand sponsor, when just last year they branded Chelsea, plus still branding refs, is way off. I have last year's commemorative jersey, but I'm sticking to Toffs for my Arsenal jerseys from now on.

10. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great interview, they had a lot of interesting things to say. Well done!

11. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Your sentiment is illogical. This shiny new stadium that we've only played 2 matches in costs a pretty penny. We didn't see O2 or any other corporation pony up enough sponsorship dollars to help fund the stadium and our on-field efforts. Emirates has given us a long-term, viable sponsor whose values aren't in conflict with the club's (unlike Spuds, who embrace a gambling web site sponsor).

Emirates ended their Chel$ki sponsorship in 04-05, not long after the Arsenal sponsorship was announced (Siemens Mobile took over). They've been a gracious sponsor so far and are opening a lot of doors for the club and supporters.

You don't have to buy a jersey, but be sensible about the purpose for shirt sponsorship and how much it benefits the club.