Windows 7

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Motterman, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Boundzy

Boundzy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 1, 2003
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I installed W7 yesterday on my laptop, which was running Vista64. My initial impressions of W7 are positive, though I never had any problems with Vista.

2. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Either that, or Nokia had a really, really, really bad quarter and wants to create a different news story for its shareholders to read other than its really, really, really bad quarter. The amount Nokia is suing for is, as percentage of total revenue, chump change.

Plus, to put it indelicately, all these tech companies are patent trolls - Apple and Palm threatened to sue each other over patents each claimed the other was violating, and settled by saying "I won't sue if you won't sue." I can't imagine it's all that different for Nokia.

3. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Got the student priced W7 and running it on my netbook. Sweet!

4. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8C7lB7zq6I"]YouTube- Windows 7 "HostingYourParty" Gets a BSOD[/ame]

5. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised somebody got a BSoD. Not quite as embarassing as Bill Gates suffering a BSoD during the Windows 98 demo. :D

6. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been running Windows 7 Ultimate for a couple months now with only one major problem. For whatever reason, iTunes can't sync with my iPhone. The message I always get is that I need to uninstall my current version and install the 64-bit version of iTunes. Despite doing that, the problem persists.

I've read up on some solutions which include updating the BIOS for a specific Intel chip (p55 I think) but I don't think I have it. Is anyone else familiar with this issue and/or have any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

7. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't see any much difference. but, apple makes sense. :p

8. THE HUN

THE HUN New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Had the same with Windows 7 and Ipod touch. Crashed completely. Tota reset 5 times (Ipod). Then somebody told me its a DRM issue. Ipods can only be connected and synchronized on one and the same machine. Step 1:download free Ipod/Iphone repair tool. 2) make fullreset (data are saved). 3.Take computer with freshly installed Operating system not being DRM infected 4. Make Fresh installation of Itunes. It worked. Nevertheless I hate Apple. I only wanted to charge the Itunes at my 2nd Computers USB port. Without asking the shit tried to connect to "Itunes store" and crashed. "Customer service": Apple never has heard of. Theywaste too muchtime on DRM insrtead ofmaking working devices. All they can do: design a regular desktop computer for girls.

9. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i bought a new laptop earlier this year and obviously, it came with Windows 7 installed. It came with Home Premium and i made the upgrade to the Ultimate version

Having used Vista for the previous 3 years, i got somewhat used to the 7 UI and it seems more smoother and less prone to crashes and whatnot

Even with syncs with my 1st gen iPod Touch is painless and without incident from the first moment onward

One gripe i have about Windows 7 is that all the major manufacturers have opted to install the 64bit version and there are some programmes that will not want to work (since it is 32bit). However, most of the programmes i regularly use have all installed successfully and are working just fine

The other gripe i have is that Starcraft 1 won't display itself correctly. i'm assuming that it's more of a graphical problem (as the game loads up fine), but i can't seem to fix the resolution. Unfortunately, my laptop has them integrated Intel graphics, so it's more than likely that i can't do anything about it

Ah well... besides that, i have no complaints about Windows 7