Will you watch the game if it happens?

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Aug 28, 2020.

?

If RSL decides to play Saturday in Portland, do you watch?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. Yes, I watch

66.7%
  2. No, I don't watch

33.3%
  1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real simple - if the players decide to play on Saturday, with everything else going on, do you tune in?

2. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I probably will.

I will also be sending an email to cancel season tickets.

RSLTID

BalanceUT repped this.
  3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not supporting the players as a way to not support the owner isn't my preference. So, yes.

BalanceUT and JLaw repped this.
  4. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never watched RSL because I felt some perceived connection to the owner's values so the DLH debacle doesn't change my viewing habits here. I'm a simple man, I like watching the beautiful game and rooting for my home team. There's something to be said about giving money to DLH by purchasing seats so I can confidently say I won't be attending any more games this season (if any). Next season is far away, and I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

DrownedElf, Ismitje and Allez RSL repped this.
  5. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll watch. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out on the field. Before this whole debacle, I thought we had a good shot at beating the Timbers, but if I'm a player on this team, maybe the wind has gone out of my sails.

BalanceUT and goobx1 repped this.
  6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being of weak mind, you all have convinced me to change it.

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say I'm impressed with the players. They had a chance to not play. To say they wouldn't play as long as DLH is owner. But they also had the chance to spite him. To play some really fun, attractive soccer as his ass has to leave. Further, I have to believe the players were in on the news of DLH selling and were willing to play given that news.

I've only watched highlights, but you can feel the energy through those short clips. Your guys comments confirmed it. This team has something now that you simply cannot manufacture as a coach. Coaches work and work and work to unify a team, but a moment like this one really forces those kind of things.

I'm not going to predict we suddenly become a juggernaut and run the table. But I would be foolish to think this team is not going to be a hell of a beast to play against now. Should be fun.

DrownedElf, BalanceUT and goobx1 repped this.