Will we keep Green, Parker and Cole?

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by lesliemoss, Jul 26, 2011.

1. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    There are still several weeks to go till the end of the transfer period, but it's surprising that so far, none of the 3 top Hammers have been snapped up.
    WBA offered peanuts for Green and then signed Foster; Cole turned down Stoke who wouldn't pay him enough, apparently, and according to Alladyce, no-one has bid anything for Scott Parker!
    It seems strange that with so many deals being made, no team really wants any of these 3, who still have a lot to offer.
    I hope they all stay, but I'll be very surprised if they do.

2. Lasse

Lasse Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Espoo
    Me too. Does anybody btw know if they have relegate clauses - halving the wages - on their contracts?

3. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Dont know about the wages. But i think im most surprised that Green is still here. He isnt the best at coming off his line but he is an excellent shot blocker, i thought surely he would be gone. Cole is just awful in the box and i believe he's a striker, right? Parker, mouth is shut.

4. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Can we actually afford to keep them? I'd love to see them stay

5. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Robert Green doesn't make that much money anyway. I think he makes 25k pounds a week. That is top tier money for Fizzy Pop players. That is what he was making last year in the EPL. Green really has no reason to leave Upton Park since his days for England are over.

6. TomHammers93

TomHammers93 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They might stay for a season at least, like James, Carrick etc did last time we went down. But someone will probably pick them up. But as of yet no one wants to splash out. I'd love them to stay for at least one season, or even half, to help us bounce back.

7. norwaytips

norwaytips Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We have lost 16 players since last season and a lot of them were on high wages. We can afford to keep them until January and then, if we were sitting on top, I doubt that they'd want to go.

8. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    QPR going after Parker with Fernandes backing.