Will the Sun shine again?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Frankfurt Blue, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/article.asp?article=250692&Title=Boss+looks+to+Sun's+future

Kevin Keegan will start talks with Jihai Sun's agent with a view to extending the player's contract.
    The final decision on the future of the twenty seven year old will rest with the board of Manchester City and depend on his fitness.
    The utility player's season came to an end when he injured his cruciate and medial ligaments in the win over Chelsea in mid October.
    His current contract runs out this summer with Kevin Keegan planning to meet the player's agent in the coming weeks to open discussions.
    "I will talk with Jihai and his agent next week with a view to putting something together to put to the board that would give him another two or three years," explained Kevin Keegan.

Useful player, and good going forward. Let's see.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yes the Sun will shine again. Have faith in my Chinese brotha. When SWP and Anelka and Thatcher, Sun Jihai will be the difference between relegation or remaining in the premiership.

The Sun will forever shine.........

3. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Now that Keegan is gone, is Sun's future a bit murkier than before?

4. russkygb

russkygb New Member

Mar 4, 2005
    manchester
    i hope he gets a new contract....i love his commitment to the cause :)

5. Najinsky

Najinsky New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Alexander Park !
    A real footballer plays with passion and commitment,will run for more than thirty yards without crying,look at his face after the spurs FA cup classic then look at Anelka's,thats what it's all about, lose players like that and rely on the mercenaries and your'e f####d .

6. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Anelka? A wonderful way of wasting club money. Thanks KK.

Give me the days of Goater, Dickov and Andy Morrison. Players with real heart. Even though I may not really rate Sun that greatly, at least he pulls his weight for the team, which is better than some other "players" I don't think need to be named.

7. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    So Manchester City fans love my Chinese brother? This is great.

Thanks guys. I know Sun is very happy in Manchester city. Next year, we aim to get into the UEFA cup through FA cup. This time, no more losing to Oldham.

8. Najinsky

Najinsky New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Alexander Park !
    lets go for a champions league place, look at Everton aim for the Sun (jihai) We can beat the so-called elite teams, we just have to nail the ******** ones :)

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    well, one step at a time. Interestingly, we are not that far away from Uefa qualifications. We're like 10 points away from 5th and 6th? If the 3rd and 4th place team get into the Champion's league, we wouldn't be that far away from Uefa competitions.

Considering we lose to stupid teams like West Brom, Southampton, we really should make it to the Uefa competitions.

Next year, Sun Jihai baby, Sun Jihai

10. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    Haha I hope not. That day was stupidly crap from start to finish. From the Bus we got on that decided to go through every borough between Picadilly and Oldham, to the weather, to the overcrowding on our row, and the loss. Oh, and the fans singing on Yorkshire Street at 2am about doing the City. :(

11. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Sadly, Oldham loses the next round. Proving the fact that they beat Manchester City by fluke, and it was a shameful defeat for city. If Oldham won a couple more rounds, it would have been different.

Can someone give me a history on Oldham? Have they ever been in the Premiership?