Will Liverpool get through Champion's League Qualifying?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Cassano, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    i know its a cliche but theres always a first time for everything and they had a rough season in the prem so what they are the european champs and they are still a very good team

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't you know that Liverpool has the most famous team hymn- You'll never walk alone?

3. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    actually no i didnt know that i dont really follow liverpool in fact with the exception of gerrard, alonso baros and cisse im embarresed to say i couldnt name any players on liverpool (before their champions league campaign)

4. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    mainly because i only got to see serie a or man u games because the only channels that play soccer here are TLN and rogers sportsnet a.k.a the man u games played at 3 in the morning channel.

5. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Doesn't really matter. The CL and the Premiership are two different competitions in case you didn't realise. In the main, you play different teams in one than you do in the other LOL!

Villa finished 11th in 1982 and Bayern Munchen also finished in about 11th or 12th place one of the seasons they won the European Cup in the mid 1970s. They both didn't have to qualify in preliminary rounds the following season. My point is, a defending CL/European Cup winning team's position in their own domestic league has never interfered with their right to defend their trophy and get a bye past the preliminary round before.

Speaking of points difference, you really think Man Utd's 20 point gap behind Chelsea last year (as well as their constant pathetic failures year after year to progress in the CL as soon as the KO stage begins) gives you any kind of right to criticize other clubs who actually achieved MORE than your lot did last year?? :rolleyes:

6. DoodleBob

DoodleBob New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Milton Keynes
    They Have They Have Won The Champions League In Your Face AC Milan! :D

7. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    and gerrard will stay with liverpool

8. XIIGermanIIX

XIIGermanIIX New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    TEXAS
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They'll barely make but then wont make it out of the group stage

9. docliver

docliver New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Don't underestimate the Pool as they did last season and guess what ?we won it didn't we. And from 3 nil down . I think Liverpool will get to the group stages and do fairly well we will just have to wait and see how this season progresses. With morientes looking fitter i think we can actually score more goals

10. docliver

docliver New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Liverpool by the way didn't change the rules it was uefa so enough of that. I think i can say that the whole of England were proud of Liverpool that night in Istanbul. Now is a new season but come on i don't think Benitez will make the same mistakes again as he did against Burnley by putting in half of the reserve team. He has a point to make. No disrespect to TNS but Liverpool are going to score quite a few goals and i think Gerrard will be one of the scorers.
    Iam tired of people slagging off Liverpool they deserve respect there the champions of Europe .

11. KopThat!

KopThat! Red Card

Aug 16, 2004
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Just jealousy mate. They jealous that Liverpool won in what will now be the most memorable EC/CL final of all time and they are jealous at the way the Liverpool fans took over that stadium and got their team back into the game. They know that none of their clubs or their fans will ever repeat that. Sour grapes and a huge touch of envy. I was full of envy at the way Mn Utd won in 1999 but now we have surpased that and so did our fans. :D

12. docliver

docliver New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    I agree with you mate not just because im a liverpool fan but that was the most fantastic final i have ever watched in me life. Talk about going from nervous to distraught and then to jubilation in one sitting. Lets hope the pool give us lots to shout about this season. The squads looking better but i do hope we don't get figo because i don't think he has passion anymore especially not for the badge of the liverbird. Tons of players better than that old washed up bugger.
    Cheers to a pool fan

13. docliver

docliver New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Well we made it past game 1 so thats alot off our backs. I think gerrard needed a good game and a goal and he hits three. Brilliant. Keep it up the pool

14. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    liverpool really has a good advantage now that the shut out TNS because just imgine how confident TNS would be if they had kept the game close at anfield and then they would return home knowing that ther best result ever in a champions league matchup came against the defending champs of europe but they didnt so its almost a for sure thing that liverpool will advance which is good because i would like to see them get a chance to defend their title this year

15. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nobody gave them a chance after Owen left prior to last season. People shouldn't make same mistake twice. I want to see them defend the title. One of the best CL finals ever, in spite of the result. Great football club.

16. cockney

cockney New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Trance Nation
    Definitely, they have everything they need to qualify. this year only one team, to my opinion, has the chance of stopping Pool from it... and you know who I'm talking 'bout - it's Everton

17. cockney

cockney New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Trance Nation
    are you for Milano or Roma, amico? ;) lol

18. cockney

cockney New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Trance Nation
    I don't think the latest final surpassed the Barcelona final in any way, which still remains (and always will be) The Final. that's true, however, if you don't judge by amount of the goals scored or the gap to have been closed... :rolleyes:

but what it really did - it revived sweet memories of England's supremacy and domination.