will Leeds ever be back in Prem

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by brooklynredd, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Dunno. Could be, I guess. For you.

2. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Maybe they like fcum..Quote from youtube.

haddocklufc1992 (2 days ago) marked as spam
    From a Leeds fan who obviously depsises everything that comes out of Manchester, i have to say thats top class. Makes me want to get a FC United Of Leeds going becuase we have lost a good 10,000 - £15,000 because of bates pricing us out!! £36 for League 1 next year!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05fno4frbF8

3. To all the Leeds United fans who are feeling an indescribable pain right now....hang in there. All S.S.C. Napoli fans feel your pain as the same thing happened to us at the end of the 2003/04 season. We were bankrupt and dropped to Serie C1 (third division). We lost our name and were changed to Napoli Soccer. Today, we are 1 win from Serie A. Its a long, painful road, but never give up hope. No matter how down things seem now, one day, it will be right again. I am the newest Leeds United fan pulling for them to make it back to the Premiership.

4. elbecko

elbecko New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    queensland
    i really hope they do get back in to the premiership.

they are one of the few 'great' teams of england, a genuine big club.

5. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Yes but Captain Birdseye, Mr Ridsdale et al have totally utterly completely, royally f*cked our club up. It will be some time yet.

6. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Bit harsh on Captain Birdseye that - I mean, the content of his fishfingers are nowhere near as dubious as Bates' dealings :D

£36 in league one, surely even an idiot like Bates can see thats going to have an impact on the numbers? That's absurd!

7. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    When he put prices up he explained in his program notes that we may lose 4or5,000, but our average attendance dropped from 38,000 down to 26,000, then last season it was 19,000, but as prices have been lowered for next season we have sold 10,000 season tickets and hopefully a couple of the non-loyal fans come back. Should level out now, as much as we hate Bates and Wise, we still support the team, despite having wankbubbles like Kandol and Constantine in it.

"Tresor Kandol doesn't score goals. But if he did, they'd probably be the best goals in the world"

8. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ummm its hard to say but... Leeds have only 12 players at the moment and well... they havent even been payed this month. If the players try there hardest fot the sake of the club, than I think it will be possible. And as for Nottingham Forrest, no its not possible.

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Err ... so a team with 12 unpaid players (two of whom are, apparently, 'wankbubbles') may make it to the Premiership if they try hard, but Nottingham Forest won't?

I'm intrigued to learn more of this radical theory.

10. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Well Leeds do still have a strong squad and are allowed to buy up to a squad of 20, besides offering contracts to free agents, so the squad will probably be:

Casper Ankergren - signing from Brondby-
    Jonny Lund- been touted as a future England keeper though is only 17.

D's

Frazer Richardson
    Rui Marques - out of contract but turned down two Bundesliga clubs to stay
    Matt Heath - out of contract
    Rob Bayly
    Ben Parker
    Eddie Lewis

M
    Jonathan Douglas
    Alan Thompson
    David Prutton - free agent
    Seb Carole
    Jonny Howson
    Curtis Weston
    Fabian Delph
    Gylfi Einarsson
    Shaun Derry

S
    Jermaine Beckford
    Richard Cresswell
    Tresor Kandol
    Tom Elliott
    Leon Constantine - trialist

We just need permission from the league to sign three more players, but only Ankergren will need a fee, so we can offer as many contracts as we like. I don't know about promotion, but its a strong squad in League One, so Id expect at least mid-table.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Looks like a good call at this point.

12. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Without the points deduction, Leeds would be 9 points clear at the top of the table.

13. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    *Leedsunited* have you decided if you will read Ridsdale's book or will it be better burned?? It does look interesting though.

14. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Read it, full of crap. There are so many inconsistencies, and although he mentions the word sorry, it isn't sorry for running the club in the style of a Fooball Manager novice, its sorry I trusted O'Leary/Martin O'Neill (apparently signed a pre-contract conditional upon Liesdale remaining chairman, the latter part of that is total rubbish)/Verry Teribles and the rest of the board. Its a joke. He just can't admit that he can't run a business. Almost everything he says there is a 'what actually happened' explanation needed.

He doesn't explain the 'Seth Johnson' episode, recounted by his agent, that he and Seth went to meet Peter Ridsdale in his office at Elland Road, Peter Ridsdale said "I'll have to make this quick as I have another meeting, we can offer you £30,000 a week plus bonuses" The agent, shocked at the massive offer, blew air between his teeth, which Ridsdale took to mean that the offer wasn't good enough. "Alright £40,000 a week"

He's an habitual liar, who can't admit he was drastically wrong, and I can't stand him. Mind you, look at him now, signing ageing, slow strikers on enormous contracts, new stadium announcements, threatening the existence of the club if creditors expect to be paid etc. How history repeats itself.

15. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Martin Samuel has a relatively straightforward take on the matter in today's Times. Ridsdale can't make anything square up, it's apparently just a total load of cobblers.

16. catrachodanes

catrachodanes New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Sorry to "steal" the thread for a second, but I have a question which I cant get any answer to: Where/how do I buy shares in Leeds Utd?
    TY

17. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    See answer in other thread.

18. catrachodanes

catrachodanes New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TY
    But please put a link then....?
    Thanks

19. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You can't buy shares, it's no longer a listed company, is the short answer.

20. steed

steed New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Thailand
    & what do you base your information on. ???????

Our crowds are slighly less than Leeds (but always have been) we get more than many in the championship. Our backer is one of the richest in the country. Not a bad combination for a start.