Will He Stay, Will He Go .. Where He Ends I Do Not Know - The Tranfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, May 18, 2008.

1. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gomez is worth more then that IMO. He is like Ibra, just better.

2. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You asked who he wanted, not who he thought was feasible.

3. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  4. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, time to make it happen City. Will they or won't they go after Tevez?

5. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Rumor has it Liverpool is in the driver's seat for Tevez since hes good buddies with Mascherano. Ether City or Liverpool is a good way to stick it to Manure :)

Gomez is probably less likely to leave Stuggart since they are still in the hunt for the CL. Also it has been rumored for years now that Bayern has him in their sights.

I think the Ronaldinho rumors are back in full swing, it is tempting since we all know hes got the skill. Him and Ireland together as the creative force? Could be good but he is also a party animal and could be a pain in the behind. To be fair to him, he plays with a smile and seems to try to enjoy every minute out there, i find that to be fairly rare amongst the modern footballers.

In reality I think Hughes will sign some solid players without big name tags, I hope he has some players in his sights who are hungry for success and not only money.

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Something is not right. Look at Fullham and Aston Villa. These teams are not overspending and achieving great successes. Before we go out and throw our wallets at players, let's re-evaluate our strategy here. What's Fullham and Aston Villa doing that we're not?

7. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They have experienced tacticians in charge who know how to forge hard-working sides. However, I expect Fulham to do a Pompey and finish in the bottom half next season, many clubs push up, only to flounder.

The thing with City is, being a hard-working unit comprised of hard-working gritty players is probably not our ambition. We want to be a sparkling, glittery global brand full of superstars and characters.

8. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Your right. Who you think is feasible then?

9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I know Villa had a bit of luck most of the season, they had the smallest squad and only used something like 22 players all year. Once the fatigue and injuries kicked in they dipped severely in form. Remember they were 7-9 points up on Arsenal at one point and then Arsenal not only caught up but put distance between the two.

I think Fulham had a great home season this year, it helped them in the standings a great deal. Also I think they had a consistent squad this season too, most players played pretty hard and didnt suffer major dips in form (...I think)

10. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    have you guys heard any of this in England?

11. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
  12. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Diego was already @ Juve next season. City should have just signed Grafite + Dzedko or whatever his name is from Wolfsburg and maybe their manager Felix McGath. :D

13. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If there was a time for City to raid Valencia, this is it. They want their whole team to cost them 70 million euros a year and they want to cut their squad from almost 40 to 22. I'm sure City could get Villa for 30 million and Silva for 20.

14. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. MLSn00b

MLSn00b Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seriously doubt Hughes will be using anywhere near 50% of that, but hey, who knows. Its going to be tough to sell the team to a player with no European football next season, no matter how much money he's given.

16. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    250 million :eek:

17. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I agree, it's all rumors. At the end of the day, any player who places a strong emphasis on playing in Europa or UEFA Champion's League won't want to come to City. Players who are just after money will come to City, but do we want these kind of players who only has passion for money and none for winning?

I think if managers play their cards right, we should look for players who are hungry for winning but are currently playing for a mediocre team. Once we clinch a European spot or two, consider world class players that these rumors are talking about.

We just need a solid season. We were only 3 points out of it this year. With another season gone, I have to give the benefit of the doubt that our current squad is more experienced and will player better next year. A Europa spot is not out of the question next season.

19. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumor has it Tevez is in the picture now... I can actually see this one happening.... he's for sale - Robinho + Tevez linking up and Carlos won't need to move again. Also, Tevez showed at West Ham that he play that big fish role and this would most definitely be a step up.

20. Golasso

Golasso New Member

May 6, 2003
    Somewhere in Texas
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does our attack look like with Tevez? If it is 4-5-1/ 4-4-1-1/ 4-1-4-1, then both Petrov and Elano are going to be on the bench I would think:

De Jong or Kompany

SWP Ireland Robinho

Tevez

Caicedo / RSC / Some other Big Striker

If MH goes 4-4-2, then....

De Jong or Kompany

SWP Ireland Petrov (or Robinho if we somehow got Eto'o)

Tevez Robinho (Eto'o)

Pretty small midfield again... I guess I could see a 4-3-3, but our defense is pretty shaky to not play with a holding midfielder. Plus our midgets would get bossed around again....

SWP Ireland Petrov

Tevez Caidedo/RSC/ Eto'o? Robinho

So, in my opinion, Tevez in = Elano out as Elano is not going to be content coming off the bench 2 out of 3 games, which I think would happen if we go the fast buildup / counterattcking route. Tevez seems to be very incompatible with a slow build up attack -- he seems like the ultimate counter attacking player -- he and SWP bearing down on defenses would be great. Elano is not really suited to that style in my opinion. We still need a ball winner -- I really like Huddlestone at Spurs (of course he always plays well against City - who doesn't). I also would love to have Toulalan from Lyon. Given what we have, a five man midfield is probably the way to go because of our small players (Rob/ SWP/ Superman).

21. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Perfect Team IMO.

- Aguero-
    - Robinho - Tevez
    - Ireland -