Will Boca Win this season???

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by jonnykillz89, Jan 6, 2007.

1. jonnykillz89

jonnykillz89 New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    New York
    Russo bought sum players but will it be enough??
    i wanted a faster more intelligent foward on the team other than maironi but we will see how this goes... u know wat zarate will be a good foward for boca!
    i also hear marino is leaving he's good but not boca good.

2. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: River y Boca nunca son indiferentes

More...

3. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Who cares.

4. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course Zarate would be good. He'd be good for any team. The guy has serious potential and a promised future. But he'll never go to Boca. At the prices the local market is requesting these days (Cardozo $10 million, Lavezzi $5.5 million, Higuain left to Europe for $18.5), Gamez will request a huuuge amount. Plus, Velez is one of those clubs who is known to not want to sell not even one player to a local club, especially if it's River or Boca.

6. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yes boca will win

and a new "10" will rise from las inferiores, and there shall be light.

7. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    like maradona or riquelme :D :D . anyways the champions is san lorenzo the almagro :(

8. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: "Palermo o Marioni?

Martín convirtió 146 goles en el club y es ídolo. En su primer partido de titular, Bruno metió un doblete. Russo nos los quiere juntos. "Quién jugará?

More...

9. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A poll by Ole showed:

BOCA
    ¿Cómo debería armar la delantera Russo?
    31560 (votantes)
    Palacio-Palermo (2657) 8.4%
    Palacio-Palermo-Guillermo (5172) 16.4%
    Palacio-Marioni (13729) 43.4%
    Palacio-Palermo-Marioni (7251) 23.0%
    Guillermo-Palacio (997) 3.2%
    Guillermo-Palermo (1754) 5.6%

If the past is anything to go by Russo won't hesite to give Palermo the boot, which would suck since he makes Boca that much worse. Palermo stay and please keep kicking penalties.:D

10. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Well if boca is going to be participate in a few cups and of course the local league,they re going to need atleast 4-5 forwards.Incase they get hurt,redcards,yellows, whatever the case may be.Thing is will or who ever gets to go to the bench be able to take it and wait his turn or might want to leave and have a starting job in another club.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind staying in boca despite being on the bench,because boca pays good and even being a bench warmer might get paid better then a starter at another club.

See if you ask me,i'd rather have them play with all 3 of them up front,Palacio,Palermo,and Marioni.That way the opposing team can counter attack them with ease.Even better if el Melli will be the playmaker.

Lucky for boca they got Orteman for helping on recovering because they were struggling with that kid Ledesma and Battaglia that to me it doesn't look like he is at 100%.

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    battaglia, IMO, is unable to dominate the midfield like gago was able to.
    good thing we brougt in orteman

i think the forwards should rotate, but palacio/marioni seems to be the best option. coming of the game and not having to start all the time will definetly benefit palermo IMO. plus, although he's getting older, he still scores goals.

I hope marino stays. you can say whatever you want about him, but at the end of the day, boca played better in the apertura when marino was in the game. Mellizo will def be a good playmaker that could come off the bench and play like 30-45 minutes.

Ledesma is a good player, but similar to battaglia, he needs another mid in the middle to help im out. Our defense is probably are strongest part of the team at the moment. I think Bobadilla got a lot of heat that was undeserved from the fans. He had a good year and his net was one of the least score upon. I think it was a waste of money to bring in Caranta, especially since Migliore is always an option.

Franzoia needs to become consistent. He makes great plays and then follows them up with some dumb things. however, he played pretty good against san lorenzo. Datolo is the same way, but I think he will definetly be an important part for Boca Juniors this semester

and to the river fan that posted here, how did you like the pk that palermo took against you guys in the clausura '06???

12. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was just joking. But hey, even Palermo can make an penalty kick every once in a while. :D

13. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: "Boca podrá retomar el dominio en la Liga?

More...

14. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A very, very emphatic NO for a team winning the season when they can't even win with a two man advantage :rolleyes:

15. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No. Belgrano will :cool:. Or, one of my other top 3 candidates:

1. Velez Sarfield (wouldn't that be ironic boy!)

2. Estudiantes

3. River

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    After the game last night, this is what I have to say

1) Boca is too slow. River was very quick on the counter and played quick passes. Boca on the other hand took to long and played very slow (especially when Cardozo was taken out). They need someone that can bring pace at the attacking mid position.

2) The attacking midfield. Yes, Guillermo is the greatest Boca idol EVER, but he's not a magician. He has done so much for the team, but I think playing attacking midfield for the entire game is too much to ask from him. As for Franzoia, he has a lot of talent. However, he dribbles too much. He would dribble 1 or 2 River players and have a great opportunity to make a nice through pass and instead he would try and take on a third or fourth defender and lose the ball.

3) I thought Orterman played pretty good considering it was his first game with the club. He doesn't have the vision and passing skill that Gago does, but he always goes in hard and recovers a lot of balls.

4) Morel Rodriguez is a beast.

5) What the hell was Clemente Rodriguez doing when he took that PK?

6) It is a sad day when River Plate beats us by playing with more heart and 'huevos'. It should be the other way around. Boca is alwyas the ones that plays with 'huevos' and wins games even though they played like shit.

7) Maidana played phenomenal. Arguably the best Boca player last night. Nothing got by him and with Cata Diaz in the middle, the defense should look good. The weakness is porbably going to be the right side with Ibarra/Clemente (I never thought I would say that).

8) What is going on with Datolo?? He needs to get more playing time because he should be the '10' coming off the bench, not Franzoia.

9) a boca le falto en el momento donde el equipo lo necesitaba alma, corazon, garra y sobre todo, ideas! hay un problema en donde los jugadores estan muy mal animicamente y hasta que no se corte esta racha, no se cree una mistica de equipo ganador nuevamente, no vamos a salir. tengo fe que esto sea por el verano y que cuando empieze el torneo los jugadores se den cuenta de la camiseta que estan vistiendo…
    Saludos… y hoy mas que nunca: aguante boca!!!

17. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think boca and its fans think too highly of Datolo, he is no "10" and at best can play as a decent "8". He had a few (I can count them in my hand) games at Banfield and I always thought that the media were overhypping him then, and boca bought into it thinking they were getting something good out of Banfield like Bilos or Palacios. Now with an aging Guillermo Schelloto (although I must admit he can still cry and cheat like the best of them, he is such a dirty pussie!!) boca has nobody to really step up and play that position for the team, ironically I think that La Volpe saw this and tried to fix it by giving playing time to Franzoilla rather than Datolo and Marioni (who in my book does cut it either) and ended up getting the blame for choking up the championship.

18. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    by Marioni i take it you mean marino??

Marino was a good player that was treated poorly and criticed too much. When he was on the field, Boca played better.

Datolo may be overhyped, but he will still be better than Franzoia IMO. Franzoia dribbles too much and always ends up losing the ball because of it. He doesn't seem to have the vision that a '10' needs.

19. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, that's who I meant. Is he hurt? I don't think it is his fault but I just don't see him being that successfull at Boca for one reason or another, at least not under Russo nor La Volpe.

20. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    He wouldnt be an Insua, but he would definetly allow the team to perform better playing at that position than say Datolo or Franzoia.

Im not sure, but he must be injured unless Russo hsa completely left him without a spot on the team.

21. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're far too quick to judge Franzoia. Give him time, and he'll learn to pass and to look around before taking on that 3rd defender. Don't forget that alot of the world's best 10s started in a similar situation.

22. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    very true, but right now, he isnt what boca needs. we are getting ready for the libertadores and league run and we cant have a '10' (argueably the most important position) that is developing

23. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Los futbolistas ven venir un Clausura para River

El equipo de Passarella es el principal candidato a campeón. Arsenal suena para revelación. Y Palermo junta votos como goleador.

More...

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just thought it was really funny to read the gallinas posts when yesterday we kicked ass and Roman has yet to play for us. Que boludos las gallinas.

25. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I stand by my words, it is not like beating Banfield or bringing back Riquelme changes that much. Boca is going through a transitional period where older players that were the standard bearers for the team are going to have to move over and allow other and younger players to step up, it is not like Boca will have a bad team just a different one. And of those players I don't see neither Datolo nor Marino being that successful in Boca.