Will a Lavolpista DT win the liguilla ?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by cadblur, Nov 16, 2004.

1. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK
    Here is some food for thought, 5 out of 8 DTs in la Liguilla are "Lavolpistas" . Do you think any of them will win the tournament. They have 5/8 chances of one of them beign crowned. Anyways, the important thing is that some of those teams are playing good footy. I would like Atlas to win. They develop a LOT of good players and the like to play attacking football. But Pachuca seems to win (no matter what DT) in winter Liguillas.

Veracruz - Graneolatti
    Atlas - Bueno
    Pachuca - Romano
    Monterrey - Herrera
    Atlante -Cruz

2. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    hopefully not.

3. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ahhh como a los bocones les gusta fregar...

4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Yes, the odds are in their favor, in my opinion either Pachuca or Atlas

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Here is some more food for thought.

In 30+ years (adding up Lavolpe and his followers), they have 1 league title (okay, ill give you Lavolpe Apertura 2003 title under Jorge, but is Aguirre getting credit for the Pachuca title in 2001?)

I have posted the links and stats. In 20 years, Lavolpe has accumulated 4 years of actual good seasons. The rest of them are abysmal seasons saved by a technicality - the liguilla, which in history has left out the number 3 team to sit out and number 13 to creep in.

I dont mean to cuase a shyt storm, but i think its a lousy attempt on your part to start this thread in hopes to "promote" lavolpismo. I dont know if it is intentional or not, but still a lousy attempt. And you were the one who started a thread to put on standby the "cangrejo crusades". Hmmmmm??

6. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    theres a name to this mad philosophy now? what's this world coming to?

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    actually... yes. started by Lavolpe.

He is the one that has stated on numerous occasions that he leaves a methodology and or a way of doing things in MExico, ONLY to be done by another coach in Mexico. Lapuente.

When asked about that, Lapuente brushes it off.

I jopke about it, but vArious Styles and I agree that it is stupid. Leave that shyt back in Argentina with that Menotista and Bilardista crapola.

8. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK
    You have to stick to your "guns" . You have said that A good season is one that you end up as a "superlider" or second place. As we all know winning the championship depends on many things.

I stick to what I said before. I liked the way Atlas playd under Lavolpe. It was a joy to watch even though we (Cruz Azul) once ended up in the worng end of a good beating. "Nos bailaron". ut I recognise something good when I see it.

This season has been good for Lavolpistas (or the term you prefer). The top two teams are managed by Lavolpistas.

Weird of all things is that apparently you dont like teams playing for a result, but your idol is the manager that said "Los que quieran espectaculo que vayan al circo". The "resultista" by excellence.

RDL you have measure with the same stick. Repeating Hugos rant of 20 odd years and one title is getting very boring.

9. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK
    I don't say this the same DTs say they are Lavolpistas!

Es uno más de la escuela que dejó Ricardo

La Volpe lo marcó

EL Profe Cruz asegura que pertenece con orgullo a la escuela La Volpista, porque Ricardo fue más que sólo un técnico cuando lo tuvo en el Atlante.

"La gente que venimos de la escuela de Ricardo La Volpe no lo hacemos por casualidad, sino por continuidad en el trabajo. Tenemos bases sólidas y objetivos claros; coincidimos en muchas similitudes en la forma de percibir el futbol.

Y habla de cada uno de los entrenadores lavolpistas que entraron a la liguilla.

"De los ocho técnicos hay cinco que coincidimos en mucho con la filosofía de Ricardo. De esa generación que tuvo como jugadores no sólo fue exitosa en aquél tiempo, sino que después dejó en nosotros una huella que nos hace exitosos como técnicos.

"El caso de Rubén Omar Romano es el más conocido por las liguillas que ha disputado. Sergio Bueno llega a su primer liguilla; Wilson Graniolatti tuvo un torneo difícil con el San Luis, pero confirma que tiene algo importante ahora como el tener al equipo líder del torneo. Miguel Herrera liga su cuarta liguilla, y en el Atlante con una labor más callada estamos confirmando lo que hemos pensado en estos últimos torneos, que Atlante no es un equipo chico más, sino que tiene méritos para trascender en la liguilla".

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    You have to stick to your "guns" . You have said that A good season is one that you end up as a "superlider" or second place. As we all know winning the championship depends on many things.

This is not about sticking to my guns

I stick to what I said before.

at last, opinion before facts. didnt execpt this from you doc.

I liked the way Atlas playd under Lavolpe. It was a joy to watch even though we (Cruz Azul) once ended up in the worng end of a good beating. "Nos bailaron". ut I recognise something good when I see it.

Lavolpe had some of his best seasons there, BUT is 4 good years out of 20 something to be proud of?

This season has been good for Lavolpistas (or the term you prefer). The top two teams are managed by Lavolpistas.

Actually the top 3, but is Granoelati a great coach now? Is Bueno a great coach now?

And last season when 2 out of the 3 worst teams were under the helm of "lavolpistas" no one said anything.

Weird of all things is that apparently you dont like teams playing for a result, but your idol is the manager that said "Los que quieran espectaculo que vayan al circo". The "resultista" by excellence.

these are Lapuente's title runs during the loong season format.82-83 Puebla
    1. America 61 pts
    2. Atlante 47 pts
    3. Puebla 45 pts

89-90 Puebla
    1. America 48 pts
    2. UNAM 46 pts
    3. Puebla 46 pts

94-95 Necaxa
    1. Guadalajara 52
    2. America 51
    3. Cruz Azul 48
    4. Necaxa 46

95-96 Necaxa
    1. Cruz Azul 56
    2. Necaxa 55

He was also the last coach to win the "campeonismo" and many say Necaxa was the team of the 90s? Why do you think that is? Does a defensive or "result orientated team" win team of the decade award?

All Lapuente has ever said is that he likes to form his teams from the back towards the front. that does not make him defensive. Arent they ctiticising Real Madrid for shhty defense? Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham, Zidane, Raul
    During short season format, Lapuente was 8th, BUT keep in mind that they were also in the Libertaodres and up to that point, were undefeated in Copa libertadores. They were one of the funnest teams to watch in Copa libertaodres. They only allowed 2-3 goals that during the CL.

RDL you have measure with the same stick.

same stick? tell that to the cangrejos around here.

like giving credit to Lavolpe for the Gold Cup and Olympic qualifiers, BUT totally disregarding the panamerican games, athens, and copa america.

where is that same stick you preach of?

where is that stick when certain coaches are candidates for the Tri without winning a league titel, but making raising the bar for another coach to even be considered.

Repeating Hugos rant of 20 odd years and one title is getting very boring.

it gets boring because you can not rebuttle or refute that.

statistically speaking, you can not refute that.

but you are entitle to you opinion and if you think that Lavolpe's teams played well even when finishing 5 or below, well, thats you opinion and i wont argue that.

11. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK

So, can I state an opinion or not ?

The question I asked and you haven't answered is this. Without using THE-TERM-THAT-BOCONES-DONT-LIKE
    Will Veracruz, Atlas, Pachuca, Monterrey or Atlante win the liguilla ?
    Further, would you like a team like Atlas win the league ?

12. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK
    When have I said that they were candidates ?
    I have always stated that LaVolpe should finish until 2006. I don't like his stupid comments, but we have to finish a full cycle.

Check this.

http://www.femexfut.org.mx/Selecciones/HistoriaTecnicos.php

How many finished a full cycle. Just Milutinovic (first time), and we didn't have to qualify; we just played friendlies.

13. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Good topic Mr Cadblur.. I will however put my money on the new Mexican footy school: the Chivas Total Football that combines Rinus Michels tactics with Mexican ideals.. Its still shaping up but we have allready reached one final and this season Benjamin "el Maestro" Galindo will attempt to get the eleventh star.. speaking of Euro influenced tactics in what school can we put Hugol in ?

The odds are certainly in their favor.. We must also question what has gone wrong with Lapuentistas ? Palou started great and then went down the drain, Arias doesnt count with Necaxas directiva to help him put together a stronger side and Carillo, can he really be called a Lapuentista. He is more of a titere as he prefers more open style of playing but has America playing the way Lapuente does..

Romano is the king of choke, he did it at Tecos and Morelia so im hoping he sucks the big one again.. Herrera still has defensive problems and can fall apart at any given moment.. Atlante is too dependant on Rey-Chamagol take them outa nd the team falls, that should leave us with Bueno and Graniolati as favroites..

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    So, can I state an opinion or not?

You are entitled.

The question I asked and you haven't answered is this. Without using THE-TERM-THAT-BOCONES-DONT-LIKE Will Veracruz, Atlas, Pachuca, Monterrey or Atlante win the liguilla?

If I knew that, I would be a full time gambler.

But i would put my money right now on Pumas or Toluca.

I say Pumas because 1) the team is on the rise 2) different player come through 3) same treatment to all his players (When Hugo substituted Beltran for getting a yellow card it indicates that he calls its even for everyone. I think that apporach is great because players are aware of not committing stupid fouls and makes player concentrate more on what they are doing.)

I dont want to Toluca to win. I hate that club (becuase of thier owners). The whole Cardozo-Tuca was blown out of proportion. All Cardozo said was that Toluca was converting into a defensive team (after the loss to America) and the press saw it as a way to attack Tuca. This weeks edition of Sr Futbol gave an extensive overview of Toluca. The front page reads, "el infierno se apaga" and the article reads, "El Diablo ya no asusta". They compared Meza's productivity, as well as Lavolpes and Tucas.

Coach - total productivity (home/away)

Meza - 68.2% (78.1%/58.2%)
    Lavolpe - 62% (71.4%/52.9%)
    Tuca - 52.6% (65.3%/39.7%)

Although the problems seem to be a distraction, my gut tells me they will reach the finals

Further, would you like a team like Atlas win the league?

I dont like Atlas. I dont like Veracruz. I dont like Atlante. I dont like Pachuca. I dont like Monterrey. I dont like UNAM.

The 2 teams I do not want to win are Toluca and Chivas.

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    When have I said that they were candidates ?

wasnt there another thread about it?

I have always stated that LaVolpe should finish until 2006.

even if the the results (considering the circumstances) are not in our favor?

I don't like his stupid comments, but we have to finish a full cycle.

this is a general question. would you allow a coach to stay a full cycle even if he was a bad coach just so we could say, "we finished a cycle"

to me it doesnt make sense to advance further into a project when your begining stages are not sound.

16. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't exactly see anywhere in cadblur's post an attempt to promote Lavolpismo. He asked a question about Lavolpe, doesn't mean it's pro-Lavolpe. The parameters for Bocones vs Cangrejos is outrageous. Anything one of us says and it's used against us to bring back the age-old discussion.

But then again, I underestimate their sneakiness. :)

Exhibit B.

Tecos pushing his one-man army "I HATE HUGO" agenda even when no one else is stirring sh!t up.

Back to the thread topic, 5/8 are good odds.

But hopefully Hugo has a trick up his sleeve. Maybe playing crappy on purpose only to demonstrate the team's all in the liguilla.

Preposterous.

I'll put my money on:

1. UNAM
    2. Chivas
    3. Toluca

Like rdl, I despise Toluca.

My reasoning only goes as far as to say Cardozo me caga.

17. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    There is still enough debate left in us bocones. :D

Quite frankly, I don't care who wins, just don't throw it in our faces if it is a Lavolpista.

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    let them

19. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > I say Atlas :D <

20. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hmm. Hector Cuper con el Mallorca no fue lo mismo que el con el Valencia pero ahi el.

Ademas, Lavolpe que tiene de meritos para hablar de capacidad?

Funny how Hugo has to go to extraordinary lengths to prove his worth. First he had to win a title, now he has to win a title without foreigners and next he has to win a title in Europe with a midtable team.

Weird how the bar keeps being raised for him.

And lastly..

It's Bocones vs Cangrejos, get it right.

Team Bocon: Me, LMvCP, Levante, lisabrasil09

Team Cangrejo: Anyone who disagrees with me.

Which team do you want to be on?

It's one or the other.

Vote or die.

22. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

The bar does indeed keep being raised for him.

Hugo, You can add Rafael Hernandez to our crew.

23. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey Hugo, you sure Lisa wants to be on your team?

24. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK
    I was hearing a radio show last night with Antonio de Valdes (an Atlantinsta himself) and company and they tried to figure out if Carrillo was more a Lapuentista or Lavolpista. RDL wont like this: Their answer was that America's DT was more Lavolpista! :D

25. cadblur

cadblur New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Edinburgh,UK
    I think it will be difficult to repeat. There is a reson why other teams have not achieved that before. For example Toluca.

It is not campeonitis (or another buzz word). The problem is that with the Liguilla format. The finalists do not have a proper preseason, and there is no way around that. Without a proper preseason your team does not work. Look at Cruz Azul, besides all their problems, they fact of not having a proper preseason didn't help.

So, it will be really difficult for Pumas to repeat.

I would like Atlas to win, not because a Lavolpista is managing them, but because thay have done a lot of good for our football, and they play attractive football.