Wildcats Signings

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Chargefan, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    More will most likely be announced in the next few days... Hopefully Kelly Smith will come back for the Season (She is definetly one of my favorites, LeBlanc is still the tops on my list so I am somewhat happy)

Swiss Star Joins Wildcats
    Defending Champions Add Dickenmann to Midfield
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR RELEASE ON: April 25, 2006

The New Jersey Wildcats announced their first new international addition for the 2006 season with the signing of Lara Dickenmann of Switzerland. Dickenmann stars for the Swiss National Team and also for The Ohio State University. She is expected to provide a playmaking presence in the midfield for the defending W-League Champions.

Former Tar Heels Join Wildcats
    Tomecka, Watley Become First New Additions for the 2006 Season

The New Jersey Wildcats women’s soccer team announced its first new additions for the 2006 season with the signings of Maggie Tomecka and Carmen Watley. Both Tomecka and Watley were standouts at the University of North Carolina and both players have multiple years experience competing in the W-League. The two former Tar Heels are expected to provide a solid defensive presence for the Wildcats this summer.

Fletcher Back With Champions
    New Jersey Wildcats Re-Sign Tar Heels Standout

The New Jersey Wildcats women’s soccer team brought back an important component to its championship side today with the announcement that Kendall Fletcher will return for the 2006 season. Fletcher was on the field for all 90 minutes last August when the Wildcats claimed the W-League Championship.

LeBlanc Returns to Wildcats
    Goalkeeper of the Year Back with W-League Champs

The New Jersey Wildcats women’s soccer team made the first move to restock their championship roster today when they announced that goalkeeper Karina LeBlanc will return to the team for the 2006 season. LeBlanc excelled in 2005 leading the Wildcats defense to a record-tying performance. In her first season with the team, the Canadian international captured W-League Goalkeeper of the Year honors while leading the Wildcats to their first-ever W-League Championship.

2. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  3. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Cat Redick?

4. lovinsoccer

lovinsoccer New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    no she will be in residency with the naitonal team for the next 4 months. O'Rielly and Tarpley as well..and White in the Swedish leagues.

5. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
  6. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus striker Charmaine Hooper of Canada.

7. lovinsoccer

lovinsoccer New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    thats great..the only problem is she will probably only play a few games b/c of the Canadian national team committments...i guess a few is better than none...

8. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    The Canadian team does not have that many commitments happening, probably about the same as last year

9. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the announcement from the USL site.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/home/130894.html

And here's a couple of questions / things to ponder.

1. Is she still a regular on the Canadian national team?
    2. Isn't she playing more as a defender now?
    3. I wonder if becoming a mother has mellowed her? :D

10. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She has started all the Int'l games so far in '06 and was listed as the captain. Shis is listed as a F/D, but I don't know which positions she has played this year.

11. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Actually, the team will be in and out of camp throughout June to September. It hasn't been announced officially yet, but just looking at the tentative schedule, players who play in the W-League will definitely be missing more games than they will be present.

To answer the other questions:

1. Is she still a regular on the Canadian national team?
    Yes, she is.

2. Isn't she playing more as a defender now?
    She's been playing upfront the last year+ ... she hasn't been in the back since after her return from having Charlie.

3. I wonder if becoming a mother has mellowed her?
    I personally have always felt that Charmaine was a very "mellow" person when you meet her and talk to her. On the field, its different and I don't think that will every change because she is a super competitive and focused person regardless of being a mother or not.

12. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the input. I was kind of kidding with the last question. She has always seemed like a nice person off the field. However, on the field she's all business. I think some of her style of play comes from having two brothers that she would play against while growing up. Not meant as a negative, but I always thought she played like a guy. And that is where some of her reputation came from. But at times I think she could make a sailor blush. :D

13. KiXXFan1316

KiXXFan1316 New Member

May 4, 2006
    South Jersey
    They also signed Tobin Heath & Manya Makoski again today

14. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Brazil Star Bolsters Wildcats
    Olympic, World Cup Veteran Formiga Joins New Jersey

FOR RELEASE ON: May 5, 2006
    Longtime Brazil Women’s National Team star Formiga will be adding her style of soccer flair to the New Jersey Wildcats lineup this summer with the reigning W-League Champions announcing today that she will join the team for the 2006 season. Most recently a standout with Malmö DFF of Sweden’s Damallsvenskan, Formiga has played in three FIFA Women’s World Cups and three Olympics.

15. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP

Thanks,

I wasn't aware and It looks like the backup GK will see plenty of action (what an oxymoron) this year...

Looks like this team may be better than last year, especially if they can Get Kelly Smith, what a nightmare of a midfield that would be for the Wildcats