Why Would Chivas Be For Sale So Soon?

Discussion in 'Mexico: Clubs' started by franco, Oct 4, 2006.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...hope nobody close this one down...

...no trolling please, i think is an interesting topic worth analizing...i know americanistas and chivas may like to talk smack in this thread but please respect and use educated posts only...back up your shit please...chivas fans, dont take this as an offense to your team please...america fans, no shit talking...

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=487283

2. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    seriously i think Jorge Vergara wanted to get richer using Guadalajara. this is my own opinion. look he put his business on Atlas and what happend? nuthing.. well he maybe got money to buy chivas but look he relationates Chivas with Omnilife and Omnilife skyrockets!! i think chivas was just used to get him wealth!! im doubting if he is really a Chivas fan? its becomed dat he has no interest for it no more! what kinda owner will take their official club picture in a circus?... well this is my opinion i think Jorge Vergara is bad for Mexican Soccer. my opinion!

3. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mark Cuban - passion for his team + shadyness = Jorge Vergara

As Vergara has said time and time again; he knows nothing about football. He saw Chivas as an investment opportunity since the teams worth was at an all time low back in 02. In the 4 years he's owned the team he's managed to resurrect this organization's worth to the point where it must be double or triple what he paid for it.

That being said, of course he bought the team to gain personal wealth. He's a business man and nothing else. He played of our passion with false promises, and clever marketing. A politician attempting to win a position in office. Now, much like any investment, you sell it when the stock has reached its peak. Ideally the time to sell would be after a championship, but if it doesn't happen this year, I expect him to sell before there's any chance that the team's worth drops a few cents. God forbid he loses a little money.

As a fan there's not much you can do other than show your discomfort through signs, chants, and online postings. Short of actually buying the team, we'll remain the unsilent majority that unfortunately has no say when it comes to front office decisions. I don't like what's going on, but there's nothing I can do. A malcontent comformist if you will.

If he actually sells them team it'd be a blessing in a way, but at the same time...who'd be an acceptable candidate?

4. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

5. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this man came out of nowhere filled all their fans with dreams! some he accomplished like the jersey without patronage!but there are somethings that are worthmore to a fan... if chivas won the championship i would think the fans would forgive him and adore him!! but there is a point i need to clear dat i forgot to do in my first post is that look where this info is coming from.... Record!! im not saying its bad but i have trouble believing them +plus this is like a blog!! its all especulations!!

6. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I'm not so sure as to what I'm about to post, maybe a few of you can help me out. I was listening to Locura por el Futbol. A radio show on 1010 AM here in Houston Texas. Its an Univision chain. Anyways I heard that Jorge Vergara was being sued because he doesn't own Club Deportivo Guadalajara hence forth can not sell any of its players, installations and etc... Now the only reason I'm posting this is because I would like to know if any of this is true to a certain point as I mention, I heard it on the Radio today.

7. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    First of I like Jorge Vergara(even though I ain't a chiva)
    Second of all the guys that used to run Chivas as a Social Club were a bunch of patetic old men(so they shouldn't be sayin' shit) they leased the team to a piece of shit like martinez garza
    also this guys sold the team for 60+ mil(US) please they had a deal with televisa worth 65 mil, I mean you have to be an idiot to sell a team for that kind of money......:rolleyes:
    Third if he chooses to sell he's probably like that article writes to sell it for more than 200mil which is how much that club should be worth(I think it might even be worth more), I mean can we blame the guy, he bougth ship and sells high?????
    Fourth he said the club was making money so I don't think he's gonna sell, he just sold the club and training grounds which by the way were really old and ugly, cuz I don't know if anyone has seen were Chivas trains?? it's UGLY and decrepit, compared to were America and Cruz Azul and some other clubs in mexico do, it wasn't worth of the so-called most popular team in mexico....
    Maybe he's gonna build new training grounds for chivas to go with the new stadium and all..........:p
    but seriously that was just some accusations made by his enemies, which he has lots..............

8. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he probably sold the training grounds for funding for the new stadium lol:p jk. im not to sure but is it supposed to be a home depot center kind of thing?

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    There have many many credible media outlets that have now reported the uncertainty of Vergara's dealings.

Here is what I have made out so far.

1) Club Deportivo Guadalajara, A.C. was a civil association with 190 club members that had certificates of ownership.

2) Club Deportivo Guadalajara, A.C. was converted to a stock company and now operates as Club Deportivo Guadalajara S.A. de C.V and is paying dividends to those who agreed to sell their certificates of ownership.

3) A small group of club members did not sell and have problems with how the organization was changed to a coportation.

4) Jalisco and Federal Civil Code legislate civil associations (such as AC, SC). Commerical Code legislate mercantile type organizations (such as SRL, SA, SA de CV, etc).

5) Jalisco Civil Code states that no civil association can convert to a mercantile type organization. THE FACT THAT CHIVAS IS NOW A STOCK COMPANY INDICATES THAT THEY DID CONVERT.

6) Jalisco Civil Code also states that in order for a civil association to dissolve, two-thirds must vote to do so. THEY DID GET OVER TWO THIRDS AT AN ASSEMBLY MEETING

7) Jalisco Civil Code also states that once a AC is dissolved, then it must be liquidated. After its liquidation, all outstanding debts must be paid. Its club member however can not make a profit because law states that the profits must go to a public beneficiary or the state. THIS NEVER OCURRED SINCE BY LAW THE CLUB MUST ANNOUNCE ITS DISSOLUTION AND LIQUIDATION.

8) Commercial Law states that in order to form a stock company (SA de CV), that capital must be introduced upon its creation. Ex Club Members states that this never occured which they state that the company should be voided. And they also state that

------------------------------------------------------

This is all very interesting. The fact that Vergara has not come out in public to denounce all these "rumors" makes me wonder

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...if that is all true, then it does look very fishy...we will have to wait for la jornada, proceso, or one of those magazines to see what they have to say about this issue...

...if vergara wants to sell chivas, he could try to do so by influencing others as he once did...no doubt people with mayority of shares have bigger influence on how shit goes down, but not absolute ownership...vergara does not own chivas alone, but he could surely make others go along with him...