Why/who started doing this?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Mathemagician, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Mathemagician

Mathemagician New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    We-no-nah
    I was just listening to NPR and there was a GOP commentator on and he was refering to the Democratic party as the Democrat party. This is not the only person I have heard say this, W was saying it on the campaign trail.

Why do they do that??

Just rude, does it poll well?

Please explain

2. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Math Genius: Two major political parties in this nation:
    1. Republicans (Conservatives)
    2. Democrats (Liberals)

Number 1 is in power; number 2 isn't! And number 2 is not "democratic" party; democratic more accurately describes our government process! Liberal political party (number 2) is the Democrats!

IntheNet

3. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Please clear something up for me....don't conservatives believe in fiscal responsibility in the government (i.e. attempting to minimize deficit spending) ?

4. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Turn about is fair play, I've started calling the Rebuplican party the Fascist evangelical party, I'm just trying to frame the debate.

5. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that the party used to be called the Democrat party. Bob Dole used to refer to the World Wars as "Democrat wars", IIRC.

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Democratic" has too many syllables for Dubya. The rest just follow suit like for instance...sheep.

7. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To the victors go the spoils. Just be thankful Kerry did not win, otherwise we'd rename the Democrats to the Weeble Wobble Party.