Why the US MNT is now superior to Mexico

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Ronaldo's Idol, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ten years and counting.. WCQ at Azteca stadium (1-0) and Olympic qualifiers (4-0)with Lando, Beasly and Convoy was not too long ago and serve as testament that the US has not been able to beat or score against the MNT in Mexico. So there goes your Dominance theory..

Mexico had two wins and one draw in group stage finishing in first. The U.S had one win, one draw and one loss and only advancing because S Korea beat Portugal, a draw in that game would of meant that the Yanks would of gone home. So while the US beat Mexico in the rounf of 16 they didnt do better (overall) in the WC, as the US was the omly squad to advance to the second round with -1 goal differential.

2. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    As a USMNT fan, I'd like to post a disclaimer on Ronaldo's Idol.

DISCLAIMER: RI's opinion does not reflect the opinions of all American fans. Yes, we have beaten Mexico a lot recently and have been on the better side of this rivalry since 2000, but anyone who truly takes time to understand the beautiful game will realize that there are many Mexican players who are quality players and that this rivalry is far from a blow out for either side.

I never thought I'd have to defend the MNT like this, as they are one of my more hated teams, but Ronaldo's Idol, you are an idiot and please see your way out the door. Bigsoccer already has more than its fair share of trolls. Stop stirring the pot.

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Only a idiot would think that MLS has a better league then Colombia does.

4. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, give it up, you are embarassing to US fans like me.

No the US is not better than Mexico. Mexico has displayed a consistent quality (except when Enrique Meza was their coach) for years and years. Mexico is a sure bet to get 3 points at home against just about anyone at home. Mexico has finished 1st or 2nd in each of the last three group phases in the World Cup.

The US did great in WC 2002, but lets be honest, we would not have qualified if Korea hadn't pursued the win against Portugal. Mexico finished with 7 pts, handily winning their group.

It's fair to say the US has had the better of the matchup in recent years, but I think we have a lot of things to prove before respect is ours, namely consistency.

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You should lock this thread VS.

6. El Sabio

El Sabio New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Madison, WI
    You can't be serious, ohhh poopsy poo its so hard for your team to play in a game in their own country because people root against them? This is the lamest arguement that I hear about these 2 teams playing, and it is used frequently. Get serious man, playing in the US is still playing in the US

No border crossing
    Familiar surroundings
    Familiar food
    All the comforts of your home country
    all the intangebles

Playing away from home, is far more than who the crowd is rooting for Ronaldo's D!ldo -- err I mean idol

It was domination? Really? Watch the game again and take off the red white and blue tinted glasses. Who controlled the ball? who had more chances on goal? who was denied by a crossbar? whos defenders had to actually punch the ball out of the area?

And oh yeah you seriously think the game would have ended 2-1 if we'd scored on a PK? We had the momentum and more of the attacking play, a goal would have only intensified it.

Obviously though it will be useless to argue this point with you, so forget it.

7. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sums up this thread perfectly.