Why not this

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by vidgms, Dec 18, 2005.

1. vidgms

vidgms Member

Sep 29, 2005
    California
    In my many hours of sitting by my lonesome self on friday and saturday nights I think about what could be.

For the last few weeks I have been wondering about all the talk about the
    3 major sports (MLB, NBA, NFL)(If you remember QF with SAS, they only talked about the 3 major sports, not hockey for a while) and soccer not being included in them.

Around BS there is talk of, When will soccer be one of the major sports in America, How long until..... Well it won't ever happen if there is no action. Why not consider soccer a major sport now.

For me whenever I hear one of my friends talking about the major sports or nascar (which by the way isn't a sport) I am going to ask them, "Why don't you consider soccer one of the major sports?" and when they say because soccer is a stupid sport I will say "Tell that to the countries outside of the US."

So why not just call it a major sport and maybe in a few years instead of a few decades it will be a major sport in the US.

2. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Maybe they should put the word "major" in the league's name. That should brainwash the populous.

3. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    We just need to get crazy about soccer, make a scene, tell everyone about it, hold huge rallies for our teams and make it so ordinary people can't walk five feet without being hit by MLS imagery. MLS doesn't have the ad budget, but we have voices to shout it from the rooftops and hands to make some banners.

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    there's nothing in those other 3 "major" leagues that I'd want in MLS.

5. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take their attendances and television revenue.

6. vidgms

vidgms Member

Sep 29, 2005
    California

Amen brother.

As for the attendance and television revenue that can happen if we do the quote above.

7. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except their TV contracts, or their ratings, or their highlights on SprtsCenter or their broad ownership pool, or their mechandising, or their .......

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'd take stuff like that, but there are better things to base it on than those 3 soulless leagues. I understand "modern soccer" is the future, but doesn't mean I have to like it.