Why Kerry Lost

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Bill Archer, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As good an analysis as I've seen.

Bush as initiator, Kerry as consolidator was a potentially powerful paradigm. And it would have enabled Kerry to portray Bush as spent; exhausted by the stress and bone-crushing pressures of the job. Americans were and are grateful to Bush for his superb leadership in the wake of 9/11. They were never going to fire him. They might have retired him.

And I particularly like the comment about Edwards being "Quayle Light". WHat a horrible choice. He added nothing and, frankly, looked like an airheaded local TV anchor and proved again and again that he had a tin ear for the electorate.

I know he now has plans to run in 2008 and I fervently wish the Democrats would nominate him, but the Hildabeest will run over a lightweight like him like a racoon under an Escalade. She'll barely feel the bump.

http://techcentralstation.com/110504B.html

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Did you see the James Carville article I linked to over in the Politics forum?

Man, how I wish Ron Brown had been still alive to direct the party, and that when someone other than Kerry was nominated that Carville had been his campaign manager. I don't know who the candidate would've been, but it wouldn't have been Kerry.

3. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad the GOP had Ron Brown killed, huh?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...