Why it was a good UEFA Cup week

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Oct 16, 2003.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    because not only did all the French sides advance but 2 English sides(Blackburn, Southhampton) an Italian side(Udinese) and 2 German sides(Hertha Berlin, Hamburg) all got knocked out. No French clubs were eliminated.

2. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    I had le sex with 3 women as well this week

It was le very good week this week.

Might as well make this le official preview message group of le friday picking of UEFA opponents, I hope they get le teams that will allow them to go to the next round easily, so hopefully le Français teams will not play against each other because they will defeat easily all non Français opposition.

Support le campaign 2003: le Hamatachi for moderator!
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...&threadid=77349

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Let me ask you something. You have a club like Hertha Berlin which probably has ten times the budget of an Auxerre yet Auxerre seems to be a much better team. I think thats absolutely amazing. Do you agree ?

4. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    le economics

It is because le Auxerre uses their money much better, to school their young players into le fantastique players. The German club uses their money to buy le crappy players.

5. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Germany is still 4. and France is 5. in the UEFA rankings. I do hope this year will be a start of cuntinued French club succes. But it won't be at Germany's expense. I think it's much more likely that Spain will drop out of the top four in 3-4 years.

6. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    Le not very likely

For Spain to drop out of le top 4, all their teams have to do very very bad many seasons. It is more likely that la France will overtake Germany in le coming years, especially if all their teams do as badly in le uefa cup as they do this season.

Support le campaign 2003: le Hamatachi for moderator!
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...&threadid=77349

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    lets take a look at the French's chances in the next round:

Sochaux vs Borussia Dortmund: Well Dortmund is annually one of German's best and biggest clubs Sochaux have very little chance of advancing here.

Lens vs Gaziantepspor: Well its not Galatasaray, Beskistas or Fenerbache so Lens definately have a chance of advancing here. Probably a very hostile enviorment playing in Turkey but playing in Lens is no picnic either. I think Lens advances.

Auxerre vs Utrecht: Well Auxerre have the talent to beat any of the non big 3 in Holland I firmly believe that. I think Auxerre will advance without much trouble.

Bordeaux vs. Hearts: Bordeaux have done poorly in Europe in recent years and they are currently playing poorly in league but they still have more talent than Hearts so I think they advance here but will not be surprised if they fail.

I don't expect all 4 teams to advance but anything less than 2 here will be a disapointment. 3 of the 4 advancing would be great.

8. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    I think Sochaux don't deserve to be underestimate they can beat Borussia Dortmund, I'm more confident for Sochaux than for Bordeaux who are in a big crises, the others must advance.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nah sorry I dont think Sochaux will get by Dortmund.

10. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    you will see ;)