Why is the final at Wembley again?

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by thepremierleague, May 22, 2012.

1. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The final was at Wembley only last year. So how the hell is it at Wembley again next year already?

I know they need to make money to pay for the stadium, but that's unbelievable the FA have managed to wrangle 2 finals in 3 years. That's unheard of.

2. chippybrady

chippybrady Member

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Good point, no shortage of quality stadiums in Europe

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Because "UEFA hates England".

M repped this.
  4. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    150th anniversary of the FA.

5. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see now :D

6. chippybrady

chippybrady Member

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So when awarding it to Wembley last yesr did they not realise next year would be more appropriate and then they could have spread the love

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I agree. It's like giving the World Cup to Uruguay in 2026. Talk about lack of foresight. :rolleyes:

8. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are plenty of five-star facilities deserving of a CL final.

Hopefully, this means England will have to wait a bit longer for its next CL final.

9. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    A bit longer, but not that long. UEFA like a jolly, and London is one of the best places for this sort of thing.

It's also worth noting that over the past 30 finals, England has hosted 3 times, Italy 5 times, Germany 5 times, Spain 4 times, Austria 3 times (over just 9 tournaments) and Greece 3 times. I don't think that one incident of hosting twice in 3 tournaments skews things in England's favour that much. I would expect the final to be back in England before 2020, which is a pretty reasonable gap.

10. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    uefa apologised for 'mispricing' the 2011 final by dropping the prices for 2012. so rip off the english and then give germans a fair deal. sure it was a 'mistake'.

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's an international club competition- doesn't that mean that the stands will be full of supporters from the two clubs and random people who can afford the tickets, regardless of their citizenship?

12. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think UEFA liked the fact they could hold all the corperate hospitality inside the stadium and not have to hire and set up lots of temporary marquees. The fact it made a shed load of money probably helped as well mind.

13. abel mwanga

abel mwanga New Member

Chelsea
    Tanzania
    Feb 17, 2021
    i real loved how the game was in between messi and mbape, it was so amazing, to see how the small monster fire mbappe was panetrating through barca's defence. just have a highlight hear... https://shrinke.me/Wamx

14. froddythegreat

froddythegreat New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 25, 2021
    wembley is a very good stadium capacity wise , location 'london' and the fans are crazy , so why not .. great finals happened at wembley so I'm glad it's at it again

15. froddythegreat

froddythegreat New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Aug 25, 2021
    also the pitch is just amazing ,, it's london like the best football pitches in the world

16. neos94m

neos94m New Member

AS Roma
    Italy
    Aug 31, 2021