Why is it that...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Bill Duggan, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    .... while watching the fire game, every time they showed the crowd, there were many fire jerseys to be spotted. Watching the revs, i see patriots and red sox jerseys. Why dont revs fans where revs jerseys?

2. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the Revs' uni suppliers never actually have any to sell to the public at a reasonable time during the season.

3. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Or price!

4. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Exactly. I went hunting for this year's Umbro kit, and found nada.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, the Rev should have Atletica as their supplier. They're great. Not only do the Burn uniforms look great, you can actually get 'em all around town, not just the Burn Pro Shop. And not just the red home shirt either. You can also get the very stylish white away shirt. And the black "3rd shirt."

They're great.

Oh, wait a minute... :D

6. jd2084

jd2084 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the beginning of the season I really wanted to get a shirt to wear to matchs. I like the Revs white shirts from last night and would have bought one if they weren't so damned expensive.
    Since it was I had to go out and by a simple blue Revs t-shirt from MLSnet. The t-shirt is nice, and one of my favorite articles of clothing, but it would have been nice to have the jersey, but I'm young and poor and had to live with what I could get.

7. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what it's like at the stadium but the online "pro shop" has a vastly smaller selection than that of my local independent league baseball team.

8. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    i went the custom replica route...forget being dependant on these marketing dolts to make sure things are in stock AND resonably priced.

went to bowlingshirt.com and picked out the:
    navy/burgundy swingmaster
    as a base.

*found a 1950 replica pepsi bottle cap patch on for the left sleeve
    *found the mls and united soccer relief fund patches for the right.
    *had the word "revolution" double shadow chainstitched where the name goes
    *had them do a chainstitched filled-in "1" underneath the name.
    ......all i need to do is find a decent revs flag logo patch or something and this thing is done (if anyone has one...let me know)

1. they keep changing jerseys every couple of years, making one buy more and more kits as the years go on.
    2. this was slightly cheaper
    3. as i get older, i'm only going to look more and more ridiculous in a replica kit...(beer, grey hair)
    4. what shirt better compliments the effects of beer consumption over time and the general effects of aging than the bowling shirt?....this is a no-brainer.

(i'm really not savvy enough to post photos...if anyone is remotely interested in seeing the shirt and knows how to post here, i can send you the file. pm me)

9. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i refuse to buy kits as it is a total rip off... if they want me to be a "true" fan in a kit, make them readily available at a lower price...

and anyway. i like looking "girly" on the weekends. i spend too much time on other stuff during the week to devote any to how i look. weekends are when i dress up a little just for fun (well not always... but normally)

10. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    Possible suggestion for you:

Since they all do change kits so often, sometimes you can find older versions for much cheaper. I ended up buying our original home kit (the black, red, and white one) for about half of what a new one would cost.

Another tack would be to try E-Bay.

I saw Revs shirts at The Onion Bag (pretty sure it's theonionbag.com), and I believe they're cheaper there than at some other places.

There was also this one soccer store I went to the last time I was in Boston...Quincy Market is ringing a bell...forget if that's the place's name, but the store is in there. His prices were pretty decent (got a home Germany kit for like 50 bucks).

Hope that helps.

11. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The World Soccer Shop in Quincy Market closed a few years ago, FYI.

12. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    That's unfortunate, Weber...

But yeah, that was like three or four years ago that we went.

13. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    There's a soccer shop on the blue line somwhere, I forget the stop.

Brazilian Soccer House, I believe. Excellent selection, but pricey as hell. I was about to buy a Celtic shirt, but the 80 bucks thing hurt.

14. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    We used to have a soccer shop right near Lusitano Stadium in Ludlow(MA). It is gone as far as I know.

Wow, MLSgear now available at Wal-Mart, oh wait, no stores in NE.
    www.mlsnet.com/gear/walmart

15. Blathist

Blathist New Member

Aug 21, 2001
    Foxboro
    Because there aren't a lot of Rev's fans around. Look around, when you see people wearing the Rev's jerseys, those are the people that go to a lot of the games. All the other stragglers just come to the games because it might be "fun" for them. Bastards.