Why is Inter Milan so popular?

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Catfish, Dec 22, 2005.

1. C'e' Solo l'Inter

C'e' Solo l'Inter New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Southwark.
    i dont think the problem is the amount of nationalities players on the team. i think the problem is the turnover rate. players, and even moreso the manager, change so often that its almost impossible for thep layers to mesh, and for the manager to really get what he wants. i think inter needs to find a team. as much as i love bringing in the best talent every transfer window, there comes a time when you have to stop and say- we have the talent lets make a team. i think, right now may be that point. veron is leaving so there may be a hole, but other than that- i think that between this year and next there hopefully wont be that much turnover. i think thats a plus. have the success and the team to build on.

2. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

TRADES!!!! LMFAO, sorry buddy this is not the crappy MLS, or NFL or MLB, or NBA, or NHL.

ps: your boy Landycackes, Primmadonovan is garbage.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No actually I hate Landycakes! Especially after he pulled that crap on the Quakes. I hope Nesta gives him hell this summer! Too bad Maldini won't play! You are right the MLS and the Serie A are a million $$$$$$$ miles apart! But I guess I was just trying to make a point!
    As far as buddy's are concerned! VIVA FRANCESCO TOTTI! E FORZA ROMA!

4. _RusH_

_RusH_ I Think I'm Going Bald

Feb 14, 2006
    This house watches Inter-Milan because many of our home-boys play there from Argentina.:D

5. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im glad you feel that way, I cant stand that Landycakes either. He is such as female sexual organ. Why couldnt he stick it out in Europe like Beasley through thick and thin.

6. obernunes

obernunes New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    California
    The turnover is the problem. Moratti has already come out this week saying he is going to re-evaluate everyone on the club, especially Adriano and Mancini. I think Roma's current form is proof that sometimes making very few moves can help a team come together much better (I know it was not completely voluntary). I mean, other Totti, who is a real superstar on that club? Last summer, everyone said Inter should thin out there overcrowded midfield and they started to do so, but then turned around and signed Figo, Solari and Pizarro. I think Moratti is always thinking about the future. He needs to stop and live in the present and see how his club can develop rather than always looking on making major purchases.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just a bit of trivia, Inter won the scudetto in 1980. That year was the year of the match fixing scandal. They said that Inter was the only honest club. In 1989, Giovanni Trapattoni's Inter with Lothar Mattheus, Andreas Brehme and Jurgen Klinsmann won the last scudetto Inter won. I think it was Giuseppe Bergomi's only Serie A trophy because he came up from the youth ranks in 80-81.
    I guess winning the Mundial for Italy in 1982, made up for the lost championships.

8. MerikanMaster87

MerikanMaster87 New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Boston

Crespo is my favorite argentine ever for the club, truthfully think hes a great fit for seria A play. They stay wit a argentine arsenal, big part of the team
    Cruz Cambiasso Zanetti Samuel

9. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i can't explain why we are so popular. the moment i saw inter i was their die hard fan. ronaldo crying in year when we lost scudeto in last round you can only see that in world cup from him, adriano kissing the jersey in derby. there is no words to explain why people like inter, the moment you become inter fan you will know it then why you are their loyal supporter.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is another bit of trivia that can contribute to Inter's woes:
    I was living in Italy the year when Ronaldo cried and they lost the scudetto. The very next year he was gone and went to Real Madrid. Ronaldo said later he left Inter because he didn't get along with Hector Cuper and that is why he went to Madrid. He said he would return to Inter right away if Cuper left. Cuper said that Ronaldo said publicly that he was the reason but then he said that that Inter probably could have won something if Ronaldo had stayed. From what I read and herd while I was in Italy was that the main reason Ronaldo left was because his ex-wife Milene Domingues, a "claciatrice" or female soccer player, was seeing Clarence Seedorf who was a teammate of Ronaldo's on Inter in 2001/2002. The very next year Ronaldo was off to Spain and Seedorf then went to AC Milan. The rumor said that Seedorf offered Ronaldo his house in Madrid but Ronaldo refused. Supposedly, all the players on Inter knew what was going on but said nothing to Ronaldo. I guess he was fooling around on Milene also, however. Milene said later that all the players on Inter would call her on her cell phone all the time. She said they never left her alone. Anyway, maybe this has nothing to do with why Inter hasn't won but I'm sure it disrupted the clubhouse not to mention the players.

11. uruguyze

uruguyze New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    A little of the subject here but maybe not....the great black and blue colors are so instantly identifiable with Internazionale...Are they the only big-time team in the world to wear these colors?I mean theres dozens of clubs that are famous that play in say all white,all red even black and white stripes but I cant think of another black and blue strip?

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Atalanta wears them and I've seen other teams in the EPL and La Liga wear them. I'm not really sure about the big time teams. I think some MLS team I forget who wore their and AC Milan's colors a few years back. I don't know about a big time club, however.
    Anyway, check out the current squad. There is only 5 Italian born players on the club. I can't believe it.
    GK Francesco Toldo
    2 DF Iván Córdoba
    3 DF Nicolas Burdisso
    4 DF Javier Zanetti (captain)
    5 MF Dejan Stankovic
    6 MF Cristiano Zanetti
    7 MF Luís Figo
    8 MF David Pizarro
    9 FW Julio Cruz
    10 FW Adriano
    11 DF Siniša Mihajlović
    12 GK Júlio César
    13 DF Zé María
    14 MF Juan Sebastián Verón (on loan from Chelsea)
    16 DF Giuseppe Favalli
    MF Kily Gonzalez
    19 MF Esteban Cambiasso
    20 FW Alvaro Recoba
    21 MF Santiago Solari
    22 GK Paolo Orlandoni
    23 DF Marco Materazzi
    25 DF Walter Samuel
    30 FW Obafemi Martins
    31 MF César
    33 DF Pierre Wome

13. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Club Brugge wears the black and blue.... they're a failry large club.

14. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Got a question guys, maybe it was covered in the previous 5 pages but I don't feel like looking :)

Is there a social class component to being an Inter or Milan fan in Italy?

In South America, certain teams are more common among the affluent and some among the lower classes. River Plate and Sao Paulo for example, are more middle-class while Boca Juniors and Corinthians are working-class.

Thanks.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No social classes just legions of supporters. "La squadra del sud" or the team of the south has always been Juventus. For a while Juve was even playing some Cup matches in Palermo. Most Sicilians are Juve supporters but also of both Milano clubs. There are a lot of Calabresi and Siciliani who live in Turin because they went up north to work for FIAT.
    Most people who live in Turin support Torino or "i granata". In Rome the people from the center of Rome support AS Roma. The people on the outskirts of Rome support Lazio. Either way they hate each other. They were on the same page however, against Livorno. Lazio was Benito Mussolini's club. He wasn't much of a soccer fan but for some reason Lazio was his club. Roma won the league mysteriously in 1942. A lot of people contribute that championship to Benito. Supposedly, he felt that the capital city needed a Serie A championship. Some people think it was rigged.
    All over Italy however, the top 3 clubs are Inter, Milan and Juve. I think the main reason for the legions are because of family traditions. I have relatives in Abruzzo for example, who only support Inter and so do their grandkids. The main reason was because a top goalscorer for Inter in the 60's autographed a soccer ball along with the rest of the team and he gave it as a gift. Since then they always followed Inter.

16. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i heard about sedorf and millena i agree with you why we can'twin championship but since ronaldo it is idifferent problem arg vs brazil .when i watch adriano play he is depresed that he is only brazilian player on the field cezar is the kepper. i think we should keep only 3 arg. and 3 brazilians zanneti samuel and cambiasso and adriano cesar and gk cesar zanneti and gk cezar to get in from the bench. figo playes, favalli playes, move cordoba to left and matterazzi playes with samuel. c. zanneti playes stankovic out diana in next year adriano and luccarelli or iankinta bench p. inzaggi so first team next year would be
    TOLDO

CORDOBA MATTERAZZI SAMUEL FAVALLI

CAMBIASO DIANA

FIGO C. ZANETTI

ADRIANO

IANKINTA

SUBS. ZANNETTI ,INZAGGI P. ,MARTINS,CEZAR ,GK CEZAR