Why I Support My Team

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Short Irish Guy, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Short Irish Guy

Short Irish Guy New Member

May 1, 2003
    Houston
    My hate for the Kansas City Wizards isn't as much as it should be if only because the people living in Kansas City don't know they have a professional soccer team playing for the MLS Cup tomorrow night. It should come as no surprise, then, that my fellow members of the Screaming Eagles will descend on Home Depot Center in Los Angeles and take over that stadium like it were our own. The D.C. United Trophy (MLS Cup) has been away for a few years only for the simple fact that the rest of the league needed hope. They needed to feel like they were worthy of putting on our crest.

They aren't.

I am a member of the Screaming Eagles because I support my team. I support my team because the passion which consumes me when they take the field is something I cannot put into words. Every time someone from my team finds the back of the net is an explosion of joy that cannot be understood by mere passers-by. You have to follow the game and let it seep into your being to feel the sweet release of winning championships.

To my boys in Los Angeles tomorrow afternoon - give them hell. I'll be with you in spirit.

It's hard to get MLS coverage outside of the Internet here in Houston. We have to seek it out. It's been a pleasure reading all of your posts this season. The lot of you are an awesome bunch of fans which will carry us to the championship tomorrow afternoon.

It is our destiny. Our team was put into our hearts to win championships...

That being said - anyone want to fly me to LA for the game? :)

2. Short Irish Guy

May 1, 2003
    Houston
    Everyone who attended the game looked like a million bucks on TV. The mics picked up the chants loud and clear.

Amazing capper to an roller coaster season...

Bobby who?

3. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great speech by the way!

4. Short Irish Guy

May 1, 2003
    Houston
    Thanks. I got kind of choked up Saturday morning while thinking about how integral this team has become in my life. I still haven't seen them play in person but I'm going to try to make both Dallas games next season.

One during the regular season and the other for MLS Cup 2005 when we win the double...