Why does everyone doubt the USA?

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by JacopeX, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajdjad

ajdjad New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Yellow
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is hard to beat a team that piles 10 people in their quarter of the field everytime they lose the ball and leave Carlos at midfield in hopes he gets lucky.

2. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    *Cough* *Cough*

Like the US against Mexico.

*Cough*

3. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That UsA - Guatemala game was such a sad experience, total borefest.

Some of these Concacaf teams don't even try, so my question is, why 3 seeds, when you've got a Guatemala national team that doesn't even attack as an opponent.

4. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Um no, we send people foward, we actually counter and SCORE :eek: , we actually win against Mexico. Theres a difference between playing tactically (play good defense and counter) and not playing, Guatemala just didn't play attacking soccer at all.

5. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

goes back to the same point - Mexico and US should join Conmebol and be done with it!

6. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's the same principle. The US knows how to counter, Guatemalos do not. But both play horrid futbol by piling up all of their players inside the goalie box, making it difficult to score and thereby destroying the beautiful game.

7. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    well they beat argentina 3-0 because argentina used their b team (thank you very much daniel pasarella). so if the us is bringing their b team now...?

8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think they like qualifying for world cups too much to do that.

people doubt the u.s. for many reasons listed here, most notably, imo, for their showing in the world cup and america's lack of focus on copa america. it's all part of an unfortunate u.s. mindset that hopefully may be changing in the near future, trying to schedule friendlies against teams like scotland, australia and china as opposed to just guatemala, el salvador, etc. for the u.s. to improve we need to play more in south america and more in europe. our players are headed in that direction, maybe the national team can follow.

it's also tough to focus on an away tournament when you're hosting one on your own soil three weeks prior...

personally i hope that the u.s. can qualify for the next stage in ca. i don't know what teams like colombia and paraguay look like, to be honest... all i know is that paraguay had a pretty decent world cup in a group that made qualification for the knock-out tournament basically impossible. but i think the u.s. can play with almost anyone in south america, save argentina and brazil. it'll come down to who the u.s. sends to represent. this group is much, much easier than their world cup group, and the u.s. was a couple bad calls and plays from 1 win, 1 draw and 1 bad, bad loss in that group... so that gives me some hope.

i don't get the guy that says the u.s. groups from 2002 and 2006 are basically equal, though... good lord, my man, what are you smoking? one of those groups had the world cup champion in it, can you pick it out? one of them was considered the group of death, can you pick it out? the best team in the 2002 group wasn't even able to qualify, they were playing so poorly. that's how bad that group was. goodness gracious. :)

9. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What a laughable statement.

My GOD you're ignorant.

You won't ever find the US putting 8 players behind the ball, at least not vs. Mexico. One thing is to force the attack to come down the flanks b/c we believe/know that our d-backs --who are ATTACKING PLAYERS IN OUR FORMATION -- have a speed and/or talent advantage over your wingers. And even when we put 5th and 6th string d-back like we did w/ Bornstein and Albright in Arizona, at the end of the day, they still have to send in crosses in to Kikin and Bravo and Bofo and Blanco.

Seriously. Watch Euro Cup Q's for true bunker tactics. This is something that the US doesn't have to do and doesn't do. Name me one "bunker nation" that uses the d-backs as attacking players.

10. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei

Greece in Euro 2004?? :rolleyes:

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Barely.

Their back 4 was about as firmly planted as you can get. And it worked for them ... for that tournament.

12. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico is in our group???

13. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find your lack of reading skills disturbing. :mad:

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :confused:

Dude. He's just saying that it's convenient and funny that Mexicans are here talking out of their ass when they're not even in our group.

15. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    or the other way around.

Americans talking about mexicans when they aren't even in the same group.

16. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last I checked, this thread was posted on the "Group C: Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, United States" board.

Thanks for playing though.

17. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    so? It still applies.

"thanks for playing" :rolleyes:

18. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Absolutely irrelevant. Doesn't change the fact that you guys are obsessed with Mexico. :D

19. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    And what makes you think that the Mexicans aren't obsessed with us?

The fact they're in here arguing about it kinda' proves they are.;)

20. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's obsessed? You don't see me shitting on threads about the Mexican national team in their group's board.

Dos a cerro. :p

21. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    cerro = hill

In Meso-American cosmology, it is a sacred place of mystery. So... if you're saying that "2-0 is more than a way of life, it's a religion"... then yeah, that works. ;)

22. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, my Spanish sucks.

23. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Glad to see this has resulted in something other than the usually pissing match between the US and Mexican supporters. :rolleyes:

24. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    And yet I don't see Mexicans shitting on Americans in their own group's board. Come on guys, just accept it. I know it irks you but sometimes it's bettet to just accept reality. :D

Could be, who knows. I truly don't care... I just came here to prove someone wrong, that's all. :D My point still stands. They could be obsessed with you guys and yet you could just ignore them. However, you guys decide not to.

25. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ah, don't mind me. I'm only in this thread because I have nothing better to do. Besides, I needed some discussion and wherever there is US talk there is always bound to be some ignorance and that provides for good discussions. Still doesn't take away from the fact you guys are madly obsessed with us.