Why BeINsport is a failure - Continued

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by cescfabregas, Jan 9, 2013.

1. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Between the scheduling ******** ups and the inability to get beinplay to work properly Im pretty sure we can figure it out. I just liked the channel better when it was buying the rights to everything and giving people very public middle fingers!

2. #SnipeHunt

#SnipeHunt New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Si!

And no.

Just know that folks on here who like to theorize as to what goes on there are completely clueless.
    Completely.

It's good for some chuckles - but not much more.

That's all I can and will say.

Ciao!

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  3. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nope.

Just "BEIN2" for now.

4. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You signed up just to tell us this?

I can confidently tell you what goes on at bein - morons walking around with their thumbs up the ahole. This is a fact even boca and minduchio agree with.

5. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Its funny how BeIn can have one of their interns or probably even one of their on air talent(less) just to let us know that Bein is doing something that none of us can figure out. All I do know is that Bein has the rights to 5 European leagues and decides to air about 4-5 matches a day on a saturday or sunday when it could air 8-10 if they wod show matches on delay. They think people will accept 30 minute versions of matches. And people havent been able to access their online (which doesnt feature replay options) offerings for 2 weeks.

Im not sure if there is some type of rocket science going on behind the scenes but if you guys are working so hard over there Im pretty sure that no one is seeing the results. I would hate to see what would get done if there wasnt such "amazing things" going on behind the scenes at Bein because Im not impressed with the miracles you are pulling off now.

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their financials are public record (though it takes a while for them to be public). They did lose money the last year for which records are available, IIRC, though they tend to do better in World Cup years, I believe.

7. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am watching the Roma vs Verona match and during the commercials at halftime they have put on an announcement saying that beIn has just acquired the rights to broadcast Copa do Brazil. So add yet another checkmark to the ever growing list of soccer properties in the beIn stable. Copa do Brazil is not the Brazilian league (Brasileirao), it is their national cup such as Coppa Italia or Copa del Rey, however Copa Brazil, if i remember correctly, is not a short tournament. It works itself out over several months (March to November starting this season).
    Add yet another log to the 90 in 30 pile or the computer streaming list........

8. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Those games are in midweek at nightime, so don't expect any 90 in 30s, here, m8 ;)

tigersoccer2005 repped this.
  9. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank goodness---thank you for the info:thumbsup:

10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    1:22pm ET and BOTH beINSport channels have gone DARK!! ??????????????????

SA

11. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what the? beIn has suddenly gone gray right in the middle of the broadcast of the Roma-Verona match!:eek:
    It doesn't appear to be a Fios problem since I just switched the channel and NBC Sports is working just fine.

12. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Any update to the rumor that beIN is changing their name to beIN theDARK ? Works on a few different levels with the current issue at 1:28 EST and the Serie A/Championship fans barely getting access to their leagues.

13. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    socceraction listed the game going dark at 1:22--i now have 1:31 by my watch and Ray Hudson is doing a review of the match. i guess they made him do damage control from the announcer's booth.

update: the signal is now back at 1:33---freakin' ten minutes of the match missed.....

14. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the score reads roma 3- verona 0
    we missed a goal during the 10 minute blackout :cry::thumbsdown:

15. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what the heck? they interrupted the game to put a station bumper!!o_O

16. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Finally you take a break from your day time job of repping every post on this board and offer up an incoherent statement. "Don't expect 90 in 30s m8 (what the hell does this mean btw)". Oh, thanks for pointing this out. Of course anyone with half a brain, cannot but see bein slow descent into abject state of mediocrity. The words are elusive to describe these potentates and their madness.

To your point, in your limited mind - viewers should expect what?

17. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess he's saying that since those games happen on weeknights that there is no rational reason why beIn should decide to not show them live in their entirety. Then again we are not beIn management. They may just be weird enough to decide to leave whatever programming they show on weeknights and relegate these games to taped 90 in 30's shown in different time slots. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  18. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Obviously, no worries here when it comes to decision-making by the oligarchs. Their insistence on putting a finger in everyone's face by throwing around money they have no rights to in the first place is sure a consolation. RBN in his/her infinite wisdom employed the coverage of other leagues as a benchmark to reach this logical conclusion. Brilliant!

19. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guys cmon i can tell u confidentally that you dont have any idea of what is going on behind the scenes at Bein. Alright just this once, Phil Schoen sat on a switch and the picture went out for 10 minutes..

BocaFan repped this.
  20. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Just"? They've been showing Copa do Brazil for weeks.

21. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow! it was a commercial hyping up that beIn now has Copa do Brazil.
    I guess the commercial must be a few weeks old. I only started to watch beIn now for the start of Serie A and that commercial popped up out of nowhere today. In the summer the last time I saw beIn was for the South American qualifiers.

22. xzchief

xzchief New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Then drop dead. Take your "I have a secret and I won't tell" children attitude to the grave with you.

bigtw64 repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was having the same exact issue. I contacted beIN's twitter feed and they said to use a different browser. I said I tried it on 4 browsers, including an iPad they then said to contact their tech support. So clueless.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I used their streaming service this weekend to watch the Catania/Inter game: almost HD-like quality...as long as I didn't have any other tabs open (Google Chrome, btw). The only issue was that the stream would freeze every 10 minutes, for which I'd have to hit "refresh" and the problem would be solved...until it happened again.

'Anyone else experience this or something similar?