Whould you like to see Talavera play w/Chivas USA?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Chivo, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    I think Talavera is a much superior goaly than Guzan, so yes.

2. Octavius Agustus

Octavius Agustus New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    33RD sTREET
    How old is Talavera, 22? Their about the same age that's for sure.

He is light years ahead of Guzan, but I don't think he's going to L.A.

Guzan seems quiet, unsure of himself, and not very athletic. 8 goals in 3 games is not going to boost his confidence either.

3. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    I would say yes.

Imo Oswaldo Sanchez (31 years old) has at least 2 seasons or so secured for starter, and Talavera would either get traded or sat on the bench. I'd rather him stay in the Chivas organization and play with Chivas USA get some more experience, help Chivas USA greatly , show Guzan how its done. And then when Oswaldo steps down, Talavera can pick up the reins.

In the time he played he showed that he has Great Potential and skill, the first game I remember that he replaced Oswaldo, was in El Clasico and I remember him having to stop Cuauhtemoc Blanco's PK , he played mind games with the hunchback and stopped his shot. Thats clutch , guzan has not even an ounce of what talavera has.

4. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Listen, of course everyone would, but it's not going to happen, especially with Chivas in Copa Libertadores.

What if Oswaldo gets hurt again?

Hell, a more viable question would be whether we'd rather have that Sergio Garcia guy who was Talavera's backup when Oswaldo was injured.

5. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    I'm Afraid Cruz Azul will go after Talavera, with Perez aging they need a keeper. I'd rather him stay in the organization with Chivas USA then get swooped by a team in the MFL.

6. Rudy R9

Rudy R9 New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Estadio Azteca
    Talavera,Cruz Azul, that would be great!! I'd rather see talavera with Chivas Usa that on the bench. It would benefit both sides, Chivas ,and chivas usa.

7. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Would I like to see him here? Yes..

but without question Henry Ring would be a better fit like another poster had stated sometime last week...

8. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    There is no chance in hell that Guzan is better than Talavera.

9. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    guzan is one of the slowest, least skilled goalies i have seen in mls

the kid is terrible

10. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Who's Talavera?

11. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Alfredo Talavera Díaz
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    - DOB: September 18, 1982
    - Nationality: Mexican
    - Weight: 85.00 kg.
    - Height: 1.88 mts.
    - First game played: August 24th, 2003 (Pachuca 2-0 Chivas)

Plays for Chivas Guadalajara as a back up to Osvaldo Sanchez who is also the Mexican National Team Goalkeeper. Future heir to the GK position with Chivas Guadalajara
    For more info on Talavera you can visit

It's in Spanish though...sorry...

have I mentioned I hate Guzan?? Just want to make sure everyone knows that.... :cool:

12. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    He is the backup keeper for CD Guadalajara, he replaces Oswaldo Sanchez who if you don't know is the MNT Keeper. He replaced Oswaldo last year in the Super Clasico, and he played great the entire InterLiga tourney to qualify us to Libertadores and the beggining of this tournament. He really stepped it up and didn't fold under pressure even though he had big ass shoes to fill.

13. masterchiva

masterchiva New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Dallas
    No I don't want Talavera in MLS because he's got a bright future with the real Chivas... perhaps Sergio Garcia or bring back Alfredo Toxqui.

14. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    Yes, I would like. I would like many other things, but this probably won't happen.
    There is no doubt, in my mind, that Guzan is sorry. Were he half the goalie Talavera is, CD Chivas USA would be doing much better.