Who's Your Favorite Cloud in the Sky

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Mookie141, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm an inqusitive being and I know the ladies could use a little pick me up, so I thought I'd create a place where SBFC fans could state or discuss their favorite SBFC player or leave them with a few words of encouragement if they're having a rough stretch.

2. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'll go first. My favorite player is......
    [​IMG]
    Natasha Kai. You may not have heard of her, she keeps a very low profile. Energetic, fun, humorous, yet classy. :cool:

I also think Christie Rampone is pretty EPIC.

3. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well I'm not going to be very original 'cause mine is Kai too. Lets have another picture ^^

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]I saw her a few years ago on Eurosport for the first time. I don't remember what tournament but I never saw anybody else (man or woman) enter the field with so much energy. I don't know her ofcourse but she seems fun and sweet; and I like her tattoos, she's hot, etc... but above all I 'adore' her style of play and flair on the field. I wish she can stay healthy for the rest of the games so she can show her skills again and can end the season with a good feeling.

I also want to mention Daphne Koster. She's the first of the Netherlands in the WPS and although I'm from Belgium and Belgians and Dutch aren't always best friends ;), I think everybody in the Low Countries who is involved with womens soccer is proud of her and supports her to do well.[/FONT]

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Not to make this a Kai worship thread but she's my fav also.

[​IMG]
    Warning: If pic don't show up bare with me this is the first time I'm inserting a pic

5. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Little Heather O'Reilly is also a favorite of mine. She's a constant worker, polite, kind, very great sense of humor. I also love how she participates in Tasha's shenanigans or creates her own. She has the most unique action shots out of most of the female football players. She also hit that championship winning shot.

[​IMG]

6. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAO - Here too, known her since she played a season for Charlie Naimo @ the Wildcats... Great person and once gave me the shirt off her back....

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I think Rampone came back too quickly from her pregnancy this season, she has been under-appreciated for many, many years. For all the Solo made great saves stuff of the '08 Olys final, it was Rampone that was my player of the match for her organziation & (more importantly) recovery & 1v1 defending skills. She was everywhere in that game. Of course, I'll always have a special fondness for the various Heels on the SBFC team, too.

8. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree, but I know she tried so hard to come back faster because she wanted to be there for her team. One of the things that I admire about Christie is that I always joke is that: "She made it from the back of the Wheaties box to the front." Yes I know the Nats 1999 WC team was actually famously featured on the front cover of Sports Illustrated, but it's just something about that that speaks volumes to me. I'll never forget that during that 2007 Brazil beating she was one of if not the only player who never gave up not once during the whole match.

AND she's a good mother.......who knew? ;)

[​IMG]

9. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Crazy, crazy season! There were some down spots that made me want to beat my head against a wall but through it all my love for this team grew even more. Thank you to all the ladies, especially those who stepped up a put there asses on the line. It didn't end perfectly but I think it needed to end this way for the lesson to be learned.

Christie you finally have your life back............until Pia comes calling. A captain in every sense of the word. You are the anchor of this team and I'm glad you've kept your sanity long enough to lead it in the best direction that you've seen fit.

Natasha "Pineapple Princess" Kai, if Christie's the brains you are most certainly the heart. While you hit a bit of a block this season you were able to push through it as always. Don't beat yourself up. Fans love and most importantly respect you. Many people want to give you up for one of the flavors of the month, but I know you'll be back in the Nats before they know what hit them. Keep fighting! The Cobra Kai Revolution has only just begun.

HAO solid all season as always. You don't have the galmorus role/postion but there's not doubt that you put in work and contribute.

K-Bard you really put the break in "tough break", but in the short amount of games you played this season you really did some amazing things.

Rick, that was a hell of a mess you had to clean up and I don't care what anyone else says I think you did a good job!

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YAY! Mookie is back in town!!

11. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turned down Oprah? Dang. You know, she really could be a huge breakout personality/star/what have you. She's got a look & great personality (and of course soccer skill) that she could really market. But I guess that's not what it's about for her.

13. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008