Who's the next to go?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by UWHusky, Aug 5, 2002.

1. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    My little sister is accusing me of wanting to "make the Foudy household poor." :p

Can you blame me?

Okay, okay, maybe Ian deserves another chance given his accomplishments last year. But since I have no actual say in any of this, what the heck. It's just for fun. Realistically, I hope we don't have to fire Ian, but the man needs to come to his senses.

PS Since I could only list 6 options, I left out Krikorian and McDermott. If you want to vote for them, you're crazy.

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Kevin Crow is already leaving the Spirit at the end of the season to become the league's COO.

Oh....Hoffman and Ducilli are the next to go.

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    McDermott's not a good coach.

She got lucky with her picks. Go ahead, take out Hege Riise for a game and see what happens.

A good coach should not let their team fall apart when only one player is taken away.

4. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    We wouldn't know, cause we whip their butts with or without Riise :D :p

Paul

5. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I knew Crow was interim, but since when is he going to be the COO? I missed that one.

Was Duccilli only interim as well? I wouldn't be surprised if Jay were to go. Fear, is that speculation, or have you heard something?

Whether or not McDermott is any good, her jobs looks pretty safe. You don't fire a coach after her team is the first to clinch a playoff spot.

I should have entitled this poll "Who should be the next to go," since I intended to ask not just who you think will be the next to go, but also who you think should be the next to go. I might even throw in a vote for Stone, just for him being so dang creepy.

6. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    how is stone creepy?

7. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    As has been pointed out, Crow is gone. Stone is loved by the fans (er... Beat fans), the players, and the administration. I think Boston could do for a change.

8. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Ahem. :D Can there be such a thing as 'co-first'?

She's certainly not the coach of the year; how can you be that when you go 0-fer-2002 (so far) to the guy whose team sits above you in first place?

Paul

9. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    When do the banshees wail??

Geez, Louise! And after totally screwing over San Diego Crow is made COO? It's "the genius of Lynn Morgan" once again. He fired a coach in the middle of the season and hired himself. Now he has a fool for a boss. Juarez was 2-4-2 this year. Crow has been 2-7-2. Attendance-wise, they havn't had a sell-out all year, have they? (in a small stadium) And they've had a couple of games in the 4K range. He should get out of town - I'm surprised he has this kind of opportunity. As a GM, Crow totally screwed up, and now one of his jobs will be overseeing all the GMs in the league. :rolleyes: Only in a single-entity league could this happen. If he had to answer to a team owner, he might well get fired himself. And he gets to hire both the new coach and the new GM. That belongs in 'Ripley's Believe it or Not'. Who's in charge, here???

The next coach to go should be Ducilli who's an interim coach anyway. McDermott's record is mixed, but going from worst to almost first should be enough to keep her job. Washington has done well enough lately that Gabarra probably won't be exiled to Missouri just yet.

Stone is a rock-head. Always has been, always will be. I said that when he was hired. The fact that Beast fans like him says a lot about Beast fans.

10. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    WARNING: Ranting is beginning

I don't think Ian should go because he has done some great stuff, but I voted for him anyway. In no way do I think he will be the next to go (due to the mentioned Crow schite, and NY and Boston possibly needing some changes). I voted for Ian because of the part that said "don't get me and other 'Rays fans started about him benching Frenchie and Di". Because that crap is totally rediculous, and I have no idea what the ************ he thinks he's doin. Di and Frenchie are easily in the top 6 defenders on the team (w/ Boof, Thori, Borg, Brandi). And Di has been doin well at defensive mid. I just don't understand why they are not even playing half as much as they should. What a travesty! Come on Ian! :rolleyes:

Ranting over. Thank you.

11. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Re: When do the banshees wail??

As I said in another thread, maybe Morgan is going to have to eat Crow. :D

12. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Hmm, Jay Hoffman is leading with nearly 48% of the vote.

At least they waited until the season was over.

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    During last nights very boring Freedom v Power match, Susan Marenhoff said something to the effect that today was when the Power would begin evaluating the future of the Power organization. I would expect something to happen within the team within the next week or so.

14. bones

bones New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    baltimore
    In my opinion, Krikorian. Undefeated, even without Smith, and couldn't even come in first place in regular season. Very erratic coach. He can recruit, but cannot make it work.

15. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    So youre saying that Washington, Atlanta, and San Jose should all get new coaches also, cause they had the talent but could not achieve first place in the regular season?

16. bones

bones New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    baltimore
    No, I'm not saying that! Krikorian has blown it two years in a row. I can only quote him as saying "I've got to win it this year" What that means between him and his GM, I don't know"