Who's the best player in the portuguese league?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Benfica_fan, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Who do you think is the best player in the Portuguese league?

Personally, I think Simao is. He has speed, great fakes, great passing and finishing ability. He is a complete package.

2. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    I gotta go with Simao, too. I think he is going to really break out this year. I expect him to be our starting left wing in Euro 2004.

3. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Yah, I agree hes going to be a force to be reckoned with for the future selecao!

4. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    He will be. I think hes going to replace Sergio conceicao/ or Joao pinto!

5. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    IMO, he will replace Sergio on the left wing. I think the JVP/Rui Costa will be replaced over time (WC 2006, not Euro 2004) by Viana. However, since you have to try to get Viana some time, I expect him to play a holding central midfielder role, rather than an attacking role. The only reason I say that is because I know Rui Costa has some very good soccer left in him.

6. No doubt Simao is it, and i hope he will prove it this
    season.
    Quote:
    I have still missed him in the WC.

7. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    You're not the only one!

8. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Was Simao even on the world cup squad? Cause he should be......

9. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    He would have been, but he tore up his knee in the friendly against Finland.

10. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada

right.........I remember hearing something about that. Thanks reminding me........:)

11. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    boy this poll isn't mouro biased at all!

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    It was not Finland guys it was a 4-1 lost to Denmark. Close but no cigar, you guys need the old men memory.

13. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    Frank we lost 4-1 to Finland. Forsell, Kolkka and Litmanen x2 scored the goals for the Finns.

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I guess my memory is going, I'm sorry guys, but Simao is also my choice, no hard feelings, thank god there is no money around to buy him, special the teams in Italy they seem they in worse shape.

15. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    I think we should have more players on this poll from the South!!! God knows!!! Only good football exists in the south right guys!!!!

16. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    I cant beleive we lost to finland............Damn that was shameful..........:mad:

17. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    We have to take a look a things and see what can we do to correct the mistake made in previous games. Players with talent we have plenty but the important part is to put all the pieces together.

18. jp77

jp77 New Member

Apr 18, 2002
    USA- CT
    Capucho is the best

I think it's Capucho, he's very under-rated. He holds the ball superbly, serves deadly crosses and is very calm. He's getting a little older now though, so maybe DECO is the best in the league.

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Capucho? give me a brake, his over the hill, is done capuchi.

20. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    what about Jardel? Has he left yet? Or do they have to be Portuguese...

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Jardel lost it, its a fiasco I wish he pick a team and leave Portugal, enough is enough, he was boo at the airport when he arrive from Spain yesterday, if he don't leave soon I got a feeling his going to get chase away, I wish he leave in top of the World, but his getting were he deserves.

22. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    DECO!!! BY FAR!!!!!

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Deco is a good player but is a hacker. I use to coach soccer he does unnecessary things in the field. He was the reason Derlei and Eder got into a fight, remember who got Figo hurt last year? I can name five other incident's but this enough.
    I pull for Porto in the UEFA cup or whenever they play international teams, I don't only see red.

24. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Deco??

Are you kidding? Deco, he isn't even the best player on his team let alone the league. Capucho?? To say he is over the hill is giving him to much credit. He was never on the hill to start. Simao is my vote.

25. PortoMarco

PortoMarco New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Montreal/Porto
    The way I see it, when the player who hurt FIGO admitted that he was the player who challenged FIGO, then it was that player that did it. Get it out of your head, it was not DECO who hurt FIGO, but rather SODERSTROM. HELL SODERSTROM ADMITTED IT!