Who's the best coach/manager?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Gerrit, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not if you go on and do nothing that's worth talking about. Like Mourinho, he has to win with another team to be considered great. Right now it looks like that Porto shit was a fluke because he completely dropped the ball at Chelsea and Inter are playing like crap.

2. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    He won Chelsea's first league title in 50 years or something like that!! How long has he been at Inter? Half a season? Does he not deserve a bit more time to sort it out?

I have to say. I think you have been talking utter sh1te on this thread. Complete and utter bollocks.

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Anyone could have won a league title with the kind of money they spent to improve that team. You don't take that into consideration? What players a team has is irrelevant? They had the best goalie in the league by far. They had the best defense in the league by far. They had the best midfield in the league by far. And they had Drogba up front. You'd have to be a pretty pathetic coach to avoid winning with that team.

4. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Not anyone did though. Do you really think it's some sort of luck that gets these guys into the top jobs?

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What he did with Porto got him that job. He got fired at Chelsea because he failed. If he doesn't do something he will get his ass fired at Inter as well.

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I might also add that no one in football history has used as much money as Mourinho did and not won the Champions League. He managed to do that. Which means he was a failure.

7. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Do you not think firing him from Chelsea was a bit of a stupid thing to do considering the amount of success he had?

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Having spent £500m with just two titles to show for it, no I don't think so. The objective here was winning the Champions League. They didn't even get to the final until after he left if I'm not mistaken. It was time for something new. Could you imagine Mourinho at the club right now with no money to buy everything he wants? The whining. The sulking. He'd probably have left by himself.

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    That is the only time we haven't made the knock-out stages of the CL in the last 12-13 years. We have won the most games in the CL era. That is consistency for you.
    Unfortunately, the inability to adapt tactically has led to regular losses in the QFs and SFs.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In terms of number of CL games played each season, Man Utd are the most consistent. I'll give you that. Though I don't know how relevant that is. Between their 2 CL triumphs they lost basically to the first good team they encountered each time.

11. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Tad harsh. It was basically an inability to win 2-legged ties; we did tend to beat most of the good teams that we used to encounter in the group stages (recall that there were 2 group stages earlier so it was fairly likely to have one of the big clubs in your group).

12. ricedd

ricedd New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Scolari is the man.
    He often starts not good in the teams he works. Just give him some time and you will see!

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    £500m??? :confused:

14. TopDrawer

TopDrawer New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think it's fair to include the money used to purchase a club and pay off its debts....

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, if we're going to do that you'd have to cost ManU in at about £1Bn. Probably quite a bit more.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Transfers
    2004 160.900.000 €
    2005 91.425.000 €
    2006 94.700.000 €
    2007 62.900.000 €

Plus the increase in salary expenses must have out of this world during those four summers. So £500m sounds about right to me.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's obviously not included. Then it would be alot higher then £500m.

18. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    .this year, the coach of barca and also sir alex

19. markluvceltic

markluvceltic New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    VA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even though i hate man u more than anybody, i cant lie. fergie is the best right now... but in all time? ha! ya right! JOCK STEIN! LISBON LIONS!!!

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Divide those figures by 3 and multiply by 2 and you're not far off.

http://www.chelseafootballclub.net/transfernews.htm

Plus the losses accumulated before RA appeared of about £80m makes a total of around £400-£440m including the cost of buying the clubs, i.e. less than half what the people who bought ManU have spent if it's relevant... which, of course, it isn't.

We're discussing managers as you've clearly forgotten. :rolleyes:
    LOL

Oh, I'm sorry... I forgot. The club you support don't pay their players, do they. They play at weekends whilst going down the mines during the week or being nurses and taking meals to elderly shut-ins. :D
    Yes, but, as we've already proved, that's because you're an idiot. :)

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My figures are correct.
    What the hell does that mean? We are talking about what the manager spent. You're obviously not the smartest fatty around eh.
    What are you 12 years old? "LOL"? Were you really "LOL"ing? Loser.
    Did I say my team don't pay vages? Are you an idiot? Apparently.
    An American calling me an idiot. That's rich. I almost "LOL"ed a bit too.

22. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    An American...from Shropshire?

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He's obviously American. I don't care what he says.

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So you haven't actually got any proof of your statements or an argument against my points, other than to say I'm a fat American child?
    Didn't you know? Shropshire's the 51st State. :D
    Yeah, let's not confuse the issue with all that nasty reality business, eh!

Great stuff :D

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If you don't think £500m has been spent on Chelsea since Abramovic bought the club you're crazy. What is the dept at now anyway? £800mil? £1bil?