Who's Portugal's next best? Seriously Now!

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by CrisRicHeldTiago, Nov 1, 2004.

1. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I've heard some news on the following players...Varela, Almeida, Bruno Gama, Vieirinha, Manuel Fernandes, Veloso, Moutinho, Marcio Sousa, Fabio Paim, etc...

Which will become as good or better than the current crop of NT players....Pauleta, C. Ronaldo, Quaresma, Figo, Deco, Maniche, Costinha, Carvalho, Miguel, Andrade, Moreira????

2. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Everyone but Veloso will play one day in the National team.

3. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    The best is probably Bruno Gama... he's got everything. He should be playing with Porto right now... we are very weak in wingers. Other then Quaresma we don't have much. Calling up Bruno gama would be good.

4. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    From all the players you mentioned, Fernandes is the only one who already did something at the highest level. To be one of the most important players for Benfica with 18 years old you need to be a very special talent.

5. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    seriously, i put my money on totti! hes that one player that comes once every ten years. next to ronalodo and quaresma big fans of them. development is the key to success and if totti gets that treatment then hel'l be portugals next star. this is based only for what ive seen i cant speak for the other players. totti is magic and seems to be in love with the sport thats always a good thing. when 2006 comes portugal will have a bunch of nucleus of players its hard to tell who will be that good. :)

6. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    The list has alot of young talent. I've seen alot of Manuel Fernandes' games and he is the real deal. I think Manuel Fernandes has a good chance of being on the National Team for the 2006 World Cup (if Portugal qualifies). Most of the other players on the list should be playing at the highest level with their clubs within the next 2 years so we will have a better idea of how good they will be.

7. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    Have you seen Totti play?

8. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    Ill go with the new maradona

9. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We seem to forget about a certain defensive midfielder playing for Sporting. Custodio. He has been playing great again recently, even scored a goal.

With the injury to Costinha and the style of play that the National team plays (2 trincos) look for him to get a call up soon. He has been a regular with the under 21's.

I would like to see how he plays along side Maniche. He is a very smart player and great defensively.

10. CrisRicHeldTiago

Sep 13, 2004
    Who are u referring to?

11. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Maricio Sousa

12. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Has anybody even seen these kids play?

13. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've seen most of these players play a couple games for the U-16 and U-17 National Teams.

14. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Where?

15. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Only on RTPI :).

16. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My dad has RTPI but i've never seen any U-16 or U-17 games on!

17. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Big wuz up to the peeps in Conneticut, i've got some cousins in Nantucket(not sure about the spelling)

18. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sup kid. Nantucket is actually a Massachusettes Island, but close enough :).

19. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sometimes RTPI shows the U-16 and U-17 games when they are playing in tournaments.

20. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Yap, That's right, Veloso is sooooooooooooooooooooo bad, only reputation of his dad

21. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Dont forget ednilson, he was senior capped at 17 years old, and after that, he's been playing like crap, he isn't a starter for Gil Vicente