whos out?

Discussion in 'Player' started by hectic, Dec 28, 2005.

1. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    yeah so true.

even though your team is winning and have the ball you still want someone to get the ball and come up your end so you can make a mad save. haha

Im a striker so it was nice seeing the game from behind. I was organising my defense aswell ;) schmeichel styles :D

2. benito camelpene

May 31, 2003
    miami
    thigh muscle strain<---this is a pain in the ass...

3. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    unlucky mate. if its just a strain you shouldnt be out for too long I hope :)

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Came back from a rib injury last wednesday night for indoor. First game back was sore as hell. Played in a kickaround on Saturday and aggrevated my back which is now giving me trouble. We'll see how the back is on wednesday night.

5. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    keeper is actually entertaining. I would always mess around during warmups for all my club teams and jump in goal while our keeper was getting dressed and show off my surprising skill.

in high school my sophomore year, I had to face pks in practice while preparing the day before our state tournament game because both keepers on the team were nursing injuries. but I never had to play thank god. well, until my senior year. our starting keeper was benched for not coming to school or practice the day before, and our backup who started the game took a freekick straight in the face and started bleeding. I was being punished for poor performance in both of our 3 mile runs during practice, so I was on the bench, and got put in goal.(two 3 mile runs, the day after a night match, with a game the next afternoon = ridiculous) I made a bunch of saves, and even got my picture in the newspaper making one. :cool:

6. FCBayern1613

FCBayern1613 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I had a fractured shin when i was about 7 years old and went to a doctor and gave me a crazy looking thing and told me if i play wear it, and of course i didnt. Still to this day at 15 my shin from my knee to like 4in. from my foot is normal, but from the 4in. down it drops down.

7. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    i've been lucky to never really have any bad injuries. i was shooting around a couple days ago, and my left ankle wasn't bothering me any. i'll just hope and pray that nothing happens this spring in travel or, even worse, fall during my senior year of high school. *knock on wood*

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

please reword where u said: Still to this day at 15 my shin from my knee to like 4in. from my foot is normal, but from the 4in. down it drops down.

9. keeph

keeph New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    obvioulsy i'm injury,as usual
    nothing serious,just a calf strain, but i gotta say i've been f****** unlucky so far:
    2 ACL + medial meniscus at my right knee + medial meniscus at the other one; shattered my ankle and dislocated it many times; broke my right arm; a stress fracture at my left foot; 1 surgery to remove the screws from my right knee and one concussion

i should hung up my boots but i love this sport sooo much...!

10. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    sux to be you man:eek:

doesnt matter though, keep truckin on. your a keeper as well?

11. keeph

keeph New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    no,i usually play as holding midfielder or central back

12. Miller2010

Miller2010 New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    dislocated my shoulder about 2 weeks ago, was playing on an astro turf pitch and it wasnt a serious game so all the tricks and flicks came out, was 1 on 1 with a mate of mine i turned him inside out lol and he just ran me in to the side i fell over and smashed my shoulder on the boards, was pretty painful at the time.

all in good fun :p

13. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

sounds like you were against gattuso lol, just injure him if he gets by lol

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tore my acl last night.

15. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    Torn muscle in my shoulder. I went to practice last night but was forced to watch most of it.

16. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    Yeah that sux fellaz, I been out for 2 weeks so far. got numbness in my left hand and arm and left side of my face. had to see the dr and get triplex heart scan, blood and urine tests. they all came out perfect. I need to get my retinas looked at to make sure there are no blood clots.

I also have chillblaines on my toes :( from the cold. They burn like crazy if I try to juggle the football. I just want them to go away. I have really bad circulation in my feet.:mad:

17. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    :confused: What's that?

18. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    Chilblains is an inflammation of the skin, accompanied by burning and itching. Chilblains usually occur on the smaller toes. However, it can occur on the fingers, face and the nose. A chilblain may also occur on a pressure bearing area such as a bunion.

Chilblains are painful but they cause little or no permanent impairment.

Chilblains are usually caused by an abnormal reaction of the body to the cold. People who have poor circulation, an inadequate diet, or an allergic response to low temperatures are vulerable to chilblains.

The circulation in my feet is really bad, and I had an ankle problem and was strapping my ankle so hard there was no bloody going to my toes plus it was during winter whilst training in the snow and applying ice on my ankle after training aswell. All those things cut off the circulation and thats how I got chilblains.

You know when you watch movies of guys in antarctica or in the freezing cold and their face and fingers are burnt, theyre chilblains, theyre a fukin bitch:mad:

19. Craps

Craps New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Valencia
    just got back from a broken nose...was diving on a ball and the forward kicked me in the face.

and ive got osgood schlatters disease in both knees

20. josene

josene New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey Guys! BigSoccer Newbie here. Injuries suck. Just picked up an injury last week-left ankle sprain. This was 3 weeks into playing the winter season in January. And I just came back from recovering with another ankle sprain on my right ankle. I haven't had ankle twists or sprains in the past. I was trying to figure what changed. I've been playing a lot on Field Turf, so that wasn't the issue. But, I did change boots--Copas, after recommendations that you can't go wrong with this boot. Previous to those Copas, I was using an adidas boot with blades and had no problems. After recovering from this sprain(maybe 4-6 weeks), I am switching to my adidas blades and maybe starting playing with my turf shoes. Anybody had traction problems with their Copas on field turf? Happy recovery to all!

21. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    my lower back has been killin me for the last week and a half(right side) and its been keeping me from playing...it kills when i move laterly and when i jump and stuff .. anyone know what it is? i went to a doctor and hes like just keep off it .. didn really say what it was.. i believe its a muscle oull .. could that be it?

22. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    deja ********en vu mine is the exact same right now, if it hurts that bad you need to go to a sports doctor and get it checked out..i've had 2 problems with my lower back already, and they kept me out for a total of 3 months..just go to a sports medicine doctor and have them check it out is my best advice..

23. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I had that a few years ago. A player collided with me, and as I was sprawling, I managed to hold myself up with my left hand- but felt sharp pain through my back. I went to a doctor, and I had x-rays done, numerous MRIs(they messed up the first one lol). I basically pulled the muscles in my lower back, but I also had a minor fracture as well. Turned out that it was attributed to my hamstrings being naturally tight, and weak back and abdominal(belt-line) muscles. it was awful though. I played for 4 months of high school soccer. towards the end of the season, I had to lay across the seats of the bus on rides home from games to reduce the pain. My school trainer did exercises with me, but nothing worked. My best friends during the season were icy hot and biofreeze. and at home, I took the shape of everything I sat it. I couldn't stand up straight after sitting for short periods of time lol.

like tscboys said, go see a sports doctor. depending on the extent of your injury, they might put you through physical therapy.. that's what I had to do. it was only for a month(3 times a week)or so though, which wasn't too bad compared to when I pulled my hip flexor(3 months). what they did with me was worked on proper warming up of the muscles(in the beginning a heating pad, progressing to stationary bike) and making sure I was stretched well. then, different types of light weight training, followed with some jogging, and finishing with more stretching and abdominal work. then icing.

since then, I haven't had any reocurring problems.

24. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    ^^ i have been going to a sports medicine doctor.. i just now came back(after i typed my above post) and they re assed me and said i have a bad strain and im now being put on a core strengthin programe ( i always thought i had a strong core .. guess not :S) im also going through some physio

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm out of my indoor game this week due to a concussion I picked up a week before in my league game.