whos out?

Discussion in 'Player' started by hectic, Dec 28, 2005.

1. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    come on fellaz, whos out there injured atm?

whats yer injury and howd u do it?

I just rolled my ankle for a second time :mad: should be out for atleast a week or 2 me thinks... :(

I recovered from not that bad a roll before from a few weeks ago but rolled it even worse tonight.

I hate playing on turf, doesnt give at all.

2. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    i think i effed up my left ankle during high school season. i blocked a hard shot from close range with my foot. the ball turned my ankle and it hurts when i shoot around sometimes now.

but i'm a tough centerback so pitiful injuries don't stop me. ;)

3. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sounds like an ankle sprain.
    I know what you mean by the last thing you said buuut sometimes being "tough" can be stupid. Don't wanna mess around with injuries and make them worse by messing up your ligaments!

On a side note, i'm recovering from a broken rib due to someone bashing me into the boards during an indoor game. Been playing with it recently but it sucks a lot.

4. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    yeah you do have to be careful. Im definately ganna see the physio today just to make sure. plus i have a trial coming up soon and i wanna be ready for it, so i think ill get some treatment.

that sucks man. I hope you got revenge. thats heaps dirty play.

5. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    Yesterday was my first indoor game, and I'm pretty bruised up from getting hit into the wall. I did a pretty sweet bicycle kick though so it's all good. Indoor is a lot harder than outside. I have that knee condition that I don't know how to spell, and running on turf really aggrevated it. That, and Im out of shape since the outside season ended last month. Oh and I got my ankle run over by a golf cart. And I've been sick for some time now with a sinus infection and a sore throat.

6. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    Osgood Schlatters disease is a condition where the bony protrusion below the knee (called the tibial tuberosity) becomes inflamed. The patella tendon inserts here and through overuse can tug away at the bone causing inflammation. New bone grows back causing a bony lump. It mainly affects boys aged 10 to 16 years old.

Is that it? :confused: thats the only one i can think of

after playing on turf for like almost 2 years now its starting to ruin my knees to :(

7. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    damn you've been banged up

8. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    Yeah, that's it. I've had it since I was 10, and I'm 13 now. I'll probably have to have knee replacement when I'm older. I've played soccer of 8 1/2 years, and it really takes a toll on my knees. Whenever it gets cold it hurts to walk, but I'll play until I cannot walk anymore. During winter practice, I put some of that icy-hot stuff on them and it works pretty well.

9. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    yeah two of my mates have it. ones stopped playing the other has all sorts of injury problems. the only advice i can think of is to just take care of yer knees, heat em up before you play and ice them after :(

hasnt Craig Bellamy got like completely shot knees to? like when he wakes up in the morning he cant bend them or something so hes gotta put heat packs on both of them to get them going. I dunno if this is true sounds pretty intense. can anyone clarify?

10. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    hey you're on a.u. capitals huh?

11. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    Craig Bellamy has had a lot more problems than just his knees :rolleyes:

but seriously, I've come to accept that when I'm older I'm going to be old and crippled with all types of arthritis from playing soccer- but I never really thought much about the Osgood's past that I have the lump in my knee. I guess it's mainly because it hasn't really hindered me in my play much, except that this summer I developed patella tendonitis(still think it's a misdiagnosis). I was overly active- had about 4 games every weekend, and I was rarely if ever subbed out. But, it's only really bad when it gets smacked in the right spot. and I've been going to the gym for over a month now, doing a lot of running and lifting and my knee hasn't swelled at all like during summer so I'm guessing things are fine down there.

12. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sidelined for the last 7 1/2 months recovering (operation & physical therapy) from a ruptured achilles playing in a pickup game (coaches game). I'm cleared to play right now, but I'll stay away from indoor and wait until outdoor this spring. So I figure I'll be out at least another 4 months.

13. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usually if you try to come back from an injury too soon you'll pay. I say usually 'cause I'm the exception. I fractured my ankle on a Saturday(lost my footing on a slippy surface), and was walking again 24 hours later, and played a game on the Thursday after. Ama soldier. :cool:

14. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    soldier now, war vet by the time your 25 :cool:

hehe just joking matey:D

15. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The day i cannot get off my bed is the day i dont play. I never get injured and i play through many injuries, i am used to it and i only rolled my ankle ounce when i was younger, the rest of the times i had to be feeling really dizzy and sick not to play. I thinkive gone 3 seasons starting and finisheing games without injuries. stretch and you dont get these problems. Go in HArd for the ball becasue if you dont your opponent will and they will level you. thats my theory

16. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    I got mono and now im out for another 2-4 weeks depending on what the doctor says on wendnesday, not exactly an injury but still holding me out..

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

mono? whats that?? can you walk... can you jump... can you sprint... can you still think.. can you see ? if you said yes to them theres no excuse you shouldnt play in my opinion

18. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    It's a disease, and i can do all of those, but if i get hit in the stomach, my spleen'll rupture and i'll probably die..so doctors dont want me playing..

19. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    that's a good idea.

20. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oook then when ur life is at risk that can be an excuse lol. get well soon and get back in form by playing soccer by just yourself.

21. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On second thoughts, dont play.

Seriously though I've heard of that disease but never knew it was that serious, get well man. ;)

22. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    it's only really serious when it's not in the dormant state. but, get well soon.

23. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    haha thanks for all the well wishes, I'm pretty sure im getting over it mostly now, gonna suck when i come back though, worse shape of my life.

24. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    I trained tonight on my own at training with the team. then joined in a game as keeper, full borrowed some gloves was mad, only let in 2 first half then clean sheat in the 2nd of this little game we were playing.

had the time of my life. my ankle felt pretty good. i think if i strap the sh!t outta it I shoulld be able to train normal with the team on wednesday :D

keeper is an awsome posie, you gotta stay warm though :(

25. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lolol did you start hanging upside down off of the crossbar? lol.. thats true you got to stay warm and when your team is dominating i cant even imagine how boring it must be for the keeper