Who's going to the EPL first?

Discussion in 'France' started by panicfc, Sep 27, 2003.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay lets start transfer talk:

Jerome Rothen - star left midfielder from Monaco "the French Beckham"

Djebril Cisse - Liverpool, but when

Phillipe Mexes - does he go to Roma or is is Man U?

Didier Drogba - he's a beast and scores all day long

Any others?

2. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    wasnt mexes rumored to go to Arsenal?

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and Roma.

Plus I'm sure Barca or Real Madrid will make a bid.

4. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    I like Drogba and Mido on Marseille, I can Drogba and Mido on a Bundseliga for some reason

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Out of the 4 you mentioned i think Drogba is the least likely to go first. He just signed with a big club which will lock him up for a while.

6. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    I don't think Drogba leave Marseille soon, and I hope best french players stay in france, we saw this year not a lot of top players gone, I want these players continue to play in the top french teams, I think it's possible...
    But, obviously, few teams like auxerre are formation teams, and it's a fact that players like Boumsong, Mexes or Cissé will leave auxerre soon, they must go in Marseille,Monaco,Lyon,Bordeaux, PSG...
    but I think few of them will leave france(call of money), Sochaux will loose some players too, like the great Benoit Pedretti...

7. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    I put my le make belief euros on Cisse

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the lure of money and excitement will have the best of them leaving for England. Plus we know that Cisse is off to Liverpool. Mexes wants to play in the Champions League and appears to like Roma (if they have a good season).
    Rothen has been chased by the Italian teams, but you now EPL teams are looking at him as well.

I think Pedretti will stay in France - Marseille would be good.

9. ZZ10

ZZ10 New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    PARIS
    I really can't see why Cisse would go to Liverpool - They have Owen, Baros, Heskey (!!), Diouf, Simana Pongolle & Le Tallec who are all forwards.
    He should better go to Man City. He and Anelka would be quite a pair of forwards !!

Mexes will go either to Arsenal or in Italy.
    Drogba...is not french and will stay to OM (hopefully).

10. T3tsuo

T3tsuo New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    that's what i was thinking too. but i don't think simana & le tallec will play for the first team regularly before quite some time. and diouf is more used as an advanced midfield, neh?

don't know. they kind of play the way...

11. magic38

magic38 New Member

there are rumours that boumsong will join liverpool this winter...

12. Snuffy

Snuffy New Member

May 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think any or all of the Auxerre starlets (Cisse, Mexes, Boumsong) will leave the team this winter. Perhaps Cisse is most likely to go to the EPL because of the L'pool talk (although I think that would be a big mistake for him). It's hard to say exactly where guys like that will end up though because there will be bids for them from all over Europe (as well as bigger French clubs).

13. Snuffy

Snuffy New Member

May 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    also, I don't think Drogba will be moving anytime soon. He just got there...

Hopefully, L'OM can go back to being a strong force in Europe as they hold on to their players. If Bayern Munich can manage to do so year after year (despite being in weaker league than EPL, La Liga, Serie A), so can L'OM.

14. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    If Liverpool buys le Boumsong, I do not think they will le get Cisse also.

So I change my sexy mind, and put my le make belief money on Boumsong now.