Who's excited for the new season?

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by MLS SupaStr3, Jan 3, 2006.

1. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i gotta say that i am pretty excited for the new season to start. i have a good chance to finish top 3 in my series. i just bought some new players and unloaded some old guys that have been on the team forever and i'm awfully excited to see how they will do. my team may get a little thin with injuries but i really hope that doesn't happen. so who's siked?

2. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I am as well. Promotees all look to be fairly weak so demotion is less of a threat. And I'm hoping for a long cup run.

3. DrKotoh

DrKotoh Member

May 5, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I'm very exciting about the new season. I'm finally going to be able to sell off my first batch of trainees and I'll finally have a few million dollars to play with. Add to that, if I play my cards right, I should be able to handle every team in my Div. VI series and promote to Div. V with money to spend. Maybe that's a little too far ahead into the future though...

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm excited about not being in my old v series any more. But my new series will be very tough, 4 teams should finish in the top 4 and 4 teams should battle for 5 and 6. Will be either an interesting season or a very long one.

5. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ME! The demotee from D4 was a bot and just got a new owner.

six free points!

I'm going back up! This time I aim to stay.

6. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    You think Hector Blackburn makes me hard? Well, just wait til this season starts.

7. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Should be able to finish in 6th in my first season in V.41

I am looking forward to getting my midfield trainees stronger and making some upgrades. It will also be nice to make a little cup run. I am hoping for round 3.

8. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I'm in for a brutal season. I'm a major underdog in nearly everyone of my games. I may just focus on getting as far in the Cup as possible and then re-assessing my chances of staying in DIV at that point.

What is most likely is that once out of the cup I'll sell my titanic and supernatural forwards in a wage-saving move (over 110K per week right now) and earn interest for Season 29 in DV.

9. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    My goal, which should be realistic, is to earn my third medal in a row and promote to D.VII. Further, I want to survive my first cup game ever and extend my winning streak to 30 games.

The cup game is currently running and I'm up 3-1 after 34 min against a guy who is more than 20000 spots ahead of me in the country ranking. Might become a very high scoring game as his attack totally dominates my defense, but I'm gonna have more possession and a quite offensive lineup myself.

10. rgreene100

rgreene100 New Member

Mar 16, 2005

I'm right there with you except I'm in the same position one division lower.. I'll be a underdog in every match except the two against the recently reset team. It should be fun though...

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am... I've got an excellent chance to win the division. I'm looking forward to putting up decent numbers in midfield and purchasing an uber trainee sometime this season. I hope I can make it to round 4 of the cup. We'll see.

12. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    i'm excited, will finally be selling one or two trainees this season. will be trying to win the series and get promoted if i can.

13. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Not excited at all, my division is even tougher this year than it was last year, and 2 of my first 3 games are on the road against two of the best teams in the division. :(

14. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Only played a few games so far, but I think I'm starting to figure a few things out. Might even give a couple teams a run. I don't really have any goals for performance, right now I am concerned with figuring out the game a little better, balancing my budget to a reasonable extent, and coming up with a squad that isn't completely terrible.

15. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    no big sales this season. just gotta now find a new 17yo pm trainee and start over. All of my money this season will go to a new stadium for next season.

16. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    I'm excited. My first stay in d.v was abysmal (has anyone seen bigbrooklynlou lately?) but I think I can stay up this time. Plus, my schedule is such that I may be able to push for the 4th round of the cup without sinking myself in the series.

17. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much damage in the league this year, hopefully to round 3 in the cup. Going to sell at least my top two middies and maybe the third. So my team is going to finish the year a lot stronger at ever postion but IM which I train.

18. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My series got a bit tougher with our demotee and one of the promotees.

My first 2 games of the season are very winnable for me and could allow me to start the season on good footing for a change.

I will be right in the middle of the mid table battle to avoid (or gain :D ) a qualifier.

19. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my series remains unwinnable, but relegation will not happen again.. i'm looking to steal some point, move up to 5th in what will be a retooling season, albeit highly enjoyable due to the new picks league in my series

Hey helghallen- I think one of your new guys promoted from my series (BurntOrange) good player, a little predictable... whats deportivo metegol like?

20. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    I'm excited. The team that dropped to DIV is a newbie so I have a very real shot at getting promoted. I just need to get enough money for a decent midfield.

21. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    i'm excited since i got dropped into a bot VI series so i wont need to sell anyone all year, so hopefully i can drop them all off towards the end and pick up some major money to do some damage this time in V

22. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    How do you tell if another team is a bot team?

23. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    they have no owner. for example, this team's a bot 228281

24. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very excited over here. My attack ratings should be considerably better this season once my new winger and forward improve their form and my PM training program is really starting to take off.

I'm hoping to make it to the 4th round of the cup and repeat my #2 finish in the league but it'll be tough.

25. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Totally excited. But I'm excited every season. I just love this game. And the promotees to my series should be PIC beatable. Woohoo :)