Review: Who's Better ? Roberto Carlos or Marcelo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by El-CapitanoR7, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Roberto Carlos or Marcelo?

1. Roberto Carlos

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Marcelo

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I always have Roberto Carlos my 1b to Maldini's 1a of greatest ever left backs in the history of football.

So for me to say Marcelo is better I would have to put him in that conversation as well and i don't think I am ready nor is it justified to do so as yet.

2. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what a golden era of footballers that was...

J-Mezzy, Deep Pal, CR7PT and 1 other person repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It reminds me of skaters in the 80s, each had a distinct style. By the mid 90s however skateboarding was mostly just technical skills with much less emphasis on style. Soccer players today are much harder to identify as the personalities on the ball aren't as obvious. I do appreciate technical ability, just not robots like you see on these stupid YouTube videos who lack any personality.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Roberto Carlos without a doubt. I love Marcelo but RC is the GOAT wingback. Hes the archetype that set a standard in that position which hasnt been attained since hum. Marcelo is a better playmaker, and that fact makes him very unorthodox threat, but the bulk of playmaking is still the midfield's job. As a fullback Roberto had everything you need, his shooting, speed and flair was just spectacular. Marcelo adds so much to the team, but Roberto added even more.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Closing this thread as it has run it's course. In the future, keep these discussions either in the player's thread or in the general RM thread. If a thread is opened up for every current vs. past player comparison the forum will be flooded.

Crimson repped this.