Whos better, LeBron Or Carmelo?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Machetazo, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    Who's better LeBrick or Carmelo?
    From the highlights i have seen, LeBrick is shotting horribly, they dont show much of Carmelo though.

2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    who won an NCAA championship?

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Carmelo was quoted as saying something like "I think it's an insult to say that Lebron James is the best player in this draft class". Carmelo was right. To lead a team to a National Championship as a freshman is phenomenal. I wish him nothing but the best at Denver.

4. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Carmelo's better than LeBron, of the two. But, it's all about Darko, baby. At least in the long run, because he ain't doing sh!te right now.

5. isaac101

isaac101 New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Bethesda, MD
    I'm sort of biased on this one....but I thought that at some point right after the draft, LeBron admitted that 'Melo would beat him one-on-one. But a one-on-one game would take away what is probably one of LeBron's best traits....his passing game.

Of course, the true question this year will be which one makes their team better. LeBron is a better passer, Melo is a better rebounder. They can both score. LeBron is flashier, Carmelo more workmanlike. I guess we'll see.

Carmelo's national title is a nice tie-breaker though!

6. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    This year, Carmelo.

Lebron plays with worse teammates, has no jump shot, and will be defensively overmatched playing guard.

Carmelo has better teammates and is a much better scorer.

I've read that the Nuggets would have taken Darko if they drafted second. Right now, he's being brought along slowly. And remember, he had that dispute with his old team, holding him out of summer league.

7. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  8. bobuck

bobuck New Member

Mar 10, 2000
    NYC
  9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    1- i'd consider it too early to call this one

2-to be fair, lebron never had the oppurtunity to win an NCAA title

my guess: TBA

10. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He had the opportunity to try because he could have played at any college in the country, but he chose the money instead.

11. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    The correct decision by any objective standard.

Magic J. had a poor jumper when he entered the league as well...it can be improved. His defense against fellow guards was nothing to write home about either. But he had supreme vision. Vision is inate, and even according to NBA pros, LeBron has this in spades. For that reason I would have taken LeBron first as well.

bludaddy is right, its way too early; neither might amount to a thing, but I'm betting, barring injury, LeBron is better pro in 2007 and beyond.

12. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Brew City
    DWade is going to be the player to watch. Just you see.

13. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    I agree.

This could go down as a very good class that we could be talking for years.

14. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    First game stats:

Code:
    [size=4]
                      Pts   Reb  Ast  Stl  
    Carmello          12    7     3     1  
    LeBron            25    3     7     4  

[/size]

15. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, but you forgot the most important stats:

Code:
    [size=3]
    [b]Denver Nuggests 80  (Carmelo's team)[/b]
    San Antonio Spurs 72  (defending NBA champions)

Sacramento Kings 106
    [b]Cleveland Cavaliers 82  (Lebron's team)[/b][/size]

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

he's on my team

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    LeBron is amazing. He's definatly a better athelete than Carmelo is. But Melo has an amazing post game.

Have you guys noticed any commercials with Melo in it? He looks like a girl with those new dreds!

18. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    I don't know who actually has better skills, but I think Melo will fare better than James because of the lack of pressure. LeBron is being looked at as the 2nd coming of MJ. In Denver, people are a little curious about the Nuggets but they're still not very popular. In fact, I think it was last year where the Nuggets finished last in a popularity poll among pro teams in town. Yes, they finished behind the Rapids. So Melo can do his thing without having everyone watch his every move all of time. Plus, he's probably a more mature player than LeBron.

As for Darko, I read an interview from a teammate who said that he's still getting used to the physical play of the NBA. So he might have to put on some pounds before he becomes a force in the paint in this league.

19. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Darko played 0 minutes in game 1. My patience is wearing thin.

20. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He wasn't drafted to contribute immediately. What happens when your patience wears out completely? Will you write a vehement email to the Pistons front office demanding he is traded or cut?

21. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

:p

22. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    LeBron James still has no jump shot, and the Cavaliers look lost in the half court offense. The Kings and Rockets are not known for their defensive prowess. But, Lebron is an excellent passer, is very athletic, runs the break very well, and is a very good finisher. Let's see what teams and defenders do when they break down video tape of him.

Carmelo is a better shooter and rebounder than Lebron. That's about it at this point. In Carmelo's defense, he's already a focal point of his team's offense. Opposing teams already are keying in on him.

I haven't seen any other rookie, because almost every game on is either Cavaliers or Nuggets (who'd thunk that last year).

I still think Detriot made the right choice, since Carmelo Anthony would have to sit behind Tayshaun Prince and Rip Hamilton.

23. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I've seen them both play now and there's no comparison between the two. Anthony will be a solid small forward similar to Antoine Jamison. James will be the next Magic Johnson. An 18-year-old point regard grabbing 12 rebounds in his second NBA game- are you freaking kidding me?

24. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Truth.

21 pts, 12 rebounds, 8 assists would be a solid night's performance from a veteran. Can't remember last HS'er to adapt so quickly.....ooops, Amare Stoudemire!

But its the vision thing with James. Unless he gets lazy or big-headed there's no telling where he can take his game.

25. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ