Who's been the best through 10 games????

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by DavidJames, May 13, 2012.

1. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Poll on the Rapids site asks you to vote for who's been the best player through the first 10 games. The voting has settled down and Pickens is #1 (my choice).

Coming in second was Tony Cascio. Tony beat out #3, Drew Moor by 2.5% and Brian Mullan and Marvell Wynne by ~9%.

Seriously, Cascio has been the second best player on the Rapids?

Edit - Technically the poll shows not how people rank the players performance but who they think has played the best. So almost 15 people out of 100 think Cascio has been the best Rapids player so far this year.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for Wynne with Mullan a close second.

3. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted for Pickens. Cascio is just exciting to watch and of the new players he has had the biggest visual impact. When you are that player you are going to get a lot of votes from people. (Omar was that guy, but now it is Cascio)

4. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went Wynne. Not the flashiest, but a rock in the back and the team's not the same without him.

5. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

6. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I go back and forth...hard to know how to compare a keeper w/a field player. I'm leaning towards Pickens as he's been active and decisive (and healthy, perhaps that's part of it). But Wynne's a very good choice, and Mullan would be up there, too.

7. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Pickens. But if it had to be outside the goal...Wynne or Mullan. I agree, that it's most noticible when Wynne is not there.

8. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pickens and Wynne are clear cut to me. Hill and Cascio have to be up there based on putting ball in net.

Hard for me to quantify Mullan's impact since he spent good chunk at offensive position (RW) but is really a defensive hustle guy

9. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I like Mullan, but I am a little surprised to see that so many rate him as our best player through 10. He must be doing something different in the other parts of the field not directly in front of me (Kamani Hill and Tony Cascio also surprise me as choices...I'm excited about both of their efforts and potential... but best player through 10 games? Hill? He's started 1 game, I think, and 232 minutes total...that's not even 3 games total).

I'd go with Pickens and/or Wynne.

10. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a process of elimination problem...

1. Omar - Nice goals sandwiched in between a lot of indifferent play. If he can pull that off for a season my opinion might change, but I think he's gotta do more.
    2. Cascio - He's a rookie and I wouldn't call him the best. He does have a knack for finding the game, that's big in a rookie.
    3. Castrillon - I'm more impressed by his headers than his midfield play. Indifferent defensive play has me concerned about his future as a midfielder.
    4. Mullan - Hasn't been a threat on goal, but his link up work has been good. Leads the team in assists along with Rivero. Keeps the opposition honest on defense. Altogether, I'm more inclined to pick him for the honors, but still wonder why he's been the forward and Castillon is the midfielder? - Candidate
    5. Larentowicz - Actually deserves a lot of credit with the exception of the Philly game. He's continued to do his job after picking up the slack left when Mastroeni went to the bench. That's a pretty big switch for the midfielder. - Candidate
    6. Rivero - He looks very promising and continues to improve, but can't claim the first 10 games.
    7. Zapata - I just don't know. I don't think my impression is supported by his play, which is to say I think less of him then he deserves so far.
    8. Moor - Not sure why he hasn't received more notice. He never stops fighting. Is it too boring to nominate him?
    9. Wynne - Much like Moor he's just kept doing what he's always done. Is it too boring for a nomination?
    10. Kimura - Tireless energy on both sides of the ball. He's struggled. I think the team would do well to recognize that there should be a midfield between the attack and the defense. It'd make Kimura more effective.
    11. Pickens - Same as ever. Some great saves, but some soft goals.
    So for me it's any of: Moor, Wynne, Larentowicz, or Mullan. Too close to call.
    Fact is it's been a real team effort so far. No one's really standing out, and everyone's had their bad days.

11. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moor....he's always there. Alway's fighting.

12. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moor is good but had back to back poor performances a few games back

13. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006