Whoah, whats this doping caca?!!!

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Chiquitibum, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You had a choice of at least 10 other keepers and you choose

Villalpando?

Points and laughs

2. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I should've chosen Palacios, Navarette or Conejo. Did I say Villalpando should actually play? No.

3. Peoresnada

Peoresnada Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Mexico had to do this to protect their exportation and beef industry...1) they would had never imagine back then this would had happen 2) the loss of money of something another country alleges would had in the long run more ramnifications for the Mexican economy and its reputation than a scandal of their National Soccer team

Plus Germany this week with the recent E-Coli outbreak blame Spanish beef industry...they were wrong it seems and even the Spanish gov't got involve and demanded an apology and $$$ for such accusations in return for their losses...

You won't see Calderon and his peeps get involve with this but I bet you if the same happen with the Mexican beef industry he would...

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Blah blah blah

The Germans were right weren't they? The same thing that they were actually worried about hapening, just did and to our national team. This whole nationalistic "who are you to complain about us" just actually may have cost us really badly.

5. Chino_Antrax

Chino_Antrax Member

Sep 2, 2009
    if we're allowed to replace the players seperated these would by my pick, and im going with position for position (1gk, 2 CB's, 2 Offensive players)

Michel for Ocha
    Reynoso for Dueñas
    Leo Lopez for Maza
    Marco Fabian for Zinha
    Vela for Hobbit

ps. would bringing in Salcido fro LB to CB (like he played under lavolpe) be a better option then bringing down RM4 from the midfield?

6. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reynoso and Leobardo Lopez...lol. Agreed with the rest though.

Hugo Ayala and Mier (who I'm not a huge fan of) would be my choices at CB.

7. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Were FUKED!!!

8. L.D.11

L.D.11 Member

Sep 23, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I want to punch fernando fiore in the face, making a big fuss on only part of the story. Big mistake by the federation bring it all out without finishing the investigation.

9. Ro-Ro29

Ro-Ro29 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    I just hope this Beef-Gate gets cleared up soon. I remember when the Galindo-Carmona scandal broke: Mexico had just beaten Brazil in the 2005 Confed Cup, and the team had put together an excellent 2004-05 (beat Argentina in Copa America, first place in World Cup qualifying, etc.). Once that occurred, the details were so sketchy and it took months to resolve. Certain media outlets were reporting for weeks that there was a chance Mexico might be banned from the World Cup, since the drug screens had been FIFA-mandated, and it was a FIFA tournament. Galindo was able to salvage his career, but never reached his full potential. Carmona has disappeared thanks to a second suspension, and we sorely missed him in the right midfield in 2006.

Though I thought De Maria could have done a better job at the news conference, I'm glad the FMF has been so proactive in dealing with the situation before it gets out of their hands and becomes a novela.. Let's just hope CONCACAF doesn't try to set an example with these 5 players in an attempt to show the world it is still viable (which it is not).

10. Mr Pancho

Mr Pancho El Mero Mero

Chivas de Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Apr 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Hell Ya! I flipping hope so. At least Vela anyway's. Don't know about Nery.

11. Warwick the Warlock

Real Madrid
    Jun 12, 2006
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
  12. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    The five players are going to L.A. to do a second test.

13. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    when do we find out if we can call up vela

14. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd really like Jona to play both tourneys. Torrado is a liability I have liked what I've seen from Jona when he's played with Mex, already better than Torrado just inexperienced and not as much of a hard man.

15. Ro-Ro29

Ro-Ro29 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Are they really taking a second test, or are they just examining a second sample from the May 21st UCLA test? From Decio's news conference, and from previous doping cases, I understand that when player's get tested they provide a sample A and B. Only A is examined, but if results are not favorable or inconclusive, then the athlete can ask for sample B to be looked at. If the clenbuterol was digested through contaminated meat, then the dose is not strong enough to appear in both tests. If the second sample comes back positive though, then say goodbye to these guys for the next 2 years. It wouldn't make much sense if they got tested this week, when the clenbuterol could be out of their system by now.

16. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How far apart is sample b taken from a?

Clenbuterol lasts 4 days.

17. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is this true? There's got to be a way to prove these guys are innocent and I hope that's it.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems Gonzalez Inarritu said that if they are allowed to replace the 5 players they'd do it with guys from the Copa America camp.

18. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how they would be allowed to replace the guys, I mean they failed a drug test. The argument about whether it not it came from contaminated meat or intentional doping will take months you would think. Especially if the B samples come back positive, then it would be really hard to believe the meat story. But I will applaud the FMF for being honest about this. I hope and have faith the USSF would act the same way, because I highly doubt Warner's buddies in the Caribbean would come clean about this. If it's proven that the positive samples came from contaminated meat then that's really unfortunate/unlucky for those guys, but if it's from intentional doping, well then they're just stupid.

19. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    No. The substance only lasts a week or a few days in the body after ingestion, so the second test doesnt matter, as they will be negative.

There will not be any replacements as stated by concacaf rules, and the only one that can be replaced is osorio. So we have 2 goalies and 17 players for the rest of the cup.

20. Ro-Ro29

Ro-Ro29 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    FMF does all of their drug testing through UCLA, and I'm not sure how long they wait between tests, but I think what they look for is how strong a presence of clenbuterol is found, not so much if it is present at all.

I'm not so worried about FMF being punished, but about the players themselves. We've seen the FMF wash their hands of previous situations such as these, and if they have to throw the players under the bus to save themselves, they will.

21. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    I think they're taking a second test to show that the players weren't doped for the El Salvador game, cause El Salvador are asking Concacaf to deduct points from Mexico.

22. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what i find pretty funny from all this, is that i see this as a sign that Chepo should not have called up shitty players to begin with

think about it - Lucho gets injured, then Osorio turns out to have urinary problems, and now both Sinha and Duenas turn out positive in this doping test

it sucks that Ochoa, Maza, and Hobbit fell victims to this as well, but i just find it pretty funny that the guys we least wanted on the team, at the end got the boot :p

anyway, hope this shit gets cleared up and fast.

23. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    I want decio and justino to be up for trial after this is cleared up, Inquisition style(throw ********ing Iñarritu in there too).................and I'm not joking.

24. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    They will be fine believe me. After i found out about all this meat/poultry sanity, it all made me realize that they will not be punished. All they have to do is no taquitos al pastor y de nenepil anymore.

25. mazizo337

mazizo337 New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    nAZi Land
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The good news here is that now when we beat the nads, we can say that we did so with our "C" team running at approximately 86.5% :D