Who would you like to see replace Pasarella?

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by leoriver, Apr 2, 2007.

1. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That right there is the reason I don't want Alfaro at River.

2. elgallopol

elgallopol New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    nyc
    simeone is the man!!!!!!!!!!!

3. elgallopol

elgallopol New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    nyc
    To me as a lifelong riverplate supporter it has to be simeone and if that doesnt work out then my darkhorse would be yes el bambino hector rodolfo veira.some of you might be saying to yourselves,who the heck is he?he is to me the most successful manager that riverplate has ever had,with him river won a league title when in argentina when they played 1 title per season,a sopa libertadores, a world club cup,interamerican cup,and just to tweak the bosteros a what we would call in argentina(la vuelta olimpica en la bombonera)he has a tremendous record against boca so i just think he's capable of taking on a mess at river.i'm shocked his name has not come up,maybe he has retired and i didnt hear about it........neverdeless whoever is the coach is a no brainer..............

4. elgallopol

elgallopol New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    nyc
    it's copa not:) sopa libertadoes lol

5. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Es el elegido

La dirigencia del club de Núñez confirmó que Ramón Díaz es el elegido para dirigir a River Plate. "Es un nombre muy importante que genera mucha expectativa. Es el principal candidato", aseguró Héctor Caballero, Tesorero del club. Además aseguró que José María Aguilar habló con Savino, presidente de San Lorenzo, para comunicarle que el Millonario irá en busca del riojano. Otros de los candidatos son el Bichi Borghi, el Tolo Gallego, Simeone y Leo Astrada.

More...

6. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ramón le dice que no a River

El Pelado Díaz aceptó la oferta de San Lorenzo y será el entrenador del equipo en la Copa Libertadores. Aguilar y compañía deberán buscar DT en otro lado.

More...

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ESPN radio reporta que se abre negociacion con Claudio Borghi

8. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Aguilar asegura no estar "dolido"

More...

9. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Now I know some of you may not like this choice since Ramon, Gallego, Bianchi, and Astrada all said "No", but think about it. He would be coming from a successful club in Chile where they won 2006 Apertura & Clausura and the 2007 Apertura with him at the helm. Not too mention he was named 2006 Coach of the Year. So with that being said, he's got a pretty decent track record as a coach. Plus, he's had the opportunity to coach some pretty good players like Suazo, Mati Fernandez. Vidal, Riffo, and our own Alexis "Nino Maravilla" Sanchez. If he were to arrive maybe he could persuade Jorge Valdivia to come since it doesn't appear he will be in playing for Palmeiras next year.

10. rock-star_79

rock-star_79 New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Milwaukee
    Has River Plate chosen a manager? I don't know if anyone has mentioned but I read that José Pekerman has stated that he would love to manage River Plate. He had a very good tournament with Toluca in his first year, finishing second in the table. Toluca were one of the favors entering the liguilla but were eliminated in the quarter finals. Most people feel that Toluca did not advance into the semifinal only because he lacked experience in play-offs. I would expect he will be sharper in the 2008 Clausura Liguilla.

I think he is a very good manager. What do you guys think? I don't know much of the history of River so consider when answering. :)

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    El Bambino might end up as the coach

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman sucks and if Argies had a better coach they would have easily won their 3rd world cup

He had a champion team of the olympics and sub champion of Copa America a real dream team and he f'd it up with the argies. Also Toluca is another basically mexican allstar team so really the guy always gets great teams right now River is a disaster and new need someone who can turn this ship around and tho Pekerman is a good coach dont think he can fix river right now we need a miracle man..... and if Falcao and Bellushi bounce we are funk'd ! because we all know Aguilar is going to replace them with another Ruben or another crap player

13. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    well Pekerman did fix the U-20s of Argentina

14. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Not another run-of-the-mill, washed up coach:eek:. I mean yeah the guy won with River before, but that was over 20 years ago. The game has changed, the players have changed, the finances have changed, everything has changed. Bambino was great back then, but this is 2008, not 1986.

15. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

That he did, but he also focked up big time in the WC of 2006 playing his conservative style.

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Couldnt agree more
    You'll get more of what happened with Passarella with El Bambino in charge

so, hopefully he'll be your next coach :D:p

17. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The man for the job is "Bichi" Borghi. The man is doing wonders with a Colo Colo side that has lost, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Chilean internationals:eek: to clubs abroad. Now, did they regress somewhat during the Chilean Clausura?? Absolutely. Any club that sells four of their best players abroad would regress a little. But, Borghi has them back in the Chilean play-offs and fighting for the Championship. That, too me, is a mark of a good coach.

18. golazo26

golazo26 New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    I saw speculation today that Simeone is going to tell the Estudiantes squad tomorrow that he is quitting. Its looking like he is moving to El Monumental and supposedly bring Sebastian Dominguez with him. Also Cavenaghi is on his list of players he wanted at Estudiantes...

19. SRIRAM IYER

SRIRAM IYER New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Cagna Or Simeone A Young Coach.

20. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Simeone resigned from Estudiantes, so it looks like he will be next coach of River, and Passarella might ocach Estudiantes

21. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: El primer encuentro

José María Aguilar, presidente de River Plate, y Diego Simeone, candidato a ser el nuevo técnico del Millonario, se reunieron en horas del mediodía para comenzar a definir la llegada como entrenador del ex DT de Estudiantes.

More...

22. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: obsesiona a Aguilar

"Simeone es un técnico de gran proyección, muy firme en sus conceptos y con grandes condiciones para trabajar a futuro". De esta manera, el presidente del club de Núñez dejó en claro que el ex mediocampista es el principal candidato para reemplazar a Daniel Passarella. Pero para que el ex DT de Estudiantes asuma en el equipo millonario, deberá rescindir su contrato con el Pincha que vence en junio de 2008. La última novela del año promete un nuevo capítulo...

More...

23. RIVER CAMPEON

RIVER CAMPEON New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    NYC+Abruzzo+Mendoza
    Replace the President first then coach...but none of those 3...

24. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have to say I'm quite happy I was right on with my prediction and now el Cholo Simeone is our new manager. I'm sure he'll do great, or at least be a step up from the last couple of years, and let's face it, he was the best choice available.