Who would win Old vs New

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Soccerprep, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a hypothetical match between out "older" bubble players, and the younger guys, some of which who were not necessarily given the best opportunity to make the squad, who would win, and which team is more talented. To qualify you have to be under 28 for the young guys, and not be considered a lock. The old guys must be 28 or older, and not be considered a lock.

----------------Guzan-------------
    Wynne------Demeritt-----Spector-----Pearce

Mullan-----Gaven------Rico Clark------Mapp

-----------Rolfe----------Buddle

Reserves
    Westberg (only because no GK under 28 starts in MLS besides Guzan)
    Marshall, Boswell, Sturgis, Dunivant, Feilhaber, Szetela, Martino, Santino, Nguyen, Adu, Chad Barrett, Alecko, Cooper, Jaqua

Old Guys
    ----------------------Hartman

Albright-------Beerholder-----Conrad--------Hejduk

Ralston--------Olsen------Zavagnin-------Klein (i cant think of any one else)

------------------Ching----------Wolff
    Reserves
    Meola, Vanney, Petke, Wade Barrett, Armas, Cobi Jones, Marsch, Mathis, Kreis, Kirovski, Cunningham

Call me crazy, but I am voting for the young kids. Maybe it has something to do with the poor service going into the forwards on the slow midfielders, and defenders with very little skill.

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Can you please add an option for "Spartacus with a Piper Cub?"

3. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    I think the young guys would win rather easily.

I think the guys on the young "bubble" team have much more technical ability and athletic ability compared to the old "bubble" team. Also, I don't think Conrad and Beerholder would be able to stay with Buddle and Rolfe. I think the young guys would pick apart the hacks in the middle of the park for the old team. And, I don't think Ching or Wolff would get much service from the lack of talent in the middle for the older guys, and Ching and Wolff are two forwards that can't create on their own.

Young guys 3
    goals: Buddle 32, Rolfe 44, OG Conrad 76

Old guys 0

4. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'll take the reserve young guys in a 3 team tourney and they would beat both starting teams.

5. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Mike22

Mike22 New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Tampa-->KC, Mo
    ditto

7. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he is on the bench. he would play, but i do not have him starting, i originally had him starting over mapp, but changed my mind.

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    [​IMG]

9. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Who cares?

Either team would get the shit kicked outta them by any team that qualified to go to Germany. I'm tired of the bubble players. We're not as deep as some want to pretend. I just wanna get the real team together and see what they can do.

10. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    I think there is plenty of talent on the young team. We just have not seen much of it, since we have mainly seen the old bubble players.

With the help of the EURO players, we will not look as mediocre.

11. Soccerprep

Soccerprep Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Lafayette, LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11 votes for the old guys, but no one has told us why they have voted that way. is their anyone who would like to shed some light on this issue?