Who will win the Libertadores?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SoccerScout, Apr 25, 2006.

1. lnfected

lnfected New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    usa
    chivas - brazil side in the final.

2. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Even though Bobadilla is a great golie and has been a very important part of Libertad's succes, they are a very solid and mature team and I don't think they will fall apart after he leaves, plus they have another good golie Horacio Pipo Gonzales, just remember that Paraguay is a hotbed for goalies, we might not have much of anything else but goalies is ussualy not an issue for us.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What a bore/frustrating game Velez-Chivas was.. Chivas did nothing but defend after the penalty kick, I hate games where only one team is playing and you know they aint gonna score because theres 10 men defending in the area

4. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    yeah telle me about it..where was velez? chivas had the best chances and even had better chances than Velez with 10 men....

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Someone said earlier in B.S. that Velez was gonna win this year - it was a post written after the quarterfinals started.

Oh well.

6. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Chivas knows how to defend, that's for sure. Where the hell was Gaytan? That dude is amazing, he could have made a difference.

And damn, that Bofo is class.

The ONLY Mexican with that type of talent.

7. lnfected

lnfected New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    usa
    it was a good game, but you could tell both teams werent playing their best. its gonna be a badass one agianst sao paulo, bring it mang.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    tremenda sorpresa!

Osvaldo merece mejor futuro.

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You kiddin me? Velez seemed to be the only one tryin to score, Chivas was only defending defending to the moon and only had their chances tru counter attack

10. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Well, that probably had something to do with them needing two goals after Ramón Morales took his penalty kick. Chivas looked for the goal, they got the goal, then they adjusted.

That's playing smart, you don't keep opening up space in the back to throw the team forward trying to score more goals when you're already in control of the game, it's not fútbol de campito.

11. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    good points

I'll rep you for your great insights, you are right on the money here

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think that sums it up. As much as I like the attitude Chivas displays on the field, their game style is boring... even more to us South Americans. But it is effective. I even see them in the final... they already beat Sao Paulo this year...

I think Bofo is good, but he isn't THAT good. Most of his heel passes are rather predictable.. I wonder if the Velez players actually saw videos of him? Personally, I think the best Chivas player is Ramon Morales... and before he left for PSV, Salcido.

13. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Well let's see...Chivas scores a penalty kick...being the visiting team and Velez being the one in need of scoring 2 goals?....have you ever heard of strategy?

even with al the guys in the back and with 10 players chivas had the best chances and even scored with 10 men....

Velez was nowhere to be found in the field and while it looks like the absence of their 3 players hurt...everyone seems to forget that Velez couldn't beat a young Chivas/Coras(primera a) team in the first game..and that chivas made it to quarters with that young team

14. Mexico>Argentina

Mexico>Argentina New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Arriba los Chivas cabrones!!!