Who will win Group E?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Apr 16, 2006.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Who will win Group E in the 2006 World Cup?

2. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Italy IMO.

I don't know why USA is getting more votes than the Czechs...

3. Freddy Garcia Lives

Feb 28, 2003
    Tumwater, WA
    I believe the Czechs win the group with solid all around play.

4. JcUSA

JcUSA New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im going with my heart

5. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Italy... USA is getting more votes because this is an American board... plus the Czechs are vastly overrated and might not even have Nedved...

6. olegunnars20

olegunnars20 New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Dumfries, VA

ill tell you why one there are probably alot of americans voting, and two we can easilyt beat italy or czechs..maybe you should get your head out of your a@# and realize the USA is pretty good in soccer now..in my opinion i think it will be the czechs or the US..but i swear pepole forget ghana who is fast uptempo team very skilled can beat any of the three...it will be a tough group

7. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well maybe cause this poll is rigged with american fans!!:rolleyes:

8. USASoccerFanatic

Jul 8, 2004
    I think this is definitely the hardest group to predict. Italy, USA, and Czech Republic all have an equal chance of winning the group in my opinion. They are 3 very strong sides. But my prediction is that the USA will win the group becasue they are extremely deep in every position and will be able to match the skill level by Italy and the Czech Republic. Ghana could suprise one of the teams also, so nobody can overlook Ghana. They are still a part of the group and if the three major teams overlook them they may get disappointed.

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well we will see how deep your team is when they go up against Czech and not least Italy!:D

10. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    If the U.S. makes it it'll be because they'll snag the 2nd spot, which is attainable by their standards. But if they're supposed to win the group, than that means that most likely they'll have to beat both Italy & Czech Republic, and that is too farfetched IMO. I saw Ghana play at ACN and they didn't impress me, so I doubt they'll be a threat.

11. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    That statement might be true on US Soil or non-European soil. But in Europe, I find it hard for us to beat BOTH Italy and Czech Republic. I think we'll beat one but not the other. Italy on top, USA in second (I hope).

12. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    I hate to say it, but the USA won't make the second round. With the cup in Germany, the Czechs and Italians are practically playing at home and both have to be considered contenders for the championship. The US has never played well on European soil. Also, I expect to get screwe4d royally by the referees in this cup. I got a bad feeling we'll repeat our performance in France.

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I agree on every single point. The US plays horribly in Europe unless it's against Poland and Polska's in Group A, but then again Polska dropped a 3-1 ass kicking on the US last time around so maybe that's a good thing.

US: 0-1 to CZE, 0-1 to ITA, whogivesash!t to GHA

14. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    lol italy will win czechs 2nd us fans are just to scared to admit it

15. USASoccerFanatic

Jul 8, 2004
    You can overlook the USA if you want, but they will be in serious contention for the group title. They WILL beat either the Czech Republic or Italy.

16. karny9

karny9 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto
    based on...

17. ac2004

ac2004 Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Italy will win this group. They are LOADED with world-class professionals, unstoppable and is a legendary team. The US winning Group E? They only have a 15% to beat Italy, and Italy has an 85% chance beat the US. No chance for a draw because Italy will play to win and only for a win. They are pumped, primed, and very determined to get to the knockout round.

18. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    Realistically, we're in contention for 2nd place ...

19. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    ... especially if they bring Pippo. Man, he's been playing well ...

20. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    if you vote for USA you're either joking or stupid

21. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    whatever the voters of this poll are smoking is probably bad for their health.

22. Fun Boy

Fun Boy New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Dover, NH
    It's not nearly as bad as that poll as to who would win the World Cup, where America was second.

Realistically, the only way the US can win the group is to beat both Italy and the Czech Republic, or, beat one and tie the other, with the other dropping points somewhere. I just don't see that happening.

Now, second place, thats possible. Should either the Italy or the Czech's failt to play up to their standard, the US could go through that way. That is far more reasonable a scenario than them winning the group.

23. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    Hold on there Mystic Meg

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Why are people surprised when they come to an American soccer board that the Americans do well in polls like this? I bet if you went to a board of Ghana fans, Ghana would be advancing.

Personally I think Italy will win the group. Too much talent. As for who takes 2nd, I personally think the Czech Republic and the USA will tie on points (lose to Italy, beat Ghana, and tie each other). The difference is that the US plays Ghana last, and will know how many they'll need to score to advance. My guess is that the US team gets it done against a Ghana team that's already been eliminated.

And there you have it.

25. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Maybe cause this poll is rigged?...:rolleyes: