Who will win euro 2012?

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Dec 7, 2011.

1. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    obviously

2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spain. If they don't score more than one goal they can actually keep the ball away for the rest of the time.

Having said that, I think they will score 2 goals when they need to through a mixture of a half-fit Villa, Torres, Soldado, Fabregas and Silva.

This is easily the best placed european team to win 3 titles in a row since Germany 72-76; who I think they will go one step further than.

3. Bullit

Bullit New Member

Aug 31, 2009
    i think germany will win

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnG-gmrTivI"]Germany Euro 2012 promo - YouTube[/ame]

4. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    is everyone in agreement that the semis will be germany v spain , holland v another? with the obvious favourite being the winner of the germany spain match?

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    UEFA Euro 2012 Wiki

[​IMG]

Netherlands winning group B or Italy becoming first in group C?

6. TBHBP

TBHBP New Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Germany to win, hoping England can top group -> get Italy -> Beat Italy

that would do me.

7. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is that another provoking Spain fanboy sentence? :cool::p

8. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    i havent checked the lineup recently but my ko rounds was based on italy coming second in spains group and holland coming top in theirs. and no, im not a spain fanboy, they have hot chicks but thats as far as my bias goes.

9. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    also, germany have done amazingly well recently to get to where they are, they are hot shit and deserve respect. but other than the premis that a winning team is not a hungry team, spain have every cup of significance at the moment in club and world football and have regularly held them for a few years now. germany are trying to dethone the winners and till they do this, if they do this, they are second best

10. UkraineSport

UkraineSport New Member

Jan 14, 2012
    In late 2011, Ukraine issued a commemorative coin in gold, silver and nickel silver for Euro 2012. http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=1737681.html
    Quantity is very limited. During the week of sales in the National Bank circulation was completely sold out.
    Who are interested in buying commemorative coins for Euro-2012 write on mail: mavrodiua@gmail.com

11. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    I'm surprised by the amount of people writing off spain already, Germany has a great team (Holland too). But the thing is that Spain has the best midfield/attack combo by far, what can you do against a team that's playing with Xavi/Busquets/Iniesta/Fabregas/Alonso/Silva/Villa??? yes they can all start the game at the same time if they play with 3 at the back and with Cesc playing the false 9 role, Or they can maybe drop Alonso if they want to play with 4 defenders. If Villa's not fully fit yet, you can replace him with Soldado or Llorente or Negredo (Torres should stay away from the team imo). And this team still has players like Carzola,Mata,Navas,Alcantara (Maybe),etc... on the bench.
    Offcourse it's always possible that they might have an off day in one their matches that might end up being very costly for them, but other than that, i don't see any team beating them. I know i won't bet my money against them.

Spain is clear favourite for me, followed by Germany then Holland

12. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah but what about the lost match against switzerland in 2010? And then the game against Paraguay? Was Spain better? No they should've lost Paraguay had the penalty!

And then 1:4 against Argentina and 0:1 against England recently. So maybe they ARE beatable or they are just arrogant assholes who only play really hard when they have too. Everything else is just irrelevant for them...and a team like that european champion AGAIN. Yeah ******** off :( No they won't win I can smell and feel it!
    In other words I will personally cut off my dick if they win again :mad:

13. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    :D LMFAO...

Then i suggest you start trying to figure out how life without a dick is going to look like ;)

14. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    Walter Sobchak: ********ing Germans. Nothing changes. ********ing Nazis.
    Donny: They were Nazis, Dude?
    Walter Sobchak: Oh, come on Donny, they were threatening castration! Are we gonna split hairs here?

15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portugal will win

CR7 and Nani will be hard to stop

16. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

yeah....the alarm clock will ring and you'll wake up :D

17. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Germany or Spain

Spain because of the names, the worlds greatest midfield, fantastic finishers up top

Germany because they are Germany

18. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Portugal wins the Euro, all over the news people will hear of mass suicides all over the world.

Amazing the hate this team gets, Pepe, Coentrao, Nani, Ronaldo and a pretty good player in Meireles, all the sudden they put on a Portugal jersey and everyone thinks they suck.

The odds are they won't win, but if they do I would be more excited to see everyone cry and make excuses, rather than just the pride of finally lifting a trophy.

19. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of the biggest surprises would be Portugal. Even more surprising would be Greece ^^

But that really can't happen. Most teams can beat Portugal during a championship!

20. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't really mind who wins Euro 2012 but If I had to pick a team it would have to be Germany.

They are on great form and they have some fantastic young players + you always know they will do well in tournaments

21. ppp.223

ppp.223 New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  22. RafaMassu

RafaMassu Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The winner of E2012 hides in group B or C!

23. Thomas T.

Thomas T. Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Hamburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What about this midfield/attack combo:
    Schweinsteiger, Khedira/Kroos, Oezil, Mueller, Reus/Goetze/Podolski, Gomez/Klose?

And Holland has the best forwards of all teams (van Persie, Huntelaar), and Snejder, de Jong and van Bommel in midfield.

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Germany is looking to be the strongest and second is Spain which could be a final

25. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    The Germann midfield/attack combo is solid but it's not as strong as the spanish individually and collectively on a good day

-Busquets = Schweinsteinger (but i can understand the argument about Schweinteinger being the better player by some) > De Jong
    -Alonso > Khedira/Kroos > Van Bommel
    -Xavi > Oezil = Sneidjer
    -Iniesta & Cesc > Müeller
    -Silva > Reus/Goetze/Podolski
    -RVP > Villa > Klose > Gomez = Huntelaar in my opinion