Who will win Copa Libertadores Final

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by ecuafutbolfreak, Jun 24, 2008.

1. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Liga has to play de tu a tu in el Maracana,la zaga del Flu hace agua.If Liga plays the defensive game they will pay.Es en este juego donde Bauza tiene que meter fichas.He has to go back to the 4-4-2.El Pato Urrutia and Rambert Vera se tienen que comer ese medio campo.
    And for those two that are having a catfight,ya need to chill.

Lets go Liga,,ARRECHO LIGA!

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flu will probably come out with the same lineup. THey'll take out a defensive player and bring Dodo in the 2nd half if they are still down.

3. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    all im gonna say to this is.. at least i have a brian... have a good life:)

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    :(:confused:

5. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    lolz ********ing keyboard

6. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    a brian? i won't even comment on that... :D

anyway, I am ready to move on to better things! like how Liga is gonna take this cup!!

7. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wow, this thread is definitively focused on the subject....:rolleyes:

Anyways, what are the odds of Washington recovering in time for the game? If he doesnt make it, any Flu fan that can tell me what could be the option? Is it just a player substitution or perhaps even the positioning in the field of the whole squad?

8. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

If Washington can't play, then more than likely Dodo would take his place. But, with that being said, this final game is LDU's to lose. If CONMEBOL rules weren't so retarded then maybe those two away goals that Flu scored would mean something. How in the hell do away goals count once the group stages are over, then in the final they don't??:mad: Whoever is runnin that operation surely has there head up their ass.

9. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Fluminense will take it.

Is there extra time if they win it? or they go straight to penalty kicks?

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  11. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "El conjunto ecuatoriano se ejercitó por la tarde en el campo de entrenamiento del Flamengo, en el barrio carioca de Gávea.
    A su llegada al santuario del equipo con más seguidores de Brasil, los aficionados flamenguistas ovacionaron a los jugadores ecuatorianos al grito de "uh, uh, uh, LDU" y les desearon suerte en la final, según registraron medios locales.
    En la final continental, los aficionados flamenguistas apoyan abiertamente al conjunto ecuatoriano, puesto que quieren evitar que sus vecinos e históricos rivales los igualen en el palmarés de Copas Libertadores."

LMAO !!!! ITS TRUE.

Flamengo has graciously offered their training grounds and complexes for LDU to use and had even insisted on their use of it. Of course we all know Flamengo is Fluminense's arch enemy and rival. LDU has been training in Rio in Flamengo's grounds and complexes.

Also it is confirmed that Flamengo fans are going full force into the stadium and are going to root for LDU .. The name of this barra is coincidentally known as LDU, but not for Liga's sake but it means " Liga de Urubu " and now it has of course it has even more meaning to the Brazilians in regard to the present final.

This is crazy. ... lol Flamengo are really set on making Fluminense a laughing stock. This is something Barcelona S.C. and C.S. Emelec would also do, I don't doubt that.

12. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Barcelona and Emelec fans had a chance to cheer for Fluminense but instead decided to cheer for LIGA DE ECUADOR! :D

13. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I cheer for Liga de Ecuador all the time ... They're called Barcelona.

14. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Vamos Liga ************!

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Don't think they would to be honest, I'm sure Ecuadorians everywhere would want to win their first Libertadores even if it's a rival playing.

Brasil's case is different as Brasil has a bunch of Libertadores so it doesn't really matter, same with Argentina and Uruguay.

Same with Paraguay, Olimpistas would go full force against Cerro as we already have 3 Libertadores and Cerro fans wouldn't want Olimpia winning a 4th Libertadores.

But as for the other countries, don't think they would go against their rivals from their countries in a championship finals especially if its the first time a club from that country has a chance to win it, ofcourse I could be wrong.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    According to two Ecuatorian brujas... LDU will win. One of them even said LDU will score at least twice.

http://esporte.uol.com.br/ultimas/efe/2008/07/02/ult1777u89404.jhtm

And according to someone who isn't a wizard but sure like to acts like he can predict he future, the Copa is as good as Fluminense's:

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/esporte/ult92u418389.shtml

I don't believe in witchcraft, I don't like Renato Gaucho, and I want Flu to win. But I will say this. Renato Gaucho has been at least outwardly a bit too cocky for my taste. His team was routed in Quito in the first half and they let 4 goals in 45 minutes - more than 3 in 180 vs. Boca, 2 in 180 vs. SPFC, 1 vs. Atletico Nacional in 180... perhaps a bit more humility would be better. There are some within the Brazilian sports press who wrote as of yesterday that they do not expect Flu to win it all - not because Flu can't do it, not because LDU cannot be beaten by enough goals, but rather because of the attitude the team showed in Quito and the bravado Gaucho has been spouting (and may well infect the players). That is why Branco, who knows a thing or two about deciding a cup final, warned that the festivities by the fans should not affect the players.

My heart says Flu but I can't help but worry there will be a Maracanazo tonight. And whatever trash talk Flamengo fans endured by Flu fans after the 0-3 vs. America, Flamengo fans will repay them and them some if Flu fails tonight.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You got that right CB. Renato Gaucho hasn't been able to stop talking about Flamengo this entire time. He keeps making comparisons between where Flu is and where Fla is, and how he wouldn't switch spots (Fla is first in the league, Flu last), etc.

I KNOW this will be Flu's only shot at EVER winning the Libertadores. If they lose tonight, they can forget about having a shot ever again. Also, Flu would have to dig themselves out of a big hole in the league, without being guaranteed a CL spot next year. :D